Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please add a quitter debuff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please add a quitter debuff

Styxx
02.11.2013 , 07:07 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
If you stay in the match, get a guaranteed (random number) say, 25 (or whatever) extra WZ coms, plus a system of titles that reflect endurance, tactical acumen, dedication, severe masochism, whatever (basically, that you aren't a quitter).

Something like this might even get me to remain and play in Civil War.
Question: Say one player loses connection, due to bad ISP or crap client - are you still entitled to the extra WZ comms? And if the answer is yes, why is that? Where is the intentional harm done to the other 7, which WILL get a replacement almost instantly, which WILL stay, seeing that your team is winning?

Second question: how do you decide when extras are to be given, in the following case: you are losing by a slight margin, one 14k player leaves, gets replaced by a 20k EWH, which turns the tables? Why should you get any extras to begin with, for matchmaking doing its work?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Caeliux
02.11.2013 , 07:20 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Question: Say one player loses connection, due to bad ISP or crap client - are you still entitled to the extra WZ comms? And if the answer is yes, why is that? Where is the intentional harm done to the other 7, which WILL get a replacement almost instantly, which WILL stay, seeing that your team is winning?
One disconnect no.

A consistent amount of disconnects tough luck.

Other players and games are suffering over leavers, something has to give.

Second question: how do you decide when extras are to be given, in the following case: you are losing by a slight margin, one 14k player leaves, gets replaced by a 20k EWH, which turns the tables? Why should you get any extras to begin with, for matchmaking doing its work?
If you replace someone you should get credit who you replaced, it would give those that joined and stayed a incentive to play warzones instead of crying like a little baby and leaving.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
As long as the weekly requires wins I'll still leave. I don't have all day to play and getting put on crappy teams isn't exactly fun.
Read my post, you fit the bill why people makes excuses when people quit games.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191521

Leaving games hurts other people's time geting games, when you leave you screw over someone else.

I guess the bottom line is everyone will keep doing it until Bioware puts a deserter buff in like Warcraft.

Until then we are being dealt odds of people leaving.

Styxx
02.11.2013 , 07:49 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
One disconnect no.

A consistent amount of disconnects tough luck.

Other players and games are suffering over leavers, something has to give.
NO, it doesn`t HAVE to. And you ARE getting replacements via matchmaking backfills. So, you are NOT fighting in 7 or 6 or 5 for too long.

Quote:
If you replace someone you should get credit who you replaced, it would give those that joined and stayed a incentive to play warzones instead of crying like a little baby and leaving.
It looks like you "pro-debuff" folks are crying more. But the game is a win, in that case, so you are entitled to precisely nothing, regardless of any extra events.

And you have the actual PvP - pitting you and your skills against other players incentive enough. I have one more.. to win. And I am not a very patient person...
Quote:
Leaving games hurts other people's time geting games, when you leave you screw over someone else.
Where does it say that I owe anything to the other 7 randoms in the random WZ? Since when do I care about their feelings? I am doing my "job/role" based on the class/spec I am playing, I fully expect them to do theirs. I am not there to teach them - I am there to win. If they are still learning, fine.. but they will do it on their own time, not on mine. I`ll leave and try my luck on the next warzone, where i`ll get less scrubs. See page 2, user Feztonio post.
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

V-Serp
02.11.2013 , 08:16 PM | #44
Just end the WZ when multiple people quit in a row. Don't backfill. One or two people yes, it makes sense to backfill. 3 people gone at the same time? End the WZ, it's obviously not a competitive one. Bioware can't manage to code a different setting for NWZ and RWZ, that's the only reason we have games go on in NWZ now when people quit. It wasn't like that before RWZ was introduced, in 1.4 or whatever it was.

Hire some programmers out of India if the devs from the US can't get it done. Or China. Or anywhere that people know math and are competent.

Caeliux
02.11.2013 , 08:37 PM | #45
Since when do I care about their feelings?
We know people dont care about no one else but themselves.

A deserter buff with install a thought in someone minds thinking twice about leaving.

Thats the point, sticking it out instead of leaving over greedy opinions.

Any excuse unless its a 911 is a reason to get a deserter buff.

I don't care what happened, you should get something for leaving people to defend with less people.

Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people pay subs to play games without people leaving games.

I think something needs implemented to show leavers they only can get away with it a few times, after that its going to cost you.

What, you think people will unsub if a buff gets implemented?

That excuse would make me laugh if people threaten to leave this game for being punished for leaving games.

Dead serious.

I`ll leave and try my luck on the next warzone, where i`ll get less scrubs.
I laugh so hard when people use this excuse leaving games, shows what type of player you are.

V-Serp
02.11.2013 , 08:39 PM | #46
We know people dont care about no one else but themselves.

A deserter buff with install a thought in someone minds thinking twice about leaving.

Thats the point, sticking it out instead of leaving over greedy opinions.

Any excuse unless its a 911 is a reason to get a deserter buff.

I don't care what happened, you should get something for leaving people to defend with less people.

Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people play subs to play games without people leaving games.

I think something needs implemented to show leavers they only can get away with it a few times, after that its going to cost you.

What, you think people will unsub if a buff gets implemented?

That excuse would make me laugh if people threaten to leave this game for being punished for leaving games.

Dead serious.

I laugh so hard when people use this excuse leaving games, shows what type of player you are.
MMO PUG PVP is serious business!

Caeliux
02.11.2013 , 08:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
MMO PUG PVP is serious business!
I deal with it in a 4 man premade, but trolling is serious business isn't it.

V-Serp
02.11.2013 , 09:07 PM | #48
I deal with it in a 4 man premade, but trolling is serious business isn't it.
Simple solution, separate PUGs from Premades, so that PUGs aren't forced to deal with your fail premade that nobody wants to play with.

Caeliux
02.11.2013 , 09:24 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Simple solution, separate PUGs from Premades, so that PUGs aren't forced to deal with your fail premade that nobody wants to play with.
Lol huh?

Let me guess, your making excuses and trying to make me look bad so this discussion becomes about me and not the excuses of leaving a warzone.

Cool beans.

Styxx
02.11.2013 , 09:35 PM | #50
You get a replacement. The replacement can choose to stay or leave, but you DO get it. Where`s the problem again?

Quote:
Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people pay subs to play games without people leaving games.
I am also a subber and I don`t like recruit geared folks not follow orders and bad mouth, or PvE gear folks arguing that their rakata is better than 1400 expertise.

Also, people pay subs for access to the game. That sub gives you no rights towards other players, nor obligations.

Quote:
Oh, but the "bads/scrubs" dont get any penalty right? In your words, I am FORCED to carry them.

Again, you have two problems:
1. You will STILL lose, because people will camp a node or not participate anyway.
2. You failed to explain how this can apply in "legit" scenarios, where a disconnect is not a voluntary act, but an outside of the game issue - such as ISP issue, or client crash. You cannot even explain why you should get extra comms as a winning side and you lose a player which gets replaced and you still win.

When you will be able to explain 1 and 2, I might support it. Otherwise, no, thank you.

[EDIT]And I reiterate: when you lose a player, you DO get a replacement. From the game`s point of view, you are not fighting gimped for too long. So, where`s the problem?