Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please add a quitter debuff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please add a quitter debuff

Ferboten
02.09.2013 , 07:56 PM | #1
I'm tired of joining WZs in progress where the enemy is winning by a landslide and half our team left, or people leaving at the start because they don't like their teammates' gear or didn't steamroll the enemy right off the bat. I don't understand why there are absolutely zero consequences for leaving a WZ, people can just repeatedly leave and requeue until they find a WZ where they can get carried. It promotes a terrible attitude and it needs to stop.

Please add a 15 minute quitter debuff so this nonsense can end.

Signed,
A raging player

Alericus
02.09.2013 , 08:25 PM | #2
Funny you mention the player leaving so he can find a match that will carry him. I suspect a large percentage of quitters do so because the team they are losing with is expecting them to carry the team. I hear all this crap about quitters when i think the real issue is the afk attitude from all the players who think they are doing everyone a favour by having 2 to 6 sitting at nodes getting defender medals.....and you wonder why players who want to win quit?

Id rather see matches split out between theose who have a majority of wins under their belts being allowed to group against other such teams and another queue for those who have a majority of losses and those who just have a wack of defender medals.

I would then request a a seat to watch the second style of match, Im sure Id see a whole lot of nothing but at least they would stay for the whole match =0
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 08:42 PM | #3
You know you can just leave too.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Raynezazki
02.09.2013 , 08:43 PM | #4
No.

I just had two matches against the same blasted premade (I stuck it out but I don't blame anyone for leaving). The day they have it so 4 man premades aren't queueing with regular pugs is the day I'll support a quitter debuff.

foxmob
02.09.2013 , 09:21 PM | #5
Quitter debuff is a waste of time and energy: there will always be quitters. a debuff won't stop it. wow is case in point. get rid of back fill. problem solved. you're welcome.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

ChaoticDynamite
02.09.2013 , 09:24 PM | #6
Yeah...No.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Mharz
02.09.2013 , 10:11 PM | #7
I fully support a quitter debuff.

I would suggest a minimum of 1000 WZ comms and 2 hours of no warzones.

Quitters suck. Don't quit, don't suck.
#The Furious Angels#
Mharz - Master of Aequitas
Website|The Signal|HQ
Libertas|Emeritus|Veritas|Aequitas|Praelium|Ad Astra|Velox

sauerkraut
02.09.2013 , 10:22 PM | #8
That's what you get, when force PUGs vs Premades.

lazyax
02.09.2013 , 10:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mharz View Post
I fully support a quitter debuff.

I would suggest a minimum of 1000 WZ comms and 2 hours of no warzones.

Quitters suck. Don't quit, don't suck.
whoah, watch out, we got a bad4ss over here.

no, just no. a quit debuff wont solve anything. people will just afk or node D farm instead.

DarthSabreth
02.09.2013 , 11:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferboten View Post
I'm tired of joining WZs in progress where the enemy is winning by a landslide and half our team left, or people leaving at the start because they don't like their teammates' gear or didn't steamroll the enemy right off the bat. I don't understand why there are absolutely zero consequences for leaving a WZ, people can just repeatedly leave and requeue until they find a WZ where they can get carried. It promotes a terrible attitude and it needs to stop.

Please add a 15 minute quitter debuff so this nonsense can end.

Signed,
A raging player
before they add a quiter debuf they need to:
1. Ballance the classes.
2. add a cross server pvp que.
3. tone down the overly overly ultra excessive cc.
4. add a program that detects hacking software.
5. fix some of the lag / bugs that wz's have.
6. reward backfillers for staying. right now if you fill its basically like not even playing. the reward is not worth the effort.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .