Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP spec for a Marauder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best PvP spec for a Marauder

fishlivers
02.09.2013 , 06:40 PM | #1
I have never played a Marauder in PvP before I have always used my Juggernaut, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a good PvP spec for the Marauder

Thanks for any advise

MachoLL
02.09.2013 , 06:44 PM | #2
Carnage is the far best pvp-wise spec for marauders. Smash (rage) is easily countered by decent players and annihilation is best for pve.

Blasphemerr
02.09.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3
Carnage/Combat. As a good player you can solo average-decent unguarded healers and annoy the hell out of good ones indefinitely. Add in that when you're white barred you can go in and thunderpunch people which is essentially a guaranteed kill.

Rage is silly and it's dps is overstated (until you stack 2-3x of them);
Annihilation use to be fun, but I never played it consistently.
Something pretentious.

AngusFTW
02.09.2013 , 06:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
Carnage is the far best pvp-wise spec for marauders. Smash (rage) is easily countered by decent players and annihilation is best for pve.
I do play carnage/combat and its a great fun spec IMO (when theres no bubble stuns) but to say it isnt also easily countered by decent players is dumb. Its MUCH easier to counter then smash.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Amebia
02.09.2013 , 06:54 PM | #5
Derp?

Shockwave lasts 20 seconds

Gore lasts 4.5

Gl keeping an lolrauder away for 20 seconds.

Derp

/Endrant

MachoLL
02.09.2013 , 07:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I do play carnage/combat and its a great fun spec IMO (when theres no bubble stuns) but to say it isnt also easily countered by decent players is dumb. Its MUCH easier to counter then smash.
I dont say that carnage/combat mara's/sents can't be countered but I do say it's not nearly as easy as to counter a smasher, pretty much all his damage comes from smash and ravage which both can be easily countered. Knockback on smash and stun on ravage. The carnage marauders damage comes from both force scream, ravage and masacre -- sure ravage can be easily interrupted but the only way to counter force scream and masacre is to pop your defensive cooldowns and try to kite the dude around and no decent melee dps can just be kited around (maybe unless you are madness sorc, they got so many ways to slow down melee dps's it's ridiculous).
THE SUR'KASH LEGACY
Hydian Way > Nightmare Lands > Red Eclipse > Tomb of Freedom Nadd

My YouTube

Blasphemerr
02.09.2013 , 07:23 PM | #7
Saying combat/carnage is "easily countered" is a bit silly. We're heavily tooled to stay in melee range of our target almost indefinitely. Our greatest burst [ravage/master-strike] is easily countered--sure, but that is barely 15% of our total PVP damage. Smash/Annihilation have a much harder time laying down consistent pressure and their "burst" is virtually uncounterable.
Something pretentious.

AngusFTW
02.09.2013 , 07:35 PM | #8
Well.. it is. anyone that knows the spec can shut down your burst and theres soooo much stuns in the game to do it with too.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

fishlivers
02.09.2013 , 07:51 PM | #9
Okay, thanks for the help!

biowareftw
02.09.2013 , 08:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fishlivers View Post
Okay, thanks for the help!
Well you can thank him but he is wrong.

Annihilation = carnage in pve. Play which one you like more.

Until bubble stun is removed rage is the ONLY viable choice in 50 pvp other then carnage as a group speed buffer.

On a decent server you are going to be sitting inside stuns/purposely popped bubbles for the majority of the time. You better be hitting hard and be hitting quick (one ability) when you come out, which makes rage the only viable option.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)