Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buffing migh result in a new nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Buffing migh result in a new nerf

Feztonio
02.10.2013 , 03:56 AM | #11
all out damage depends on opening from stealth. the biggest problem i see is the overabundance of smashers. the random splash damage yanking us out of stealth to be sitting ducks with no survivability. perhaps something as easy as a talent or protection from incidental damage ruining stealth?

i feel fine pvp damage 1-49 and even at 50. it's the being yanked out of stealth dozens of times as i need to get up close behind players to do my damage, but i can't be in stealth with all the smashes and random spells going off.

i'm all for being pulled out of stealth if i am seen or direct targeted but the get-lucky by tossing aoe at someone else - i won't get into smashers using an aoe spell for single target damage argument - and me getting hit trying to position against some different enemy all-together
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

JohnElias
02.10.2013 , 04:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
all out damage depends on opening from stealth. the biggest problem i see is the overabundance of smashers. the random splash damage yanking us out of stealth to be sitting ducks with no survivability. perhaps something as easy as a talent or protection from incidental damage ruining stealth?

i feel fine pvp damage 1-49 and even at 50. it's the being yanked out of stealth dozens of times as i need to get up close behind players to do my damage, but i can't be in stealth with all the smashes and random spells going off.

i'm all for being pulled out of stealth if i am seen or direct targeted but the get-lucky by tossing aoe at someone else - i won't get into smashers using an aoe spell for single target damage argument - and me getting hit trying to position against some different enemy all-together
Well said, I completely agree. That would be one hell of a good start if the Devs are too worried about making us OP by increasing burst damage, etc. A simple fix like that could really help Operatives up their DPS a little bit. It's logical though. Stealth = Hidden Strike = DPS, immunity to non-warranted AOE DPS = Still in stealth = Still capable of using Hidden Strike = Doing more DPS in a Warzone. It's a start that would make me happy.

NoTomorrow
02.10.2013 , 04:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Thats why we need constant class adjustments. Not only to scoundlrel and IA but to all classes. Thats the only to have a game that is balanced. Not how swtor is. Devs break pvp then abandon it for months.
A class that is capable to choose its engagements and can as well disengage from a n unfavorable fight should be weaker in a straight and fair fight against a class that cannot choose to do so.

Also stelathers immune to AOE? And how are we dupposed to pull them out if stealth? Lets not remove the very little skill left necessary to be a good stealth dps.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.