Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 v 1 Champions Tournament Official Sign-up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
1 v 1 Champions Tournament Official Sign-up

IAmViiOLENT
02.23.2013 , 04:58 PM | #81
Don't suppose it's too late for Opfotm to join in?

kraykind
02.23.2013 , 05:55 PM | #82
damn think i missed it

GalnarDegana
02.23.2013 , 06:01 PM | #83
Apparently, "server time" is pacific. I thought like you did that server time was where the servers were, since there is no /servertime command. That would be in Austin, TX lol. Anyway, it is at 5 pacific/7 CST, which means I cannot make it like I thought I could ((
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

trigstar
02.24.2013 , 09:35 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by xIphonex View Post
Hey it's Chukles again. Just going to say looks like we're going to have a good turnout for this event. I'm actually here to post the rules. For everyone that signed up already on my previous thread I will be putting together a bracket. The other thing is if your still interested in doing this, comment on this updated thread or mail me on Chukles/Verdus or mail Spliffy.

Date:
2/23/13 at (5 SERVER TIME)

Place:
Narshadda Promenade

Buy-in:

Tournament Format:
Double Elimination

Rules:
1) Screw it I am going back to my original rule no sap healing. If you don't like it I don't care. More people have said they don't want sap healing than people who have said they do.
2) Medpacs are usable.
3) No grenades.
4) No adrenals of any kind.
5) No clickly relics, for ex. (dreadguard boundless ages relic)
6) Respecing is allowed.
7) Last minute rule no intercedes to duelers!!!

That pretty much sums it up, remember have fun and there will be lots of credits to be earned!
In a message about this, I think you should add one more rule. No Expertise USE, so you're at zero and no one has an advantage, Strictly PvE Gear use. It would make it much more interesting I think. I say this because I assume most in a PvP battle is a lil to dependent on the expertise.
Hello I am Rędd/ Old-Red, Founder of Republic Honor on the server Harbinger
http://cerberusrh.enjin.com
RIP: SWG, Ahazi

GalnarDegana
02.24.2013 , 09:50 PM | #85
Aside from the fact that this is over lol, everyone that competes in these kinds of things is usually in fully optimized War Hero or better. It would be unfair to make dedicated PvPers use anything but what they've earned.

By the way, I would love to do this again soon, since I missed it this time
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

trigstar
02.25.2013 , 01:21 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
Aside from the fact that this is over lol, everyone that competes in these kinds of things is usually in fully optimized War Hero or better. It would be unfair to make dedicated PvPers use anything but what they've earned.

By the way, I would love to do this again soon, since I missed it this time
Yes I realize that you want to use the best gear you have. It was just a suggestion for next time. Hey the battles would last longer and be more nerve wrecking for ya. I mean heck, if you're a tank and get matched up with some healer in round one out gearing you completely then it's over, that's no good time, being the same for other times in the matches. But hey that's just my opinion.

Archiah
02.25.2013 , 10:08 AM | #87
At issue here is the likely hood that many participants may not have other gear, leaving only the option of using empty gear to level the field. It's an interesting idea, but I doubt very many would go along with it.
[CENTER]Razhure
? ? ?

trigstar
02.25.2013 , 04:05 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Archiah View Post
At issue here is the likely hood that many participants may not have other gear, leaving only the option of using empty gear to level the field. It's an interesting idea, but I doubt very many would go along with it.
I see your point, but heck could just set it to the lowest possible gear set, then everyone would be on the same playing field it'd be just like the days in SWG well if you ever played the game, where PvP gear was just the same as PvE, no difference except for certain classes and how you played the game in those days. But heck yeah the conversation is good, some disagree, some don't we'll see when the next one comes up.