Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major class changes without addressing lightsabers is a joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Major class changes without addressing lightsabers is a joke

Chemic_al
02.10.2013 , 05:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
We do get a melee ability, Tumult. And I agree this could/should have been a lightsaber ability. As I said, I would like to see a saber throw animation. But it isn't going to do the class any good whatsoever to add a meaningless melee ability. We are designed to fight at range, and that is where we should stay.
Tumult... is conditional on the target being incapacitated, and a level 28 ability, hardly the same as the ones I mentioned which you learn before you pick an AC for agents and bounty hunters, the comparable abilities for us being thrash and sabre strike.

Sumata
02.11.2013 , 03:07 AM | #12
I smash/open quest objects all the time with mah glowstick. Also, I block a few weapon shots when the mood strikes me.

MusicRider
02.11.2013 , 05:41 AM | #13
Saber animation wise I would prefer an ability more in the lines of blade storm or throw saber. Sages are ranged classes, this can't be changed.

warstory
02.11.2013 , 09:51 AM | #14
We have to live with stay stick but I have a question to everyone who read the changes. Do u think its enough for tk sage? The second bubble sounds like its channeled meaning we can't attack while it is up. Is the teleport ability for us or just shadows cause that seems like it will help but not sure if we will have access to it

-Sirus-
02.11.2013 , 11:31 AM | #15
I would love to see an attach for each tree that involved charging the light saber with the force then unleashing the energy with an attack. Below are some ideas

Seer/Corruption: Arcing slash attack that does minor damage and applies debuff to enemies in frontal cone. debuff heals allies who attack the target

Telekinetics/Lightning: Hurl charged saber at target dealing moderate and applies stacks of a debuff. debuff causes target to take additional damage and lose a stack of the debuff when attacked

Balance/Madness: Leap attack only usable on targets taking damage from your mind crush/crushing darkness. Does heavy damage and gives movement speed buff for a very short duration.

Felioats
02.11.2013 , 11:57 AM | #16
Even if they did give Tumult a lightsaber animation, it still wouldn't be enough. I wouldn't mind having situational lightsaber abilities as long as they got some use, but Tumult is not only situational, it is unusable in the elder game.
>

Marak
02.13.2013 , 09:26 AM | #17
As much as I hate bringing WoW into TOR conversations--- I was reading this thread and I remembered metamorphosis demo warlocks in WoW. Generally speaking they are magic ranged DPS, but they have a cooldown that allows them to melee for a short time as they turn into a demon and are granted melee abilities.

Why can't we do this for sages? Obviously not turning into a demon or anything, but give us a cooldown that gives us some powerful melee abilities that allows us to jump into the fold for 30 seconds every 5 minutes or something.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Atramar
02.13.2013 , 09:34 AM | #18
Don't want to point the obvious, but trash(double strike) is using light sabre, and the free attack uses it too.
it's not harry potter for you to use the sabre to cast lightning. you do it from your finger tips.
and last time I checked, my sage uses glow stick to block bolts, and uses it it animations.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Talyndor
02.14.2013 , 10:40 AM | #19
I want to throw my saber like my sentinel does with Dispatch. that would be very cool.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Altheran
02.14.2013 , 10:54 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
The second bubble sounds like its channeled meaning we can't attack while it is up. Is the teleport ability for us or just shadows cause that seems like it will help but not sure if we will have access to it
The "teleport" is likely to be Shadows only, as the "self-stasis" is likely to be Sages only.
And you're not mistaking, the "self-stasis"-ability is likely to be a "I'm not here, don't mind my presence"-ability. Nobody can fight with you, and you can't fight either.

PS : The Shadow that I am, don't want this "teleport". I'm a Jedi, who applies some mystical forces to affects objects or individuals, not a ninja who teleports and doing as well as a Rakata device but without any technology.