Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SLI 9500s and low fps...

kennn
12.20.2011 , 12:29 PM | #1
I have 2x 512 MB Geforce 9500GTs (SLI) and I will be lucky to get 25 fps on all low settings including the crappiest res at 800x600. Why is my framerate so fkin bad? i have updated drivers, checked my settings on my comp and in game, and nothing. Any1 else having the same problem with the 9500s on SLI or is it something with my comp?

My computer should be able to handle swtor pretty easily. Any thoughts?
"Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Fear is the mind-killer.
theprotip.com

Amodin
12.20.2011 , 12:30 PM | #2
That the client may not support SLi? You might have to force it in the SLi profile in the video settings.

Anti-Aliasing still isn't in the game yet either. It was disabled in beta and the check box was completely removed for launch.

Nubacat
12.20.2011 , 12:32 PM | #3
Also turn off shadows.

starsybil
12.20.2011 , 12:40 PM | #4
Could you take a look at your gpu activity? A lot of people inluding myself are having a problem where the gpu just wont do much in certain areas, but when ur on your spaceship it will go up to 80% and your frames are awesome. Its mainly people with ATI cards, would be really interesting if this affects you too.
I tried a lot of things but changing the settings even on the lowest res everything off results in bad fps, tried every possible setting ingame like shadows off and also in the drivers. Nothing seems to help. If it affects Nvidia cards too I would take the conclusion that its clearly a bug of the game.
Thx

kennn
12.20.2011 , 12:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post
That the client may not support SLi? You might have to force it in the SLi profile in the video settings.

Anti-Aliasing still isn't in the game yet either. It was disabled in beta and the check box was completely removed for launch.
- it supports SLI because I took off SLI and I was getting half the framerate (10-12) with SLI off. With SLI on, I was getting 20-25.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nubacat View Post
Also turn off shadows.
- shadows were off. everything was set on low resolution and low quality.

Quote: Originally Posted by starsybil View Post
Could you take a look at your gpu activity? A lot of people inluding myself are having a problem where the gpu just wont do much in certain areas, but when ur on your spaceship it will go up to 80% and your frames are awesome. Its mainly people with ATI cards, would be really interesting if this affects you too.
I tried a lot of things but changing the settings even on the lowest res everything off results in bad fps, tried every possible setting ingame like shadows off and also in the drivers. Nothing seems to help. If it affects Nvidia cards too I would take the conclusion that its clearly a bug of the game.
Thx
- i am unfortunately not able to access my computer for a few weeks (out of town for holidays) so i can't comment on the gpu activity. however, all of my settings were low/off as well. it has to be a problem within the game because my fps are just fine in other games, just not swtor.
"Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Fear is the mind-killer.
theprotip.com

starsybil
12.20.2011 , 12:54 PM | #6
yeah ditto, tried skyrim and witcher 2 they both run ultra fluid and the activity is @90%... and with your rig its definitely not the hardware

kennn
12.20.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7
any other ideas what may be the cause?
Fear is the mind-killer.
theprotip.com

Paskem
12.20.2011 , 03:51 PM | #8
I am sorry to say but GTS 9500 is old and was low end when it came out, in 2009.
Even in SLi it is low end today.

I guess you have C2D CPU at some 2.x Ghz and 2+ Gb DDR2.

Sadly it all spell old machine.
MMOs are generaly very CPU intensive. Lots of math behind every action.

I have no doubt that you would invest into your comp if you could but sadly you will have to deal with poor performance.

the-algebraist
12.20.2011 , 03:51 PM | #9
Do you have an AMD CPU, and if so are you using windows Vista or above?

If you are then the problem may be that you don't have TLB Disabled - a feature added in one of xps service packs and for some mental reason carried over.

If you google "AMD TLB DISABLE" and run that patch you /might/ notice a remarkable difference.

I go from about 15 fps to 60 fps. Its to do with memory leaks, and an MMO being a very CPU intensive affair instead of a GPU one.

Just a thought.
It's not living that counts, it's living rightly.

hullkk
01.06.2012 , 12:21 AM | #10
im running dual gtx 275 . both card run at 87-94 % Gpu usage . sli is running great for me.I get between 70-110 fps
sorry it time to up grade.