Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

NLxAROSA
02.10.2013 , 08:34 AM | #21
Since when does having money to pay for a subscription automatically mean you're a good player or not having the money mean you're bad? F2P vs Sub is a non-argument, period. In any online game, 90% of the players have no clue how to play, that's reality, deal with it. It has nothing to do with wether they paid or not. There wouldn't be a game left if it weren't for F2P, keep that in mind.

linbel
02.10.2013 , 10:13 AM | #22
poor PVP is nothing to do with F2P, it is people not trying for the objectives,

Cryowolf
02.10.2013 , 11:01 AM | #23
For your average solo que player, objective based pvp just isn't as fun/exciting. Who really *enjoys* solo guarding a node? Some of us do it , sure, but we aren't giggling to ourselves in anticipation of sitting at snow for a whole match. People that truly care about winning the match care about the objectives, but even those players don't all want to stand alone at the node or turn themselves into cannon fodder carrything the ball.

Like some others have stated, you can find 3 other similar minded players as yourself and que with them. That's the easiest way to change the outcome of the match. Or if you really just prefer to solo que (like me) and you can keep your cool, then toss instructions into ops chat. You'll often be ignored, trolled, argued with or possibly cursed at, but you'll also occasionally be listened to.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

WaldoA
02.10.2013 , 11:02 AM | #24
Mhm I've noticed an increasingly painful amount of people who are under level 20 in pre50 warzones, without advanced classes and without the sprint ability. They provide nothing to the team except allow you to live for a few seconds longer while they get killed first.

malicnchains
02.10.2013 , 11:30 AM | #25
What OP fails to realize is f2p is whats currently saving this game.Without it youll have longer que pops for pvp and pvp.No matter what you will always have derps in wzs.

mulzii
02.10.2013 , 11:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Mhm I've noticed an increasingly painful amount of people who are under level 20 in pre50 warzones, without advanced classes and without the sprint ability. They provide nothing to the team except allow you to live for a few seconds longer while they get killed first.
nothing absolutely wrong with being in pvp under 20. I am usually at or near the top of the wiz in terms of medals, objective points and dmg/kills with my vanguard. Granted some classes like smuggler/agent suck in those levels, but my sorc/vang/pt and even my merc do well right from lvl 10 on. if you can kite, you can do well in lowbie pvp regardless what level. That would be a l2p issue..

LanceCorporalDan
02.10.2013 , 12:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by malicnchains View Post
What OP fails to realize is f2p is whats currently saving this game.Without it youll have longer que pops for pvp and pvp.No matter what you will always have derps in wzs.
Pops are alright right now in 50 wz's but hardly any of those players are f2p think I've noticed two. Pops were ok in sub 50 as well, so f2p in my opinion is hurting pvp more than helping it. Don't know what to say about how it's other effects in the game
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Rockerfox
02.10.2013 , 02:05 PM | #28
I have a lot more fun in the pre 50 bracket. Yes you get teams who are idiots (especially on an rp server) but it is a lot less annoying than the crap that happens in the 50 bracket if you don't have a solid team.

RidgeBlader
02.10.2013 , 03:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
Under 50 WZ's have never been saturated with skilled players. Hell, most of the time you would get half decent players and half below-average players. I could tolerate the incompetence of under-50 WZ's before F2P was launched. I cannot now. The amount of incompetence, stupidity, and trollish behavior has convinced me to never queue up solo for warzones anymore.
Stop being an elitist jerk. People need to have the opportunity to learn how to play PVP sub 50 so they will do stupid things and not listen. But who really cares except elitists like you that need to go into a sub 50 PUG (PUG MIND YOU) and complain about random players looking to have fun or learning to play.

I am happy to see you have decided not to que.
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s

Raansu
02.10.2013 , 03:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
people are quick to blame the f2p players, but the stupidity i've seen in WZs lately are usually from the vets. There seems to be an overwhelming movement in pvp to not guard the nodes and pad the scoreboard stats.

AE is the worst. Nothing more frustrating then stealing the enemies pylon and being up by 100 and pretty much a guaranteed win if they hold their own pylon. Then having everyone deathmatch in the middle leaving one person at the pylon that gets owned by 3+ stealthies. No one seems to want to guard NC or CW either...just run to where the most players are and pad those meaningless stats.
This is why I think that for the most part the scoreboard should be removed/changed. Replace heals/dps stats with a more defined objective points scoring and medals.