Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

jizerai
02.09.2013 , 05:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Unfortunately. A slow paced game like this should never have someone so bad they can't reach 100k, unless they're like a lv 10 operative, but then they're better off healing. Now if it were a fast game that took actual skill then I could tolerate badness maybe for a week or so. But the amount of bad is astoundingly high
Damage isn't really that great of a skill-meter. It's more about positioning, ability-usage and battlefield awareness (checking the map to see where you're needed most).

With that being said, I'm playing an Operative healer right now that I'm leveling up through PvP. I usually break 50-100k damage as well, due to Fragmentation Grenade and stopping caps, while healing for pretty much 2-3x that at the same time, and I see people doing 30-40k damage as DPS aaaaaaaall the time nowadays. It's getting pretty ridiculousness at times.

It's not their fault though. They have to learn somehow and hopefully, in a dozen or so matches, they'll be pretty decent. We just have to suck it up and deal with it. That's just the way it is.

Btw. I love that guy and his party! :')
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

AshlaBoga
02.09.2013 , 05:56 PM | #12
The average skill PvP player in this game has always been lower than I would have liked (I think for many people studying class mechanics feels too much like work so they just que and don't read forums).

I think that encouraging people to go to mmomechanics to study their class and primary tree would work wonders.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Zunayson
02.09.2013 , 09:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jizerai View Post
Damage isn't really that great of a skill-meter. It's more about positioning, ability-usage and battlefield awareness (checking the map to see where you're needed most).

With that being said, I'm playing an Operative healer right now that I'm leveling up through PvP. I usually break 50-100k damage as well, due to Fragmentation Grenade and stopping caps, while healing for pretty much 2-3x that at the same time, and I see people doing 30-40k damage as DPS aaaaaaaall the time nowadays. It's getting pretty ridiculousness at times.

It's not their fault though. They have to learn somehow and hopefully, in a dozen or so matches, they'll be pretty decent. We just have to suck it up and deal with it. That's just the way it is.

Btw. I love that guy and his party! :')
Yeah but skill implies high damage. Therefore, not high damage implies not so skilled. My first match I did terrible (Beta playing a sniper). After a dozen maps I was way decent.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Tamanous
02.09.2013 , 10:19 PM | #14
Must be a server thing. Last night at around 4 am (5am server time) on BC under 50 pvp popped instantly. We rarely wait for a pop and matches are the usual: Some erratic on both sides, some with pre-mades on one side, sometime both. You get walked over at times, walk then over other times and tons of very close matches.

There will always be idiot players who have no clue how to pvp but nearly the same can be said for 50 pvp seeing how so many simply pvp for casual fun. Sadly 50 pvp isn't set up for casual fun but hardcore gear grind and playing against pre-mades who can't get into or bother getting into ranked warzones.

I'd say issues with pvp has more to do with the server one is on.

lord-durpp
02.10.2013 , 12:37 AM | #15
as a lvl 39 op heals, i can easily pull 150k on a decent match. however, when the enemy marks and destroys you, and your team frogets to guard you, it can go pretty badly (40k). So we heals can be pretty dependent on some protection
Cut 'em down!

Glower
02.10.2013 , 01:31 AM | #16
f2p players at 1-49 and crafters at 50.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

V-Serp
02.10.2013 , 02:28 AM | #17
The only reason there seemed to be better play before is because there were barely any players, especially on repub side on some servers. So you had the same small group of people constantly queuing, and learning each other's tendencies since you were pretty likely to get 2-3 other people on your team that were constant PVPers too.

But seriously it's not big deal. Either queue up in a premade if it really bothers you or just kind of accept it otherwise.

I haven't tried out any lvl 50s since I re-subbed again (wound up erasing them because preferred limit was actually 2 before iirc, I think they loosened that now but I wound up erasing my toons before that happened). I'd imagine lvl 50 is just premades rolling the hell out of a bunch of F2P n00bs.

Dubberdub
02.10.2013 , 02:53 AM | #18
I understand the OP's idea, but I also feel for the f2P players. As an old player recently re-subbing to this game I too am frustrated by the lack of skill of players. However, I realize that I learned how to play the old fashioned way (by observing, listening and learning from the players who were bettet than me).

I find the stubborness of playeres to be the most maddening. For instance, asking for people to call incoming enemes in any wz, asking some1 to guard a healer or to focus a marked target.

Feztonio
02.10.2013 , 03:42 AM | #19
i'm just astounded by the number of folks who don't seem to know the goal of the wz. most are take a majority of nodes then guard the nodes. it's frustrating when we have 2 nodes to check the map and see me guarding one, another guy guarding our other, while the other six teammates are peeveepee'ing in the roads or at the 3rd node we do not control.

meanwhile 7 of the enemy zerg one of our nodes and cap back on a seven vs one.

i get it pvp jamboree is fun, but you don't win by facerolling smash in the roads all game. it's strat-based pvp. control nodes. its' been 14.5 months now. christ L2P
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

mulzii
02.10.2013 , 08:18 AM | #20
people are quick to blame the f2p players, but the stupidity i've seen in WZs lately are usually from the vets. There seems to be an overwhelming movement in pvp to not guard the nodes and pad the scoreboard stats.

AE is the worst. Nothing more frustrating then stealing the enemies pylon and being up by 100 and pretty much a guaranteed win if they hold their own pylon. Then having everyone deathmatch in the middle leaving one person at the pylon that gets owned by 3+ stealthies. No one seems to want to guard NC or CW either...just run to where the most players are and pad those meaningless stats.