Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest class to pvp with and be good

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hardest class to pvp with and be good

Ryvirath
02.09.2013 , 09:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
There are no hard classes to pvp with and be good. All MMOs have a very low skill ceiling for play. That is what attracts so many bad players to them. There is next to no multitasking, a small haldful of cooldowns to watch, and a priority system to follow for your abilities. Aside from that, you have 7 other AC's to think about for what they can do to counter you. That is extremely easy to learn.

This game, and most mmos, don't require you to have skill. They just require you to not be a complete moron.
This isn't true for healing I find. Great healers are probably one or two per server. They are the ones who can effectively triage, bounce back and forth between damage and healing as necessary and know when to sacrifice themselves and when not to. The amount of information you -can- process to be optimal as a healer is everything happening on the battlefield.
Disembrae Legacy
BiS pvper streaming all classes and specs (Returning August 2014)

Free stuff referral

mulzii
02.09.2013 , 09:15 AM | #22
easiest is the PT/vanguard, hands down. very few skills to manage, but designed well so all the skills 'flow', easy heat management, and massive single target damage. They are good from lvl 10 right through to 50 and beyond.

hardest, or rather, more micro-managing to me is OP/scoundrel (concealment not healing). You really have to manage your defensive cooldowns, ccs and burst. they dont get their pvp skills to lvl36, and if their target doesnt die through their opener, they have to kite well, and use coolsdowns perfectly. And there energy management is a bit difficult to master if your opener doesnt kill the target.

You could argue madness sorc at 50 or even a nondarkness sin, both of who does rock when mastered, but they have soo many skills/procs/etc that theres a steep learning curve to get to that point (and the sorc is squishy).

Arsenal/pyro mercs are easy to learn skillwise, they just die in pvp whether the player behind them is good, poor or god-like.

Baalzamon
02.09.2013 , 11:34 AM | #23
Scoundrel Scrapper

mufgufkin
02.09.2013 , 11:38 AM | #24
PT pyo. All those 4 skillz confuse me

ktkenshinx
02.09.2013 , 01:24 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
if you think lightning sorcs are good at kiting you must have never run into a madness sorc. now theres the king of kiting.
That's probably true against other classes, but against a Scrapper (my main class), I definitely have less trouble with a Madness Sorc than a Lightning Sorc. The full 31 investment in Madness excludes Sorcs from BOTH Bubble Stun and Electric Bindings, which are the two biggest problems for me as a Scrapper. The 0+/17+/17+ Spec, with insta cast Whirlwind, Bubble Stun, AND Electric Bindings is way scarier than just Creeping Terror (in my experience). And before someone gets cute and counters with "Well you must not have played against any good Madness/Lightning Sorcs", I can assure you that our server has more than enough skilled and geared Sorcs to go around.

All that said, I would add Madness Sorc to the list of classes that is challenging (And rewarding) to play. I just wouldn't call it the king of kiting (maybe queen?) relative to the Lightning builds with Bindings and Bubble Stun.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

lucianobck
02.09.2013 , 02:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ElevenBfour View Post
Hardest class to master in pvp?
Sorc and Sages... if you disagre you know ANYTHING about this game.

lucianobck
02.09.2013 , 02:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Sniper,rly? He said hardest, not easiest.
[2]

Really arsenal mec in pvp? You need be a great noob to say that... Arsenal no have a good use in pvp...

cashogy_reborn
02.09.2013 , 02:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by lucianobck View Post
[2]

Really arsenal mec in pvp? You need be a great noob to say that... Arsenal no have a good use in pvp...
thats what you think
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Zunayson
02.09.2013 , 03:09 PM | #29
Concealment operatives are easy to play, its luck of the crit to be honest.

Excelling as arsenal has little to do with your skill in mastering the spec and more to do with basic pvp common sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

wargonglok
02.09.2013 , 03:14 PM | #30
go sabotage gunslinger, its fun, and pretty challenging to play well; can provide a lot of support and guarding, my gunslinger once tanked a fp
Sniper, 'nough said