Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Likely No Balance Changes in 1.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Likely No Balance Changes in 1.7

cashogy_reborn
02.08.2013 , 05:50 PM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-...uary-12th-2013

1.7 is skipping straight over the PTS and going to live servers. which leads one to believe that there will be no significant balance changes made with this patch cycle.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Asunasan
02.08.2013 , 06:01 PM | #2
Yuck, so now they get another 6-8 week grace period before they have to do something about smash and bubble stun. Lameness.

jizerai
02.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #3
Looks like it, yes. But isn't that exactly what they've already said? That there will be no class changes until the expansion.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Asunasan
02.08.2013 , 06:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jizerai View Post
Looks like it, yes. But isn't that exactly what they've already said? That there will be no class changes until the expansion.
I think many of us concluded that, I don't remember a BW source ever saying it.

jizerai
02.08.2013 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I think many of us concluded that, I don't remember a BW source ever saying it.
You might very well be right on that. Memory is a tricky thing. Either way, I would be very surprised if they did any class balancing until then.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

cycao
02.08.2013 , 06:24 PM | #6
While it would be nice to see some changes, honestly its probably the right thing because I bet you will see some major changes with the additional 5 character levels that is coming with the expansion. I am saying this as I find the bubble stun and smash incredibly annoying. Not OP but super annoying.

cashogy_reborn
02.08.2013 , 06:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
While it would be nice to see some changes, honestly its probably the right thing because I bet you will see some major changes with the additional 5 character levels that is coming with the expansion. I am saying this as I find the bubble stun and smash incredibly annoying. Not OP but super annoying.
the expansion is toted for a spring release. assuming we are back to the 6-week patch cycle, the next patches will be on March 26, May 7, and June 18. all of those dates are within "spring".

based on bioware's past decision patterns, im betting on a June 18 release. PvP for the next 4 months is gonna be so much fun
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

foxmob
02.08.2013 , 06:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
ok but the easiest thing in the world is fixing bubble stun. you could argue all day and night about smashers, but bubble is broken in two ways. either one fix would be the simplest thing: fix the hit to resolve and make it only stun for the caster. iunno. I do expect that. I don't think that's asking too much.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Eggsalicious
02.10.2013 , 02:16 PM | #9
The new content in the expansion will force people to live with the upcoming class changes. They're completely out of touch, but they're not completely stupid.

~Eggsalicious

Technohic
02.10.2013 , 03:03 PM | #10
I do not think any of the last few "balancings" have been on TC even when they have tested it. I find it odd that nothing is on test, but that doesn't mean they don't throw out a couple of tweaks.

What it tells me is; they don't give a crap what we might think in testing. They are going to do things their way.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.