Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

Yndras's Avatar


Yndras
02.12.2013 , 05:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Awesome! I really hope this gets off the ground. If KOTOR II is anything to go by, this will be a great game. Then again, I'm also a little disappointed because this means its unlikely we'll be seeing a KOTOR 3

Seems to me that Star Wars is beginning to focus on that pretty unexplored period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. We've got Star Wars 1313 and the possible Star Wars: Underworld live action series coming up... I wonder what sort of game we'll be seeing here. Are we going to be wielding lightsabers? Blasters? And what will the graphics look like? Something like SWTOR or something more real?

I'm thinking concerning story that you might play one of the few remaining Jedi who survived Order 66 and are fleeing from the Empire (opportunity for light/dark paths here.) But then again, a Jedi's path to rediscovery has kinda been done and done again in KOTOR I and II - so maybe Obsidian will do something different.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be great and I look forward to adding another videogame to my Star Wars collection!
Are you freaking kidding me? Obsidian made a terrible job of KOTOR2. Sotrylines unfinished, plot hole, not to mentioned the ending made no sense whatsoever. They used the same engine as KOTOR did, made no new skills, used basically the same planets, and still could not finish it.

They had a sith so powerfull he was eating force users, yet the fight against him was trivial, and wth, why didnt he just eat me?

Rubbish, KOTOr@ was rubbish.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.12.2013 , 06:04 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? Obsidian made a terrible job of KOTOR2. Sotrylines unfinished, plot hole, not to mentioned the ending made no sense whatsoever. They used the same engine as KOTOR did, made no new skills, used basically the same planets, and still could not finish it.

They had a sith so powerfull he was eating force users, yet the fight against him was trivial, and wth, why didnt he just eat me?

Rubbish, KOTOr@ was rubbish.
The game was unfinished because Lucasarts made them push the game out way ahead of schedule. They made plenty of new skills (obviously not new to Star Wars, but new to the KOTOR series), made new planets (again, not new to the franchise, but new to the KOTOR series).

Darth Nihilus had been weakened when he fed on the dead world that is Telos. That's why he was easy to beat. Though easy is subjective as he can be difficult depending on the strategy.

I suggest checking out the Restoration mod.

Edit: And Nihilus couldn't 'eat' the Exile because he/she is a wound in The Force, just like Nihilus.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ausstig's Avatar


Ausstig
02.13.2013 , 05:07 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Lol, KOTOR2 is so amazing that people, fans you may call them, even bothered to work their asses to bring all the unseen content into the Restoration Project.

So you know what, I hope they'll do another SW game just to ruin your day.
It will kill another era.

KOTOR 2 was sooo boring it got KOTOR 3 canned.

Those 'mods' your so proud of won't fix the boring opening or the ending, still lame mystery to open with limited replay value 'It's the driod! He did it!'. Or the boring ending, which pecks too early; the assault on Telos was where we had a big battle, then we fight the final boss and save the galaxy. Which involved the remote doing something, requiring me to kill all the beasts. Then into the academy, which is full of enemies, who just wait for me to attack them, at least the Sttarforge had the ability to overwhelm me. So yeah

It won't ruin my day, I won't care. It will be like TFU 2, I will be disappointed that a good game could have been made instead of this.
Have Force lightning will travel

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
02.13.2013 , 05:46 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
It will kill another era.

KOTOR 2 was sooo boring it got KOTOR 3 canned.

Those 'mods' your so proud of won't fix the boring opening or the ending, still lame mystery to open with limited replay value 'It's the driod! He did it!'. Or the boring ending, which pecks too early; the assault on Telos was where we had a big battle, then we fight the final boss and save the galaxy. Which involved the remote doing something, requiring me to kill all the beasts. Then into the academy, which is full of enemies, who just wait for me to attack them, at least the Sttarforge had the ability to overwhelm me. So yeah

It won't ruin my day, I won't care. It will be like TFU 2, I will be disappointed that a good game could have been made instead of this.
lol i actually thought kotor 2 was better than kotor minius expect for the story kotor 1 has a better story hands down

ps. i liked TFU 2 was great game but not worth the money it only sucked because they made it way to damn short
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
02.13.2013 , 11:31 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
KOTOR 2 was sooo boring it got KOTOR 3 canned.
Troll spotted, thank you for your input.

GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
02.13.2013 , 11:42 AM | #36
I have faith in Obsidian after New Vegas.

I mean, KOTOR 2 was in 2004. Obsidian was bound to get more experienced over the 8-9 years that have passed since then.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
02.13.2013 , 11:51 AM | #37
Personally, I though KOTOR 2 was abysmal - from what I remember the plot make absolutely no sense and was packed with clangers.

Bascially, one of the worst examples of the EU getting way ahead of itself. All the Jedi wiped out - have we not heard that one before?

'Wound in the force'? What?

Darth Nihilus - he eats Jedi. Why? What does he get out of that? He's an evil villain without an evil plan He just exists!

Everyone the exile meets and befriends can become a Jedi - really?


Terrible, terrible game.


The robes were nice though.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Kharnamatic's Avatar


Kharnamatic
02.13.2013 , 01:05 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Spoiler from EP3, he died
If Darth Maul could survive plummeting down a bottomless shaft with his lower half missing, then Mace Windu has a high chance of still being alive.

Remember, in Star Wars falls from great heights never killed anyone:
Darth Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP II Kamino, also EP III Order 66)
Luke Skywalker (EP V AND he had his hand chopped off like Windu)
The Emperor and Boba Fett (who both came back in the EU)

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.13.2013 , 01:23 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
If Darth Maul could survive plummeting down a bottomless shaft with his lower half missing, then Mace Windu has a high chance of still being alive.

Remember, in Star Wars falls from great heights never killed anyone:
Darth Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP II Kamino, also EP III Order 66)
Luke Skywalker (EP V AND he had his hand chopped off like Windu)
The Emperor and Boba Fett (who both came back in the EU)
Obi-Wan survived due to Jango's whip cord and even if he did fall all the way it isn't falling for miles down, in Ep 3 that wasn't really a long fall and he just fell into water.

Yes but Luke wasn't also fried with Force Lighting, that is what killed Windu and infact Luke would have died if he hadn't been sucked in through another portal vent.

The Emperor came back due to Essence Transfer(or rather cause authors couldn't figure out a new enemy), and Boba didn't fall a huge height he fell into a sarlacc pit which he shouldn't have gotten out of due to the biology of the beast but came back due to fans, the same with Maul and the fact that TCW was wanting to have another villain come into the story.
=====

So...ya, the only one you could say that for is Luke and he would have died had he not been sucked into another vent.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

sithgreyguard's Avatar


sithgreyguard
02.13.2013 , 02:02 PM | #40
My only concern is what would it even be about? kenobi and yoda are hiding. the jedi council is gone. darth vader is killing all jedi and destroying the jedi teachings. young luke skywalker is farming. not much left!