Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolve values working as intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Resolve values working as intended?

General_Aldo
02.08.2013 , 03:30 PM | #1
Keep this in mind, this doesn't happen often during warzones and you have to be paying attention to your own resolve bar. But I have had where I get stunned and my resolve bar is 999/1000. Even if the resolve bar is at 999/1000 you still get stunned for the full duration of the next stun that happens. This might be why people are feeling the over-stunned in warzones (Which might not be the case). Is the 999/1000 for resolve working as intended? And I have at this happen to me on multiple instances. This is why there needs to be diminishing returns. This is NOT a complain post, so keep those comments out of here.

Mookind
02.08.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2
Yes if you are at 99% resolve and some one hits u with an 8 sec break on dmg cc you will eat it all

Working as intended

Ybini
02.08.2013 , 03:47 PM | #3
Yeah I think people expect that once it goes white, it should break the CC automatically but it doesn't. The other thing is if you're undergeared, you can't eat the first stun because you die quick, if you use your cc breaker they'll just stun you again and you die stunned anyway.

General_Aldo
02.08.2013 , 04:15 PM | #4
I don't believe people are understanding this post. I know how resolve works, whether i agree with it or not. But if you have 999/1000 resolve, you are still liable to be stunned for the full duration. The 999/1000 resolve is the problem. I'm wondering since the release with 1.4, if this was somehow a programming error. I have NEVER had 999/1000 resolve before 1.4.

Asunasan
02.08.2013 , 06:18 PM | #5
It would be rare, but someone could stun you as your resolve was decaying. If they timed it just right you would end up with 999/1000 resolve. That is the only way an odd number like that.

cashogy_reborn
02.08.2013 , 06:21 PM | #6
this is one of the problems with having resolve decaying at a constant rate at all times
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Toasted_Coconuts
02.08.2013 , 06:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
this is one of the problems with having resolve decaying at a constant rate at all times
When I hear the word decay, I think long periods of time.

It's more like Flash Evaporation.

Smashbrother
02.08.2013 , 07:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Keep this in mind, this doesn't happen often during warzones and you have to be paying attention to your own resolve bar. But I have had where I get stunned and my resolve bar is 999/1000. Even if the resolve bar is at 999/1000 you still get stunned for the full duration of the next stun that happens. This might be why people are feeling the over-stunned in warzones (Which might not be the case). Is the 999/1000 for resolve working as intended? And I have at this happen to me on multiple instances. This is why there needs to be diminishing returns. This is NOT a complain post, so keep those comments out of here.
It's called skills. Some people can time their cc properly so they don't white bar you.

General_Aldo
02.08.2013 , 08:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
It's called skills. Some people can time their cc properly so they don't white bar you.
This has happened to me by known terribads. This has happened too many times to be skill. Not even Jesus could do this. This is why I think it's an error on programming. Or 999/1000 resolve, getting stunned for 4 seconds or 8 second hard stun, is working as intended.

Zajfien
02.08.2013 , 11:28 PM | #10
Resolve is working as intended .... LIKE CRAP