Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Different Servers

Haltermania
02.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #1
I had a question regarding the other servers. i am currently playing on Harbinger but i wanted to explore other servers since they have different modes

1) what exactly is a RP server?

2) in a PVP server, say i chose to be imperial does that mean other imperials can attack me or is it only republic? what i thought is true (or if i am wrong) is being on a planet like tattoine and seeing a republic driving on their speeder and me chasing after them.

Thanks for help

Owsley
02.08.2013 , 10:52 AM | #2
1) RP = Role Playing - same as regular servers only players there are in character

2) PvP server is faction vs faction only, although you can duel your own faction and the designated PvP areas like Outlaw's Den on Tat allows open PvP on all servers.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

BeToo
02.08.2013 , 11:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Haltermania View Post
2) in a PVP server, say i chose to be imperial does that mean other imperials can attack me or is it only republic?
It basically just means you always will have the 'pvp flag' turned on. So you can get jumped by the opposing faction at anytime in traditionally non-pvp areas.