Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dealing with Ninjaloot in FP PuG's?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dealing with Ninjaloot in FP PuG's?

AMcM-T
02.08.2013 , 05:46 AM | #1
If item is BoE;
Need = Bound
Greed = BoE

So ninjas can only ever get the base cash value of an item, no GTN for you!

This obviously applies to items that were BoE in the first place, but could be universal in dealing with items that no one want due to party make up or gear inflation allowing for GTN or alting as the winner sees fit.

so,
If item is BoP;
Need = Bound
Greed = BoE (BoL?)
Does the second bit offend anyone?

xOxDarkyxOx
02.08.2013 , 06:02 AM | #2
I thought most gear was bound even if it was won through the greed option. At least this is what I see in HM FP's

haliy
02.08.2013 , 06:05 AM | #3
no.

How many times have you seen someone genuinely needing an an item by accident and then realizing they made the mistake, ask in group who else needed the item and then trade it with them. Your suggestion would null and void the option to actually do that.

Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
I thought most gear was bound even if it was won through the greed option. At least this is what I see in HM FP's
Most of the gear is BoP however, there are some items that drop which are BoE.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

AMcM-T
02.08.2013 , 06:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
Quite right!
I guess it's more of 2 suggestions then, first is for nerfing ninjas, second is for freeing up vendor trash that is currently BoP and making it usefull. However, it makes the rule universal to the roll that is made and dosen't rely on coding each item...

My Bad.

AMcM-T
02.08.2013 , 06:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
no.

How many times have you seen someone genuinely needing an an item by accident and then realizing they made the mistake, ask in group who else needed the item and then trade it with them. Your suggestion would null and void the option to actually do that.
Current ingame 2 hours transfer timer deals with that, but good point.

haliy
02.08.2013 , 06:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AMcM-T View Post
Current ingame 2 hours transfer timer deals with that
Forgot about that... i blame the lack of sleep and waking up at 2am for work on that one. Now where is my dam coffee!!!
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kja - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

aallancole
02.08.2013 , 06:15 AM | #7
Only problem I see with this is that there are some ninja looters out there that would still need on these items either to get a few extra creds, or just to troll the group. Either way it does not fundamentally eliminate the possibility of ninja looting. The only way I can really see completely (or almost completely)eliminateing this problem is to either;

1) flag all gear as only being usable by the class it is intended for and only let that class roll need on it (but that will cause some problems for people like me who like using strange items on different classes i.e. using certian trooper helms on jedi guardians), or

2)Have it so that you can only roll need on items that are equal to your highest armor proficancy (i.e. Jedi guardians could only roll on heavy and so on) which would still allow for the possibility of ninja looting, or

3) I believe this has already been brought up is to have the class gear loot be awarded to every player in the FP/Op at the end of the FP/Op, but only award one random piece per boss in that FP/Op. That way if there are 3 bosses in a FP then at the end when you complete the quest you get a box that when opened gives you 3 random pieces for your class gear. That way in the above example of 3 bosses in a particular FP it would take you at least 3 runs to get the set which would preserve the replay value of the FP/Op while it is level appropriate (which for me could be a good thing as I have a habit of running a FP till I get all of my class gear from it and end up closer to the next planets max level than most).

AsheraII
02.08.2013 , 07:03 AM | #8
Get rid of player controlled loot distribution in Flashpoints altogether, and implement lootbags instead. Give each player the exact same BoP item, no matter what drops. Problem solved.
Can't use the item you got? Then put it on a companion or vendorize it.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Mowermanx
02.08.2013 , 07:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Get rid of player controlled loot distribution in Flashpoints altogether, and implement lootbags instead. Give each player the exact same BoP item, no matter what drops. Problem solved.
Can't use the item you got? Then put it on a companion or vendorize it.
This is what Id like to see.

Jamagh
02.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #10
Oh boy! Loot bags! I wonder what is inside! Oh... another bag with either a couple comms... or gold. Yeah... lets not. WoW did it... and it was not cool.