Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So lowbie PVP is fun...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So lowbie PVP is fun...

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.08.2013 , 09:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
how is it less stressful, when after you fought for a node, took it, first you want to guard, but there are 4 people on it, so you leave, 3 defenders left, 30 sec later when you fight on other node, you see all 3 of them ran away from node because defending is boring (and of course enemy capped it)? or my favourite, defender ran away from node, because he didn't want to die

huttball is a different story...
This crap happens in 50 pvp to. Whats your point? Baddies are bad, doesn't matter what level they are.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
02.08.2013 , 09:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
This crap happens in 50 pvp to. Whats your point? Baddies are bad, doesn't matter what level they are.
it happens, but less. Ratio is different, and in 50s people care about their reputation a bit, while in 10-49 no one cares.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

islander's Avatar


islander
02.08.2013 , 09:44 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Most people don't care about the baddies in lowbies. Lowbie pvp is just simply less stressful. If you just want to BS and have some fun, go do lowbie pvp. Why? Because you don't spend 90% of the game *********** stunlocked or chain rooted/slowed and you don't get blasted for 6-7k every encounter. TTK isn't absurd and burst is reasonable. At most you'll see high 4k bursts and that's rare.
Yeah, and in it's place? Healing is overpowered instead. Got more healers? You're going to win.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Cryowolf's Avatar


Cryowolf
02.08.2013 , 09:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
that leaves us with PT pyro who are deadly on lowbie, but not so common for some reason
Why have only one blaster pistol when you can have two? Why use a blaster rifle when you can use an assault cannon? When the scoreboard comes up with the BH or Troop icon, many people (the less informed general pop) assume it was a Merc/Mando doing all that damage because hey, PT/VG are a tank class, right?

On topic, I enjoy both lowbie pvp and 50 pvp. They almost feel like two different games in the same setting so it's refreshing to switch it up.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
02.08.2013 , 10:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
At the same time, it doesn't mean there are not BAD players in 50 as well. Maybe they just have more abilities to spam randomly while not playing the objectives, but they are still there.

That said; I do think sub-50 is worse balance wise You want to complain about scrappers/concealment from level 40-50? Go play one prior to level 40. lol

I've been recently leveling my Pub side toons. I think I am going to get them all to level 40 with capped comms along with the level 40 PvP armor already bought, and then I am going to augment the level 40 gear and keep it up to date since I about have all the crafting skills to 400 now, then it will be PvP with them each until they max out on ranked and regs. Debating on the last quest accept for a level 50 in sub-50 party along with getting a recruit set ready to go. Totally balanced BTW. Nothing to see here.
Why even bother with recruit? My vanguard has a set of WH waiting to just go crazy in a lowbie WZ. You only get to do it once so you might as well enjoy it.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

cycao's Avatar


cycao
02.08.2013 , 10:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Debating on the last quest accept for a level 50 in sub-50 party along with getting a recruit set ready to go.
I am all ready to do this, I have 7 pieces of legacy gear min/maxed with a rakata stim. Whenever I decide to do my next warzone on my jug its on like Donkey Kong.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.08.2013 , 10:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Why even bother with recruit? My vanguard has a set of WH waiting to just go crazy in a lowbie WZ. You only get to do it once so you might as well enjoy it.
Well; recruit will be plenty when considering it being in sub-50. After having my first toon I just got to 50 and didn't pvp much along the way to the RNG back only to have the gear grind change, and then having 3 toons after that with as much BM gear as I could, only to have WH prices dropped to be the same price; I decided that while I am leveling all these alts, when I hit 50, I am not going to spend their capped comms until I am ready to PvP in level 50 on those toons.

Who knows. By the time I'm done with this batch of 4, there might be the next tier of PvP gear out. Sort of playing the odds they are going to progress gear the same way over time.

islander's Avatar


islander
02.08.2013 , 10:48 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Why even bother with recruit? My vanguard has a set of WH waiting to just go crazy in a lowbie WZ. You only get to do it once so you might as well enjoy it.
Ha, I thought about doing this, maybe on my assassin.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

CaptMurphy's Avatar


CaptMurphy
02.08.2013 , 10:55 AM | #29
Lowbie PVP is just. plain. awful.

From the Noobs who know next to nothing about proper tactics (understandable) all the way to the elitist PVP'rs leveling their 11th alt who feel the need to chastise said noobs as well as the ones who actually know what they're doing, but don't have their full bag of tricks the level 40+ characters do. That being said, I do enjoy the challenge of not having all of my main's abilities on the mirror class I'm leveling now. It forces me to try new tactics.

Don't get me wrong, 50 PVP has its fair share of babies QQ-ing on the ops channel (the very worst being the ones who complain while winning a match), but nowhere near the garbage I see in 10-49.

mulzii's Avatar


mulzii
02.08.2013 , 10:57 AM | #30
maybe its the server, maybe people are not being quite truthful, but i can say from my experience, i have 4 characters in the low 20's and low 30's. While i may only have one stun, 1 anti-cc and half of my skills, i enjoy lowbie wzs alot more, usually anyway, then my 8 geared EWH characters, who routinely get bubble-stunned/smashed in 2-3 gdcs depending on the groups. Yes, i have fun on my 50's, but the consistant groups of multiple unkillable cross healing/bubbling idiots, 3+ smashmonkeys, pts killing in 2-3gcds, etc is alot more frustrating at times than any roflstoping i endurein lowbies once in a while.

And before you say its a l2p issue, which is probably true, i'm probably above average on 6 of those 50's, pretty damn good on one of them, and stupidly aweful on my the merc , but thats a whole other story.