Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No fall damage in huttball; why do you have it in the other warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No fall damage in huttball; why do you have it in the other warzones?

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
02.08.2013 , 01:44 AM | #11
Talking about the start of the warzones.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.08.2013 , 02:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Perhaps, but I have to agree taking a 1200 point hit by just running out of spawn is kind of obnoxious, and pointless.
this. never understood why this happened in novare and voidstar. and now it happens in hypergates as well.

dear bioware. DESIGN YOUR WARZONE MAPS CORRECTLY
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

underjollyroger's Avatar


underjollyroger
02.08.2013 , 08:25 AM | #13
Voidstar, Novare Coast and the Boring Hypergate all have this HP debuff on respawn. What is the point of this??

ObscureKnight's Avatar


ObscureKnight
02.08.2013 , 09:19 AM | #14
I wonder why it is never really consistent. Sometimes I take more % damage on the fall than others out of the same gates.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
02.08.2013 , 09:55 AM | #15
You don't take fall damage at the start in huttball because the drop isn't far enough.

You also won't take it in Voidstar if you hit the ledge right under the spawn point, or the box if going off the right side on offense.

You also won't take it in Novarre if you hit the little elevator thing under the doors (but then most people run off at an angle).

Not sure if you can avoid it in hybergates to be honest.

I agree it's stupid you take fall damage at all though, at least from the spawn point. Dunno why they're that high.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TommyDe's Avatar


TommyDe
02.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You don't take fall damage at the start in huttball because the drop isn't far enough.

You also won't take it in Voidstar if you hit the ledge right under the spawn point, or the box if going off the right side on offense.

You also won't take it in Novarre if you hit the little elevator thing under the doors (but then most people run off at an angle).

Not sure if you can avoid it in hybergates to be honest.

I agree it's stupid you take fall damage at all though, at least from the spawn point. Dunno why they're that high.
I've been able to avoid it in hypergates. I think the trick is to not run or jump directly off the platform (think of just having a walk off the start platform) .

I've found its easier to practice this as a shadow since if your cloaked your not running full speed off of it anyways.

Polebreaker's Avatar


Polebreaker
02.08.2013 , 01:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Perhaps, but I have to agree taking a 1200 point hit by just running out of spawn is kind of obnoxious, and pointless.
Yep, this has always struck me as terribly lazy and obviously untested map design by devs who, if they did test it, apparently dont give a crap about spit and polish.

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
02.08.2013 , 01:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You don't take fall damage at the start in huttball because the drop isn't far enough.

You also won't take it in Voidstar if you hit the ledge right under the spawn point, or the box if going off the right side on offense.

You also won't take it in Novarre if you hit the little elevator thing under the doors (but then most people run off at an angle).

Not sure if you can avoid it in hybergates to be honest.

I agree it's stupid you take fall damage at all though, at least from the spawn point. Dunno why they're that high.
True, but if a marauder drops predation before you jump down you miss the elevator. Kind of a poor design.
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

Vin_of_Vinheim's Avatar


Vin_of_Vinheim
02.08.2013 , 02:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by underjollyroger View Post
Voidstar, Novare Coast and the Boring Hypergate all have this HP debuff on respawn. What is the point of this??
I like to call it Hyper-gay.

Paperbackrider's Avatar


Paperbackrider
02.10.2013 , 07:08 PM | #20
Good one.