Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No fall damage in huttball; why do you have it in the other warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No fall damage in huttball; why do you have it in the other warzones?

Cilas
02.07.2013 , 02:00 PM | #1
Title says it. I know it's been brought up before but there has been no real answer or response.

My opinion: I don't care either way, just think it should be the same for all warzones. I would lean towards having fall damage remain.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

cycao
02.07.2013 , 02:08 PM | #2
Are we talking about the vents?

shojj
02.07.2013 , 02:09 PM | #3
There is fall damage.
Hairless
Incognitous
Baldguyftw

LarryRow
02.07.2013 , 02:21 PM | #4
Unless something changed recently there is most definitely fall damage in huttball. If you fall from the top catwalk all the way into the pit you get hurt. You can also take fall damage if you are hit with certain abilities when you hit the air vent.

In my view, Huttball is a rare warzone where fall damage is appropriate. Fall damage when leaving the spawn in Novare, Hypergates and Voidstar is just stupid, however. Those warzones should have it disabled, no question.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

DarthBloodloss
02.07.2013 , 02:24 PM | #5
Dropping off an upper walkway and dieing is the worst way to go in huttball.

Its happened to me a few times on my Merc when someone leaps up to me and catches me with my pants down (no defensive CDs available). I take a smash to the face and then drop off the ledge.....splat!
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Alejo-SWTOR
02.07.2013 , 02:29 PM | #6
I think he means when you leave the starting area and such. Like in Novare Coast/Hypergates when you fall at the start you lose health. At least that's how I read it. And as for a response, beats the crap out of me. The devs in this game are starting to make me wish for old SOE devs and thats saying something...lol
.::ALEJO::.

KettleBelll
02.07.2013 , 02:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Dropping off an upper walkway and dieing is the worst way to go in huttball.

Its happened to me a few times on my Merc when someone leaps up to me and catches me with my pants down (no defensive CDs available). I take a smash to the face and then drop off the ledge.....splat!
this.

/thread

Envyyyyyyy
02.07.2013 , 02:53 PM | #8
Threads like this should be closed.
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

criminalheretic
02.07.2013 , 03:03 PM | #9
Perhaps, but I have to agree taking a 1200 point hit by just running out of spawn is kind of obnoxious, and pointless.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

MitchPB
02.07.2013 , 05:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Perhaps, but I have to agree taking a 1200 point hit by just running out of spawn is kind of obnoxious, and pointless.
^ I'm surprised its not a major issue
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <Midian>