Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Tanks

JoshuaLyons
02.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
It's a good setup, but Rocket Punch shouldn't be increased over Rail Shot, because of the updates from 1.2 or 1.3 depowered Iron Fist. Rail Shot also ignores 60% of armor so all in all it will do more damage. Also you're putting points into Frontline Offense, for a tank that's not needed put it into Advanced Tools because Flame Thrower has less of a cooldown and does great area damaged to all the targets in it, plus 10 seconds less cooldown for Grapple, which is needed a lot. Doing that makes Nueral Overload useless since you can put that point into Flame Surge which is great, if set up the right rotation you can negate 5% of damage for up to 30 seconds to a group and then jump to another area and do it immediately. Also using any PVE armor is a bad idea, just because it gives some nice stats and better armor set abilities, it doesn't have the expertise, which is everything in PVP because you get 20%+ damage reduction which is better than 2% on Defensive chance. Survivability shouldn't depend on your armor, if you have a good healer you will not have to worry about it. You seem more focused on attacks more than the mitigation, pulling and stunning, powertech/vanguard are crowd controllers.

JoshuaLyons
02.08.2013 , 04:05 PM | #12
I think people don't appreciate tanks as much as they should .

#tanklife[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the ranked PVP teams understand, because people start to realize that this guy kept the healer from dying 10x over.

Herocross
02.08.2013 , 04:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I wasn't talking about the total protection numbers, but the possibilities a Guardian has, compared the ones an Assa has ^^ And I simply think, that a push, aoe mezz, friendly charge, non-channeled FS, spammable aoe slow are better than a 2 second Spike or a simple knockback Of course, a good player can reach higher numbers with either class ...

Zoom_VI
02.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaLyons View Post
It's a good setup, but Rocket Punch shouldn't be increased over Rail Shot, because of the updates from 1.2 or 1.3 depowered Iron Fist. Rail Shot also ignores 60% of armor so all in all it will do more damage. Also you're putting points into Frontline Offense, for a tank that's not needed put it into Advanced Tools because Flame Thrower has less of a cooldown and does great area damaged to all the targets in it, plus 10 seconds less cooldown for Grapple, which is needed a lot. Doing that makes Nueral Overload useless since you can put that point into Flame Surge which is great, if set up the right rotation you can negate 5% of damage for up to 30 seconds to a group and then jump to another area and do it immediately. Also using any PVE armor is a bad idea, just because it gives some nice stats and better armor set abilities, it doesn't have the expertise, which is everything in PVP because you get 20%+ damage reduction which is better than 2% on Defensive chance. Survivability shouldn't depend on your armor, if you have a good healer you will not have to worry about it. You seem more focused on attacks more than the mitigation, pulling and stunning, powertech/vanguard are crowd controllers.
I never said i didnt use expertise i have some 1258 expertise i just use rakata shells with the armorings from EWH belts
also while yes rail shot does do more damage it isnt procable with tank tree - it does slighly less damage but you can use it more
also i didnt take the Flame thrower cd reduction as while a good AoE its more resource intensive and isnt used as much as ion pulse and gut - not to mention it seems that every other pulse cannon gets interrupted within the first or second tick.
and you only need the one explosive surge for the 5% damage output reduction and if nessary i can fit another into rotation without compromising resources too bad
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

Blasphemerr
02.08.2013 , 07:54 PM | #15
Heh. There are a couple focus guardians running around the bastion in tank stance and if they were to post their damage/protection screenshots i think people would flip out.
Something pretentious.