Possible Sniper Changes for 1.7 and new Xpac

Jadenn

Mmm I caught this info on the swtor subreddit too. this info wasn't reported by the same data-mining crew that found the Guardian+Sentinel stuff, correct?

Can the OP confirm this source of info? As others have stated these changes seem to be kinda over the top...

- stealth detection; so we're supposed to be countering our counter-class now?

- a 70% slow attached to a 4sec snare?

- a roll that acts like a leap to area + a spec'able "unstoppable/unremitting" effect?

- multiple other kiting abilities rendering us uncontrollable

If this is indeed legit info, it wont make it past the PTS testing lol.

There was s more specific link to a pastebin site that had info on multiple classes with abilities broken down by class/spec. I can't really say how accurate it was either, but it looked like some pretty heavy buffs or changes to classes all around.

The 18m roll and stealth detection look like baseline for Snipers, but that was it. The stealth detection would be nice, but it won't really make us counters to stealth classes, we'd only have a slight edge when we've been allowed to sit still forever. We'll be just as susceptible after moving from AoEs, trying to LoS, moving between nodes, etc. The rest looks like its spec specific (largely MM from the sound of it) so they may just be trying to offer more variety with specs in PvP. *If it's accurate*, I'm sure a lot of it will need a lot more testing (which is likely what they're working on in-house now), but looking at some of the things other classes are *supposed* to get, it's not that farfetched.

Reading this, and without knowing what other classes would get, these seem kind of overpowered. Especially the slow after leg shot ends.

Don't worry. The other classes get stuff that's even more OP. Knights, for example, get to reflect 100% of single-target damage back on the attacker for X seconds -- with the sole exception of white melee damage. Assassins get a teleport ability and a channeled immunity to all negative effects for X seconds. Troopers get an attack that works while CCed. Etc.

Edited by stringcat

I am Krayshawn and this was a copy of a link on the subreddit at the same time as the other info.

We do not know if this is legit, there is no verification, we will have to wait fot RoTHC to find out.

Most of these OP traits are most likely in the tops of the trees, trees are also most likely re balanced.

As previously stated all class are getting what could be considered OP buffs, so IMO they balance out each other.

Going up 30 stealth levels in detection seems crazy, I don't think it will end up being that high, but yeah, it looks great. :D

30 levels is insane, just note 15 makes you from being able to be seen from 10m to not at all. 30 would just be insanely overpowered.

Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot - Increases all Cull/Wounding Shots damage dealt by <<1>>%. In addition, damage dealt by Cull/Wounding Shots has a <<2>>% chance to trigger Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot, which finishes the cooldown of Takedown/Quickdraw and makes your next Takedown/Quickdraw usable on a target with any health level.

I read something like this and think, "Oh that's freaking awesome!!". Then I start thinking how someone has probably trolled us fairly well. I Cull someone and can then follow up with a Takedown?!? Just seems too good to be true.....

Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot - Increases all Cull/Wounding Shots damage dealt by <<1>>%. In addition, damage dealt by Cull/Wounding Shots has a <<2>>% chance to trigger Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot, which finishes the cooldown of Takedown/Quickdraw and makes your next Takedown/Quickdraw usable on a target with any health level.

I read something like this and think, "Oh that's freaking awesome!!". Then I start thinking how someone has probably trolled us fairly well. I Cull someone and can then follow up with a Takedown?!? Just seems too good to be true.....

It's hard to say. It could be a hoax but some serious sites picked posted the data as legit. Also this will likely all hit the test server and everything isn't guaranteed until release anyway. Even then Bioware will likely nerf some things on low pop classes soon after and leave other OP stuff on force users for a year like they did with smash and bubble stun.

I think the change that allows Takedown on proc at any HP% is an ingenious way of trying to push more classes into keeping the 4piece PvE set bonus instead of how many are currently using 2/2, which is slightly "unfair" now that it's not as available to everyone. Whether this was the intention or not, we'll probably never know.

I'm sure it'd require some tweaking here and there, as would all changes, but I'm liking it (this all assuming it's legit).

I think the change that allows Takedown on proc at any HP% is an ingenious way of trying to push more classes into keeping the 4piece PvE set bonus instead of how many are currently using 2/2, which is slightly "unfair" now that it's not as available to everyone. Whether this was the intention or not, we'll probably never know.

I'm sure it'd require some tweaking here and there, as would all changes, but I'm liking it (this all assuming it's legit).

Right! I would love a proc ability as Lethality.

Synavix we would just have 2 sets of DPS gear then :p 2/2 for aoe ish fights and 4/4 for single target :D.

30 levels is insane, just note 15 makes you from being able to be seen from 10m to not at all. 30 would just be insanely overpowered.

We deserve it, after all the BS we have endured from asassins thus far, there needs to be class which will pull these freanks out of the stealth. Currently snipers have 0% of winning against deception sins with recklessness available.

And since our main dominance over melee will cease soon with their ability to reflect our abushes back at us, we deserve to kick sins in the balls.

Edited by NoTomorrow

If those SW/JK changes are true then I've lost all hope for balance in PvP.

Hey guiz SW/JK are OP, but lets make them even more OP with a deflect. Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

8k smash in yo face plus I just deflected ur ambush and 1 shot you, hahahahaha.

Anyways, I agree with Notomorrow. We really need the ability. It needs to be even stronger just because I hate assassins with a passion.

Edited by wombinator

Well, that ability would render stealth completely useless in 30m vicinity of any sniper.

This means snipers are put to node guarding in each and every match, because every other choice for the defender would be so incredibly retarded that the english language has no words to express it. AoE mezz, root, slow, stun, knockback with attached root, and sees even stealthers from 30m away. CC immunity, can't be leapt to or pulled, as defender perhaps with plasma probe. Oh, and we get a gap closer/getaway tool that immediately puts us into cover.

The forward roll/take cover ability alone would probably immensely increase the survival rate against stealthers. Coupled with the other changes... well, can't do anything but wait and see.

Well, that ability would render stealth completely useless in 30m vicinity of any sniper.

This means snipers are put to node guarding in each and every match, because every other choice for the defender would be so incredibly retarded that the english language has no words to express it. AoE mezz, root, slow, stun, knockback with attached root, and sees even stealthers from 30m away. CC immunity, can't be leapt to or pulled, as defender perhaps with plasma probe. Oh, and we get a gap closer/getaway tool that immediately puts us into cover.

The forward roll/take cover ability alone would probably immensely increase the survival rate against stealthers. Coupled with the other changes... well, can't do anything but wait and see.

What is the math behind all this? about busting stealth? How does it work?

Lets assume 50 pvp. If you are a PT Pyro and have +2 stealth detection, while stealther doesnt use +10 sneak and has no extra stealth levels, when will you see the stealther? at what distance?

How does the stealth detection level correlate to the min distance the stealther can be detected?

What is the math behind all this? about busting stealth? How does it work?

Lets assume 50 pvp. If you are a PT Pyro and have +2 stealth detection, while stealther doesnt use +10 sneak and has no extra stealth levels, when will you see the stealther? at what distance?

How does the stealth detection level correlate to the min distance the stealther can be detected?

We made the assumption that if super stealth (like +10/15 stealth levels) can make someone standing on top of you invisible that having 30 stealth levels will render most stealthies visible