Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

tekhiun
02.09.2013 , 02:16 PM | #31
Any priority list doesn't work at all time. Priority is determined by situation. However what is really important is to focus dps, instead of going around and try to solo kill everyone. If you see a team mating killing someone , go help him if you can.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Haargh
02.10.2013 , 03:39 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
sounds like a healer thats tired of being chased all the time...
Isnt that fun?
The Aldous Legacy

Rhienne/Rhíenne - Sage Healer - Inconsistency
Tergorn - Scoundrel Healer - Forsaken Gamers

Smashbrother
02.10.2013 , 03:43 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Any priority list doesn't work at all time. Priority is determined by situation. However what is really important is to focus dps, instead of going around and try to solo kill everyone. If you see a team mating killing someone , go help him if you can.
Priority lists are situational...

seefouruno
02.10.2013 , 09:45 AM | #34
Wow that escalated quickly! All I was trying to say is that while there are times that some classes are a higher priority to kill than others, and that zerging the healers doesn't always work because if you attack the healer, the dps are free to attack you!

seefouruno
02.10.2013 , 09:49 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
If see you see a dps being attacked by a teammate, ask yourself :
1) is it a sent/mara/sin/shadow?
if so, think: DO they have their CDs up?
if so, wait until they expire, and try to cc them if possible.
If not, then continue attacking.
2) Are they guarded?
if so, then try to get them far away from the person who is guarding them?
if not, continue.
3) Are they being healed? If so, then either cc the healer or attack the healer.

xxIncubixx
02.10.2013 , 09:53 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by seefouruno View Post
Many people obsess over the notion that healers must be stopped AT ALL COSTS RAMBO OMG!!!!!!!!
Well, that isn't always the case. If you,say, CC the healer after you DPS them to about 50%, why not kill their teammate that now isn't able to be healed and probably will not get heals as self-preservation instincts apply in video games as well! Chances are, the healer will heal themselves while their teammate dies. As a gunslinger, my priorities are:
1) Other Snipers/Gunslingers, sages, and operatives (healing versions)
2) Commando Healers, Maras, sents, assasins,PT
3)Bad DPS specs

4)DPS commando
CC priorities (above were kill priorities)
1) Healers, assassins, mara/sents
2) All other classes unless i am in immediate danger!
TL;DR: Use common sense to determine who should be the kill target, don't tunnel vision into a healer/other class
P.S Operatives will always stunlock you until you until you unsub, so make sure to use the endless cc chain ability that people on these forums always complain about
-seefouruno
i like the fact commando healer is second priority just proves how garbage the class is

seefouruno
02.10.2013 , 09:55 AM | #37
Well if they had more instant heals and ways to escape the melee stampede they would do better, but the way they have so many casted heals makes them very vulnerable to interrupts. And they don't have the greatest defensive cds either.

Darth-Rammstein
02.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #38
I already have enough people in my groups ignoring healers and going for the dps, don't make more do it. I love it when people blow their damage on a dps and then wonder why he's not dying, hmm maybe it's the guy free casting heals behind him!
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

madtycoon
02.11.2013 , 02:43 AM | #39
on my sniper I usually only go healers if they are in the open and don't have guard

even then that's only really sages or commandos that don't have reactive shield up, depending on who my teammates are attacking

its really easy to cc/interrupt a healer and kill a dps who doesn't have defensives up

interrupt heal, mez next, interrupt again off that... trauma on your target in between (which isn't even necessary with how fast things die)
you don't even have to overextend to CC them as a range class

2 people playing this way and there's no way a healer gets a cast off without juking or a commando's shield

Smashbrother
02.11.2013 , 03:03 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
on my sniper I usually only go healers if they are in the open and don't have guard

even then that's only really sages or commandos that don't have reactive shield up, depending on who my teammates are attacking

its really easy to cc/interrupt a healer and kill a dps who doesn't have defensives up

interrupt heal, mez next, interrupt again off that... trauma on your target in between (which isn't even necessary with how fast things die)
you don't even have to overextend to CC them as a range class

2 people playing this way and there's no way a healer gets a cast off without juking or a commando's shield
This works if people are on mumble and can communicate, but doesn't work in pugs. CC gets broken 90% of the time really early. Interrupts only really hamper command healers and those are rare.