Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers NOT Always priority target and why!

SpoeMeister
02.07.2013 , 02:47 AM | #11
I was Pugging last night with my operative healer. While healing my team, I saw a sage healer standing uncontested. So I ran up to him, interrupted his heal, target teammate in need of heal, debilitate the sage, target teammate in need of heal when the sage used his breaker for debilitate, I flashbanged.

For 10 straight seconds (half a debilitate and full 8 seconds of flashbang), the other team didn't get heals, we creamed them and healer was last to go.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

venomlash
02.07.2013 , 03:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Also, a dps commando (especially gunnery) should be waaay higher on your priority list of dps targets to kill. They're easy as hell to kill and will drop quick, but they do really good dps when left alone (just as good as sniper's dps, but sniper is harder to kill).
Word this. My main is a gunnery commando, and I can lay down some GNARLY damage if I'm ignored for a little while. If I see an Arsenal mercenary, I put him fairly high on my priority list, because if I can get the jump on him he's toast, and if I don't do something he'll shred my teammates.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

ShatteredVision
02.07.2013 , 05:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Anyone that thinks there is a set priority list is only gimping themselves and their team.
/thread
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

kamikrazy
02.07.2013 , 08:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Anyone that thinks there is a set priority list is only gimping themselves and their team.
I don't think that's the spirit of this thread. The point is that there should be a heuristic hierarchy based on shutting down the other team's good players and disrupting their synergy. This is done by making their healer panic and neglect their team while also keeping him/her CC'ed. However, it's so difficult to get pugs to focus fire since they are like those dogs with the cones around their heads. And as someone else already mentioned, good luck trying to keep them from breaking your mezzes.

LarryRow
02.07.2013 , 08:40 AM | #15
I would settle for people prioritizing the person with the lowest health. Even if a healer is nearby, getting 3 ppl to attack one target is a pretty sure way to kill it.

But in pugs, it seems everyone would prefer a fresh, untarnished punching bag to try their PvE rotation on.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

islander
02.07.2013 , 08:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
Sometimes it's actually more important to put down DPS targets who are killing your healer first.
This. if I know/see someone attacking my healer, I'll go after them first. Keeping your own healer alive is just as useful as killing theirs.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Joesixxpack
02.07.2013 , 08:57 AM | #17
Can't even begin to count the number of WZs where I'd be healing well, so I'd end up marked and focused the rest of the match. Now more of my teammates are freecasting and EZ-capping. The better we'd do, the more they'd focus on me.

I doubt any of those dummies will read this, but I'd like to thank them for making our wins easier.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Arutar
02.07.2013 , 09:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by seefouruno View Post
If you,say, CC the healer after you DPS them to about 50%, why not kill their teammate that now isn't able to be healed and probably will not get heals as self-preservation instincts apply in video games as well!
1. If you are talking about CC which does break on damage - good luck with that in a PUG.
2. If you are talking about damage friendly CC (e.g.stuns) - why not kill the healer instead of switching targets - after all, you already have him on 50% and just CCed him?

I agree, though, that common sense should dictate the target in each situation and no preset list of priority targets. Therefore, I do not understand why you have included a list yourself.

seefouruno
02.07.2013 , 09:04 PM | #19
Meh, it was more a list of priorities, not of a set order. I would still, for example, kill a commando if they were out of range of healers, i guess that was a little misleading.
Also, I forgot what it was like playing in a PuG

seefouruno
02.08.2013 , 06:52 PM | #20
Also, a dps commando (especially gunnery) should be waaay higher on your priority list of dps targets to kill. They're easy as hell to kill and will drop quick, but they do really good dps when left alone (just as good as sniper's dps, but sniper is harder to kill).

Really? as good as a sniper's dps? How do you match their dps output with 1/2 the tools and 1/2 the damage?