Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Because I need more random ideas... this one is for sorcs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Because I need more random ideas... this one is for sorcs.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 03:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalVertigo View Post
Maybe but you wouldn't be viable for your dps? It would be the healing? Instead of adding more downtime to doing damage I'd rather do something passively. Maybe rework Devour so that it increases healing by current amount but applies that healing to your entire group and heals you for an extra 50%. As a DPS though I'd rather my team take me because of my DPS and not because of my healing. Another thought maybe make Death Mark a force resistance debuff that applies to all force damage and not just your DoTs? Dunno, I haven't thought about the problem of being wanted by a group as much as playing War Zones in PuGs.
I think it would honestly make it viable for both... more of a support class than it already is. It's capable of big numbers but lacks burst... but what if that burst was made up but high numbers all around.

The way I see it playing out... (Not saying it's a good or bad idea... just an idea)

Wrath is proc'd but you just used your crushing darkness and it's on CD. Throw a friendly a heal and get another wrath proc'd by the time crushing darkness is off CD. Yeah... sorcs would be capable of some sick DPS, which they already are but something like that could bump those off heal numbers from 100-250K (depending on the fight) to 300k+... add that on top of potential top DPS and I'd like to think that would outweigh the burst they lack and make a madness spec'd sorc viable for rated DPS.

Hamatula
02.06.2013 , 04:01 PM | #22
it would be kinda op because you could cycle it on crushing darkness cd.

When bstun gets fixed, sorc/sage is probably gonna need something for survivability.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 04:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hamatula View Post
it would be kinda op because you could cycle it on crushing darkness cd.

When bstun gets fixed, sorc/sage is probably gonna need something for survivability.
I don't really see it as a survivability problem even though it could help... like I said though... I see it as a way to put up some nice healing numbers on top of some already nice DPS numbers to compensate for the burst that madness lacks.

V-Serp
02.06.2013 , 04:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by robegan View Post
Apparently you care, or you wouldn't be trolling this guy. Or is there something more to it?

I don't actually know UGLYMRJ, but I do find many of his posts (including this one) interesting. But equally as interesting is the fact that there always seem to be one or two people in these threads attacking him over seemingly innocuous posts. He's just sharing some ideas with the player base regarding sorcs. Is it really worth your while to attack that? And if you disagree so much, why don't you roll a char on his server and show him what's what in pvp (or maybe you tried that, it didn't work out so well, hence the forum angst)?
Not really, or I'd bump the posts, but that requires more effort than I care to use.

People attack him because that's all he did for months and months. He trolled to the high heavens back in May, I left the game soon after and didn't even look at it again until FTP. I wound up re-subbing only for PVE, but anybody that was around back then would remember him and since he was so annoying and is now being completely inconsistent (I guess he does that every 5 minutes though) some people will call him for it.

Remember if it's one or two people sure, you're justified in thinking it's them. When it's 4+ people as he's stated and the number keeps growing, it's him.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 04:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Not really, or I'd bump the posts, but that requires more effort than I care to use.

People attack him because that's all he did for months and months. He trolled to the high heavens back in May, I left the game soon after and didn't even look at it again until FTP. I wound up re-subbing only for PVE, but anybody that was around back then would remember him and since he was so annoying and is now being completely inconsistent (I guess he does that every 5 minutes though) some people will call him for it.

Remember if it's one or two people sure, you're justified in thinking it's them. When it's 4+ people as he's stated and the number keeps growing, it's him.
The funny thing is I'm probably one of the more open minded people on these forums and also one of the few to admit that I'm wrong...

Which makes these kinda attacks even funnier... but troll on friend. It's def good for a chuckle.

MidichIorian
02.06.2013 , 04:14 PM | #26
I think force is a bigger issue than health on the pure madness build and since consumption isnt proportional and hardly an option I would want that the procs could be used to restore 1/3 force. Wouldnt hurt if the proc chance was increased a tad too or if it could proc from Crushing darkness ticks, for madness.

Monterone
02.06.2013 , 04:45 PM | #27
Uglymrj, this would be AWESOME, but it would make my hybrid soooo OP.

I'd basically have an instant huge heal, about every 3 seconds... at half force cost because of Lightning Effusion. I think if played in healer mode this could potentially put up bigger numbers than a pure healer. Instant bubbles and big heals!

Personally, I'd like something like Damage Reduction added to Unnatural Preservation in the Madness tree. I wrote it in another thread... when you pop UP you get 25% DR for 6 seconds, Recklessness resets the cd on UP making it chainable to 12 seconds every minute and a half.

Or, the Cloud Mind, or whatever it's called, the PvE detaunt... give it a PvP function as well. 90% Accuracy de-buff for 3 seconds on all targets in a 5m radius. Would give breathing room when being ganked by multiple melee.

Edit: Also, the Crushing Darkness PvP set bonus would be more helpful if it tackled force regen instead. As Midi said -- make each tick of CD regen 1% force instead of 0.5% health.

Edit2: When bubble stun is nerfed... make it sorc only but change it back to a mezz, albeit a longer one. AND add a short knockback to it. So stun bubble is now a 5 sec AoE mezz for 500 resolve and has a 5m knockback when it pops. That would nicely offset the loss of group utility.
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>
Harbinger

Xerain
02.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
So I make a thread on a random idea at which point you decide is a good time to attack me with false statements... I correct you and am a noob for doing so. Because correcting the words you put into my mouth clearly shows I'm a bad player...

Gotchya....
well according to you, you get beat up by sorcs on your marauder and beat up by marauders on your sorc. So I think he's right about you being the latter in his statement.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 05:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
well according to you, you get beat up by sorcs on your marauder and beat up by marauders on your sorc. So I think he's right about you being the latter in his statement.
LOL sarcasm?

I've never said either... quite the opposite. But that has nothing to do with class balance... that has to do with the skill gap. These are just ideas... that I'd be fine with or without.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
Uglymrj, this would be AWESOME, but it would make my hybrid soooo OP.
Yeah... cycao hinted at that as well... didn't consider it when I threw it together.