Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Because I need more random ideas... this one is for sorcs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Because I need more random ideas... this one is for sorcs.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 12:14 PM | #1
So yeah... they got their instant self heal... and I love it. Of course it basically heals me for one decent hit, and as most level 50 sorcs know we get targeted... a lot. We're squishy and people love the shiny numbers that pop up above our heads.

Anyways, so besides lacking some competitive burst I feel like sorcs really aren't that bad.... BUT... just a little survivability couldn't hurt. And this idea would basically be sacrificing DPS for Heals and applies to madness tree only.

Idea: Lightning spam procs wrath which makes crushing darkness instant right?

What if you could use that wrath proc to cast an instant crushing darkness ORRRRRRR use it to cast an instant dark infusion instead?

Because it can proc more than crushing darkness is up as well it could really help a DPS sorcs support heals and make them slightly more viable I think.

cycao
02.06.2013 , 12:18 PM | #2
Then I want something for my madness assassin.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 12:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Then I want something for my madness assassin.
A point you have sir...

V-Serp
02.06.2013 , 12:22 PM | #4
Someone should bump all of OP's threads claiming Sorc/Sage were top PVP classes that should never lose when he was running a Mara.

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 12:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Someone should bump all of OP's threads claiming Sorc/Sage were top PVP classes that should never lose when he was running a Mara.
1. Never said top PvP class....I said they're capable and I said I do very well with them. And I do.

2. Never said "never".... but I rarely lose to warriors in 1v1 fights except for a GOOD carnage marauder or a GOOD vengeance jug... and we all know there aren't any vengeance jugs. Those are make believe... like unicorns and leprechauns.

Cute misinterpretation of anything I've ever said tho... 3/5 for effort.

lordkhouri
02.06.2013 , 12:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
So yeah... they got their instant self heal... and I love it. Of course it basically heals me for one decent hit, and as most level 50 sorcs know we get targeted... a lot. We're squishy and people love the shiny numbers that pop up above our heads.

Anyways, so besides lacking some competitive burst I feel like sorcs really aren't that bad.... BUT... just a little survivability couldn't hurt. And this idea would basically be sacrificing DPS for Heals and applies to madness tree only.

Idea: Lightning spam procs wrath which makes crushing darkness instant right?

What if you could use that wrath proc to cast an instant crushing darkness ORRRRRRR use it to cast an instant dark infusion instead?

Because it can proc more than crushing darkness is up as well it could really help a DPS sorcs support heals and make them slightly more viable I think.
I'm curious if you spec into the extra 2% damage reduction in the Madness tree...hmm? I'm sure you could sacrifice some Affliction damage for survivabiliy! Also, I'm curious if you use the sorc dps set bonus or the stalker set bonus.

Not trying to single you out if you do, because honestly, everyone wants to min/max for damage and still retain survivability, and from what i can tell, no one really takes that 2% DR because they want to max out their damage, and some people use the stalker set over the sorc dps set.

If you do use the sorc dps set, maybe consider stacking a bit more endurance since heals from the spec and gear are % based.

I don't think making dark infusion instant would be balanced much at all, and I do believe that whatever extra survivability a sorc dps needs is available to them, and whatever isn't can be made up for with better gameplay.

PS: I've seen one dps sorc stack fortitude augments, and he was sitting at around 21-22k health. Not min-maxed, but a bit tougher. Personally, i still min max damage with the stalker set, i just have to make sure i'm constantly on my A-game so i don't get melted too easily. If I got a buff, i would never get out dps'd, even by PT's and warriors.

V-Serp
02.06.2013 , 12:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
1. Never said top PvP class....I said they're capable and I said I do very well with them. And I do.

2. Never said "never".... but I rarely lose to warriors in 1v1 fights except for a GOOD carnage marauder or a GOOD vengeance jug... and we all know there aren't any vengeance jugs. Those are make believe... like unicorns and leprechauns.

Cute misinterpretation of anything I've ever said tho... 3/5 for effort.
Look at you make more excuses and back pedal. Not that I care much, forum wars aren't my life like they are yours.

When speaking about class balance, the assumption is we are speaking of equally, good skilled players actually utilizing the classes to their potential. Of course a good Sorc will beat a keyboard turning Marauder most of the time, a good player in anything should beat a bad player in this game if they are sub-intelligent.

The fact that you struggle so badly with simple concepts indicates you're likely of the latter group.

ClockworkSoldier
02.06.2013 , 01:27 PM | #8
Raze is already better than wrath. Infact in 1.2 wrath was nerfed and nothing added in it's place. Raze can be used (with proc) every 7.5 seconds where a sorc has to wait for the full CD before adding it to its already weak vs most classes DPS.

Here's an idea to resolve it.. Why not lower to the global CD of crushing darkness. This would alow more constant DPS from the madness spec sorc while not changing the already great DPS of the Madness spec Sin.

WaldoA
02.06.2013 , 01:56 PM | #9
Well I came across a thread earlier that had datamined information about the changes to Sorc going to be made. Whether it's true or not I do not know but it had stuff like;
When bubble is up you can't be interupted
When bubble ends it finishes cooldown on force speed
When bubble is up you get healed small amounts (think it said like 0.5% of total every second)
The force regeneration debuff 3 seconds shorter
Possibly a teleport of some kind.

As I said I just happened to come across it and it's not certain. Whether it's those exact updates or not I do hope they get a buff because they really need it.
And I'd just like to point out that I had nothing to do with any of the datamining or anything along those lines (wouldn't know where to start).

UGLYMRJ
02.06.2013 , 02:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Look at you make more excuses and back pedal. Not that I care much, forum wars aren't my life like they are yours.

When speaking about class balance, the assumption is we are speaking of equally, good skilled players actually utilizing the classes to their potential. Of course a good Sorc will beat a keyboard turning Marauder most of the time, a good player in anything should beat a bad player in this game if they are sub-intelligent.

The fact that you struggle so badly with simple concepts indicates you're likely of the latter group.
So I make a thread on a random idea at which point you decide is a good time to attack me with false statements... I correct you and am a noob for doing so. Because correcting the words you put into my mouth clearly shows I'm a bad player...

Gotchya....