Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To many hackers !!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To many hackers !!!

Dbogable
02.06.2013 , 07:51 AM | #1
Can't help noticing more and more players using hacks in war-zones. I know it sounds like i'm a sore looser or a nub but i see this often in my own team. The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min) . Can't the support staff introduce a better anti-hack code ?

cycao
02.06.2013 , 07:55 AM | #2
While I have seen suspect actions in warzones and other players videos, I am still yet to see something that is a definitive hack first hand.

jibboo
02.06.2013 , 08:01 AM | #3
*Too

And I've never seen or even heard of this one until now:

Quote: Originally Posted by Dbogable View Post
The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min)
However, I have seen a bug where someone would grab the ball, throw to a guy on the catwalk above and it would count as a goal. This is not a hack though.

Unfortunately, it's really easy to think what you're seeing is a hack, when the fact is that it's just a bug and Hero engine sucking.
Zimbra - Assassin

Buzna
02.06.2013 , 08:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dbogable View Post
Can't help noticing more and more players using hacks in war-zones. I know it sounds like i'm a sore looser or a nub but i see this often in my own team. The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min) . Can't the support staff introduce a better anti-hack code ?
Never seen that kind of stuff on my server. And I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. There may be hacks no doubt but certanly not as much a you would like to convince us.
Spire lvl 50 Merc - Arsenal (PvP)
Proud member of Legion de Muerte guild, Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
~=EA is to blame for what has become of this great game=~

Lionflash
02.06.2013 , 08:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
*Too

I think he was addressing the hackers, like a letter. 'To many Hackers'

And I've never seen or even heard of this one until now:

However, I have seen a bug where someone would grab the ball, throw to a guy on the catwalk above and it would count as a goal. This is not a hack though.

Unfortunately, it's really easy to think what you're seeing is a hack, when the fact is that it's just a bug and Hero engine sucking.
I've seen the speed hack. Scoring 5 goals in 1 minute would require 2 speed hackers I think. Each waiting at the ball respawn while the other scores.

It's definetely something that exists, however, it isn't an epidemic on my server (Jung Ma), but i'd still like this to be dealt with.

Any player who sees something like this I urge you to report. I was once in a Huttball match and someone was clearly speed hacking (on our team) and I asked if anyone had Fraps or anything like to record their screen and enough people do have those kinda programs.

LarryRow
02.06.2013 , 08:23 AM | #6
I think more and more people are using the speed hack but turning it down so they can claim it was predation or whatever. I am pretty sure I saw a stealth cap the other day, and I've noticed lag happening at very convenient times lately. As in, no lag for the whole match, then massive lag when the opponent is trying to cap.

As Cycao said, nothing that is 100% definitively a hack, but a major uptick in suspicious occurrences.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

TUXs
02.06.2013 , 10:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I think more and more people are using the speed hack but turning it down so they can claim it was predation or whatever. I am pretty sure I saw a stealth cap the other day, and I've noticed lag happening at very convenient times lately. As in, no lag for the whole match, then massive lag when the opponent is trying to cap.

As Cycao said, nothing that is 100% definitively a hack, but a major uptick in suspicious occurrences.
This!

I don't know what's out there for hacks, but months ago I was witness to someone testing a speed hack, they were trying to demonstrate what we should be looking for. The character 'stutters' for a second, and at first, it seems like it might just be visual, but having seen it in action, it's a very noticeable hitch, about a 1-1/2 GCD between hitches, as the server re-renders the player where he is, not where he should be. Predation doesn't do it, force speed doesn't do it and no other speed boost that I saw tested had this effect - the server seems to account for those fairly well and does a pretty good job synching. It's most obvious when a player is running in an open area and they tick back, ever so slightly, at a constant rate...sadly, I've been seeing this 'tick' more and more. It very well could be the game itself, but I'm very suspect when I see it in PvP.

The lag issue though - whole nother topic. When the lag is directly centered around ONE player and when that one player dies, things return to normal, it's gotta be more than coincidence.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Reaperdav
02.06.2013 , 10:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I've seen a major uptick in lag spikes recently. I game with my brother sitting next to me. We have identical computers and are using the same internet connection, I suddenly have bad lag and he does not. Magically the node I was guarding is turned.

I am 100% certain there are hacks being used. I PUG'ed a Huttball game that our side was scoring goals just as soon as we could get the ball. I thought "Oh I dropped in with a premade that knows how to play Huttball". Then one of my team mates said in general that he is not associated with player X and that Player X is running a seed hack. After the match, Player X talked about running the speed hack to his friends in General chat.

Kegparty
02.06.2013 , 10:41 AM | #9
must be using some sort of net limiter lame

Sleprock
02.06.2013 , 11:03 AM | #10
Learn to spell a simple 3 letter word.