Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are others getting such insane damage numbers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How are others getting such insane damage numbers?

fallen_phoenix
02.07.2013 , 05:02 AM | #21
Thank you all very much for your advice in this thread. My main problems appear to be that I was "face tanking" as you so eloquently put it as I'm used to playing melee characters. I have a tendency to want to get up close and personal in every fight, and even though I *knew* not to, I still had to really, really re-focus on that.

The other main thing was switching to madness. Holy god. That spec rocks. Now that I understand wrath procs and how force lightning procs off of it, I'm doing so much better.

When I posted this I was barely pushing ~44-50k damage in warzones.

My first WZ after this advice: 123k. That's roughly a 3x improvement.

Thanks guys!

SpoeMeister
02.07.2013 , 05:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by fallen_phoenix View Post
Thank you all very much for your advice in this thread. My main problems appear to be that I was "face tanking" as you so eloquently put it as I'm used to playing melee characters. I have a tendency to want to get up close and personal in every fight, and even though I *knew* not to, I still had to really, really re-focus on that.

The other main thing was switching to madness. Holy god. That spec rocks. Now that I understand wrath procs and how force lightning procs off of it, I'm doing so much better.

When I posted this I was barely pushing ~44-50k damage in warzones.

My first WZ after this advice: 123k. That's roughly a 3x improvement.

Thanks guys!
Keep practicing and you'll soon reach those magical big numbers. @40 you'll get that third dot, which should help a lot.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo