Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

BradTheImpaler
02.16.2013 , 01:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AHierophant View Post
There are a mountain of characters in Star Wars that don't use the Force, and they are ignored or made to appear pitifully incompetent.
Yeah, those pesky clones in the 501st looked so incompetent. I mean just look at how undisciplined they are marching on the Jedi Temple. Oh wait...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the idea of paying due attention to non-Force users. I mostly play as an Imperial Agent, in fact. But Jedi & Sith are integral to Star Wars.

Sure people know Han Solo, but Darth Vader & Princess Leia, and of course Yoda, are at least as well known.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

JDCHobson
02.16.2013 , 08:22 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by SmugglersLuck View Post
I'm thinking an Avengers-style story where heroes from the Republic and the Empire come together to face an epic threat, like a Sith with an immense power who's gone rogue. Have engrossing characters, a tight plot and lots of explosions. Instant money maker.
You mean like the invasion of the yuuzhan vong!
Lugenn LVL 50 Merc

AHierophant
02.16.2013 , 01:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Yeah, those pesky clones in the 501st looked so incompetent. I mean just look at how undisciplined they are marching on the Jedi Temple. Oh wait...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the idea of paying due attention to non-Force users. I mostly play as an Imperial Agent, in fact. But Jedi & Sith are integral to Star Wars.

Sure people know Han Solo, but Darth Vader & Princess Leia, and of course Yoda, are at least as well known.
Integral insofar as theirs are the only stories told so far. You are reinforcing my point here. This game is the first one that showed non-Force users being competent., as in, dangerously competent. Jace Malcom takes on Malgus. Malgus is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, so we don't expect Malcom to kill him single-handedly, but we should expect a highly decorated Spacial Forces commander to be tough and resourceful, which is what was portrayed.

A movie showing one of the many non-Force users and their accomplishments would be great, not only to diversify the galaxy but to give people a perspective other than the Force. Even Darth Maul admitted it is foolish to underestimate people with no access to the Force.
Looking to rer-roll from your graveyard to a healthy PvE-East Server?

Try Juyo!