Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1v1 ladder...

leijae
02.07.2013 , 11:33 AM | #21
Update*

today I implemented a 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 system... it was actually pretty easy, the most difficult part will be styling the layout interface (which if you know about web development, it's actually quite simple). I also implemented an individual rating system in conjunction with a team system.

So, that means a single player will have an overall score, and a score for each ladder they participate in.

I'll be doing open testing beginning Feb 20 (I'm pretty sure I'll make the date) please send me a private message if you're interested in trying this out.
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

leijae
02.11.2013 , 01:40 PM | #22
*UPDATE*

So this morning I spent some time working player profiles. You'll be able to search for a registered user by their in-game toon as long as they are registered at the site (free). a couple of screen shots. one is a bounty hunter logged in, the other a sage. the images are not final, neither is the layout. i just did a quick google search for the appropriate images.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2uqdgmx.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/bddl1.png
........<Public Enemies>

Seengularity
02.11.2013 , 03:36 PM | #23
Seems to me you found a W3 certificate in your burrito and now you're eager to use your wd skills... lolz just teasing. Either way, it's cool but as others suggested, drop the 1vs1 or at the least don't try to push that as the main event!

Quote:
the most difficult part will be styling the layout interface (which if you know about web development, it's actually quite simple).
Difficult but simple, got it. Wait.... whut?

leijae
02.11.2013 , 03:57 PM | #24
yea i've dropped the whole "mainly 1v1's thing" and its now about skirmishes and battles 1v1s 2v2s 3v3s and 4v4s. im even working on a guild ladder so you can see who the top guild is on the server.... we'll see about that.
........<Public Enemies>

RyanReagan
02.11.2013 , 05:13 PM | #25
Have had a few 1v1 tournaments on shadowlands. Pretty impressed by the organization of this latest one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593190

Obviously, those who can drop out of combat have a big advantage. So there's an extra bonus for the non-stealther that makes it the farthest.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Carter_Mathis
02.11.2013 , 05:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Have had a few 1v1 tournaments on shadowlands. Pretty impressed by the organization of this latest one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593190

Obviously, those who can drop out of combat have a big advantage. So there's an extra bonus for the non-stealther that makes it the farthest.
When you drop out of combat, the other person can out of combat heal as well. If the person you're fighting isn't an idiot, there is no big benefit to stealthing for a long period of time
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Pahomi
02.11.2013 , 07:26 PM | #27
1v1 is a bad idea and it will not be happening. Players of the same skill level will always win or lose depending on what class they play. This game is not balanced for 1v1, it was never intended to be. It's balanced for team play.

Now, 1v1 tournaments can be fun sometimes and you can still beat a shadow if you are considerably more skilled of course, but the point is to make something official in-game for it would simply not be fair, as some classes have obvious advantages over others.

Pahomi
02.11.2013 , 07:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
When you drop out of combat, the other person can out of combat heal as well. If the person you're fighting isn't an idiot, there is no big benefit to stealthing for a long period of time
No, a good player will stealth out of combat when you already used your CC breaker. He will then mezz you, and proceed to heal up to full health right in your face.

Alternatively, if you don't use a CC breaker at all to avoid this situation, you will take a ton of damage during their hard stuns.