Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PUGs UNITE!!!


VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
02.05.2013 , 07:18 PM | #31
I've played on both sides of the coin. I've been in pre-mades (never ranked tho) and I've been in normal PUG's. No matter what your argument, if a group of no less than 4 queues for a WZ, they should be put with another group of no less than 4 for a WZ. And in the end, it should be 2 groups of 4 vs to groups of 4 on the other side.

Why make people who queue for a pre-made suffer with players who queue solo and in the end may only contribute a small percentage to a win and an even larger percentage to a loss? Same can be said for people who queue solo except why have a pre-made group of 4 who may be organized have to carry a group of solo players who may not care so much about being organized? It doesn't make sense. Biggest issue I see in WZ's is that people do not work together. What makes you think they are going to work with a pre-made to contribute to the win except being in the right spot at the right time?

I'm all for separate queues in WZs, however I see that the problem would be that it would take longer to actually get into a WZ. In that regard, they need to make cross server PvP matches in this game which as we've seen they seem not to want to deliver.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Khalhazar's Avatar


Khalhazar
02.05.2013 , 07:29 PM | #32
When do you want people to get booted into the "preform ghetto"? Two people grouped together? Three? Four?

Should my wife and I get sent against fully optimized preforms just because we group together? What if our sniper friend joins us, making it jugg/sniper/sniper?
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

jediharrsion's Avatar


jediharrsion
02.05.2013 , 07:30 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
You are just silly. Can you not read...

I do not want to play IN a premade. I said so above.

I enjoy playing with and against different people all the time.
There were a whole lot of people like me.
Now there are fewer and soon will be none unless EA does something to keep us interested.
So you don't want to play in a permade. I must say sir there is a real mistake on your part. i useto play in PUG groups all the time and night after night i would love 95% of my warzone matches....But i recently joined a good PvP Guild And have been on a few permade teams AND I LOVED IT We were unbeatable....So take the advice everyone is trying to give you and start a team of your own.

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
02.05.2013 , 07:48 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.
I think we should just answer every anit premade thread by quoting this response again and again. Just make every post include this quote.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.05.2013 , 08:38 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
Then do not CRY because you probably have a premade in every group you are in. Either deal with it or quit. WE DONT CARE!@!!!!!!!!1
Just out of curiosity; if you don't care if all PUGs quit, and therefore would be gone from the queue, what do you care if they get a solo-queue? Same thing funtionally, One way keeps people paying to help develop the game.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Lightrider's Avatar


Lightrider
02.05.2013 , 08:45 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I think we should just answer every anit premade thread by quoting this response again and again. Just make every post include this quote.
lol, that doesn't sound very helpful .. Something more productive might be to determine what the root of the problem is (ie: why are people asking for premades to queue separately), then propose ideas for solutions to that problem. For example:

Problem: People say they don't want to queue against premades when they're in PUGs

Root Cause: People don't like one-sided warzones. It's boring for good players, and frustrating for baddies.

Solution / Idea: Devs should add cross-server queuing. Devs should then add logic to the queue system to check warzone/pvp experience at the account level and factor that with the group their in (and whether they're in one) - try to queue them with and against others at a similar level, on a timer. This could be done like a scoring system where each player gets 'X' points (invisible back-end code) for each factor in determining how good a player/premade is - the system should add up the scores of the players on each team and try to queue teams together so that the teams are within 'X' points of each other. As the queue timer progresses without starting a warzone, the matching system loosens the gap between points, to ensure people don't end up waiting long periods of time for the "right" match.

Just a thought

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.05.2013 , 08:46 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
lol, that doesn't sound very helpful .. Something more productive might be to determine what the root of the problem is (ie: why are people asking for premades to queue separately), then propose ideas for solutions to that problem. For example:

Problem: People say they don't want to queue against premades when they're in PUGs

Root Cause: People don't like one-sided warzones. It's boring for good players, and frustrating for baddies.

Solution / Idea: Devs should add cross-server queuing. Devs should then add logic to the queue system to check warzone/pvp experience at the account level and factor that with the group their in (and whether they're in one) - try to queue them with and against others at a similar level, on a timer. This could be done like a scoring system where each player gets 'X' points (invisible back-end code) for each factor in determining how good a player/premade is - the system should add up the scores of the players on each team and try to queue teams together so that the teams are within 'X' points of each other. As the queue timer progresses without starting a warzone, the matching system loosens the gap between points, to ensure people don't end up waiting long periods of time for the "right" match.

Just a thought
ZOMG YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO THINK OF THAT

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.05.2013 , 08:49 PM | #38
It's kind of what makes the argument silly. We all know they have crappy matchmaking if any, and have said they want to improve that yet people post that they want separate queues, then others post derogatory statements about pugs and it goes back and forth.

Matchmaking. That should be all that needs to be said.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Hexdoll's Avatar


Hexdoll
02.05.2013 , 08:57 PM | #39
Just stop actively playing if you are against the uber geared premade....sit on a node and when it become no fun for everyone they might address it.

V-Serp's Avatar


V-Serp
02.05.2013 , 09:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
When do you want people to get booted into the "preform ghetto"? Two people grouped together? Three? Four?

Should my wife and I get sent against fully optimized preforms just because we group together? What if our sniper friend joins us, making it jugg/sniper/sniper?
Sure why not? We can make a 2v8 or 3v8 wz for you and your wife.

Everyone else will play the standard 8v8, but just for you, we can make a special warzone queue like that. All the other 2 man teams can get a 4 man and another 2 man with them, but you are special, so you get to just go in with that.