Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUGs UNITE!!!

Carter_Mathis
02.05.2013 , 04:57 PM | #11
For starters, this game was already made so insanely simple so that players who aren't good or don't want to spend time practicing can still feel viable, so nou.
Additionally, you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what ranked pvp is. Ranked PVP is a large, coordinated effort meant to increase the size of one's ePeen (requiring a high degree of skill, coordination, and an appropriate group composition). It is not the place where 3-4 random friends group up and try to have some fun and kill some time. Pugs that argue that groups should only be doing ranked display their close-mindedness and undercut their validity, so nou.
Lastly, you are complaining that people are making friends and using voice communication (which 99% of is us screwing around) because you stated that you do not want to put in the work required to do that. While I disagree with you on the fundamental level of "Voice chat is something that is fun, light hearted, and by no means a compulsory unpleasantness," your argument could be extended to question why players who have spent more time getting better than you should be allowed to queue against you. And if you're really going to complain about why people who are willing to do more should be allowed to benefit from their hard work...... nou.
TL;DR: If you maintain your current mindset and don't work to better yourself in any way, I suggest you cancel your account on July 4th because TOR has no need for people like you............. nou
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Kawabonga
02.05.2013 , 05:08 PM | #12
Wouldn't it be better to ask for an ingame voip? At the end of the day the only advantage premades have over pugs is ease of communication, because the gear and skills are there even if they queue solo. I queue solo most of the time and i hate getting face rolled all the time... Still not a good reason to make premade queue...

What i would love to see is better matchings though... might as well give valor some practical use. Create brackets of valor and stick in people out of the bracket only if there are no other players available

DarthBama
02.05.2013 , 05:13 PM | #13
Is it me, or is it always the same group of people that come into these threads because their prey is threatened by what the OP posts? You can't tell me that these guys don't get some sort of sick satisfaction from playing up to 8 unorganized people and grinding them into the ground.

UGLYMRJ
02.05.2013 , 05:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Is it me, or is it always the same group of people that come into these threads because their prey is threatened by what the OP posts? You can't tell me that these guys don't get some sort of sick satisfaction from playing up to 8 unorganized people and grinding them into the ground.
No... for many of us it's us being sick and tired of complaints coming from players that have the same tools to succeed as we do but aren't utilizing them. The game should not need to make changes simply because a large group of players decide not to take advantage of the tools available to all players.

If thousands of players didn't wear armor, would they have the right to ask for changes to the game and ask for armor to be eliminated completely because they CHOOSE not to wear it? Or would you tell them to quit nerfing themselves and put on some damn armor?

Like it's the games fault that some people CHOOSE not to group up.

I mean really... name me one online game where team work doesn't help success.

This is the first online game I've played where so many people stood behind the idea of "nerf team work".

It's a pretty ridiculous idea. That's exactly what makes online gaming great.

Briggs_Knightly
02.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #15

You made me laugh... GJ.

I have muliple toons. Some are in guilds because I was asked to join them. I play in both PVP and PVE aspects of this game. I have Q'ed with guildies and it is not a terrible thing to do. BUT, there needs to be an option for people who just want to PUG and not be at a disadvantage.

I never said that I was not any good. In fact, It is the ignorance of those who made the assumption about me that is showing through. MANY people have posted here to ask EA for this option. I am not alone. What makes the premade peoples desire any more valid than mine???
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

Jekan
02.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #16
I wonder if the OP and other "I hate pre-mades" sing the same tune after a premade carries the warzone and they get the higher rewards.

Yes, I play almost all the time with 1-3 of my guildies. Why? Because at least then I know the level of play of at least 1-3 people in the warzone. And most of the time, we win, but we also face opposing pre-mades that just stomp us into the dirt. We dust ourselves off and re-queue.

Just as those who prefer to solo queue pay their sub fees, so do we. I would give more credence to solo players if I saw them do more then play death match and actually give the appearance of caring about actually winning the game.

ETA: I will concede, however, that the occasion where I solo queue, and everyone is talking, working together and pulling off a win is indeed a beautiful thing to behold. Too bad it's rarer than a virgin in Vegas.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

DarthBama
02.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #17
Have you guys ever watched a College Football Senior All-star game? They generally are complete crap because there is 0 timing with the players because they haven't played with each other before. You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night. Now what would really be entertaining is seeing one of these all-star games with 10 offensive lineman and 1 punter versus a team with the correct make up. There is your pug versus pre-made. And for the record I am part of a PvP guild, but I have the intellectual honesty to admit Pugs versus premades are not fair.

DarthOvertone
02.05.2013 , 05:41 PM | #18
If this thread is any indication so far, there are three whole people playing this game that are determined and committed to just PUG it up in PvP. You are not the majority that BW is looking for...move along and make some friends. This is an MMO after all.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Jekan
02.05.2013 , 05:42 PM | #19
Have you guys ever watched a College Football Senior All-star game? They generally are complete crap because there is 0 timing with the players because they haven't played with each other before. You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night. Now what would really be entertaining is seeing one of these all-star games with 10 offensive lineman and 1 punter versus a team with the correct make up. There is your pug versus pre-made. And for the record I am part of a PvP guild, but I have the intellectual honesty to admit Pugs versus premades are not fair.
What you say makes perfect sense, and I would be willing to give up pre-mades if and only if they fixed the matchmaking process, i.e. 2 healers get in, 1-2 tanks and the rest DPS. Make it so that's what happens, and then I'd be willing to roll PUG. But when you need to guarantee at least one healer in your warzone, guess what, you need to make a pre-made with a healer. It's anecdotal, but I'd have to say 70+% of the games I solo queue in have no healers on our team.

However, doing that would make the queue times inordinately long and then people would ***** about that.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

UGLYMRJ
02.05.2013 , 05:42 PM | #20
You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night.
No we don't... we know how advantageous it is... I think anyone who isn't using the system as intended and playing without a pre-made is underestimating it.

BTW... our pre-mades are rarely made up of good composition and half of the time even though we're on team speak we really aren't talking about the game. It's more chit chat than anything when in regs.

THAT is how advantageous it is... most aren't nearly as organized nor are they communicating as much as you think. The mass amount of generally bad players makes it that easy for a group of 4 with any amount of skill. Most of the good guilds save that for rated and any PUG smashing done in regs is done with little effort most of the time. And even if we do lose... we don't care.

BTW, if you didn't notice... todays word of the day is "advantageous"