Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 12:43 PM | #1
I don't care if I can't even buy them with Cartel Coins, these need to be in game already. We have been waiting...what 8 months now since server consolidations? These are way passed due and myself and many others are seriously running out of patience.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

dscount
02.05.2013 , 12:52 PM | #2
I think its in the works.. Just check out the feature for PTS copy. Its part of that ability to move between servers.

They hinted at it during a livestream recently as being needed.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #3
I know this, but they were able to do it last summer for server 'mergers'....
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Cmdluke
02.05.2013 , 01:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I know this, but they were able to do it last summer for server 'mergers'....
right but they said it wasn't efficient and those were mass transfers all done manually. I believe the new PTS character copy is basically a beta test for the new server transfer tech. I might expect server transfers as a new feature with the expansion, or possibly soon after 1.7.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:06 PM | #5
I also know this, but when I have been waiting 8 months for them to take my money, I am starting to really not care how efficient it is for them.

Bomyne
02.05.2013 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I also know this, but when I have been waiting 8 months for them to take my money, I am starting to really not care how efficient it is for them.
You would if the system accidently deletes your character due to an unseen bug
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:08 PM | #7
As long as they were able to restore it, and it didn't take forever, that is a risk I would be willing to take.

CTyler
02.05.2013 , 06:10 PM | #8
Alternatively I would pay on the cartel market (or outside if it in account management on the official site) for a way to make Legacy work cross-server. Then I wouldn't have such a burning need to transfer anyone.

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 06:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CTyler View Post
Alternatively I would pay on the cartel market (or outside if it in account management on the official site) for a way to make Legacy work cross-server. Then I wouldn't have such a burning need to transfer anyone.
I could agree to that, although I have somewhere around 20million in credits and mats still on my old server that I would really like to have on my new server. Cross server legacy doesn't really help with that.

Fantazm
02.05.2013 , 07:08 PM | #10
This needs to happen.

I miss my poor old Sith Warrior stuck on a server I've never logged into.