Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 12:43 PM | #1
I don't care if I can't even buy them with Cartel Coins, these need to be in game already. We have been waiting...what 8 months now since server consolidations? These are way passed due and myself and many others are seriously running out of patience.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

dscount
02.05.2013 , 12:52 PM | #2
I think its in the works.. Just check out the feature for PTS copy. Its part of that ability to move between servers.

They hinted at it during a livestream recently as being needed.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #3
I know this, but they were able to do it last summer for server 'mergers'....
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Cmdluke
02.05.2013 , 01:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I know this, but they were able to do it last summer for server 'mergers'....
right but they said it wasn't efficient and those were mass transfers all done manually. I believe the new PTS character copy is basically a beta test for the new server transfer tech. I might expect server transfers as a new feature with the expansion, or possibly soon after 1.7.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:06 PM | #5
I also know this, but when I have been waiting 8 months for them to take my money, I am starting to really not care how efficient it is for them.

Bomyne
02.05.2013 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I also know this, but when I have been waiting 8 months for them to take my money, I am starting to really not care how efficient it is for them.
You would if the system accidently deletes your character due to an unseen bug

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 01:08 PM | #7
As long as they were able to restore it, and it didn't take forever, that is a risk I would be willing to take.

CTyler
02.05.2013 , 06:10 PM | #8
Alternatively I would pay on the cartel market (or outside if it in account management on the official site) for a way to make Legacy work cross-server. Then I wouldn't have such a burning need to transfer anyone.

Icebergy
02.05.2013 , 06:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CTyler View Post
Alternatively I would pay on the cartel market (or outside if it in account management on the official site) for a way to make Legacy work cross-server. Then I wouldn't have such a burning need to transfer anyone.
I could agree to that, although I have somewhere around 20million in credits and mats still on my old server that I would really like to have on my new server. Cross server legacy doesn't really help with that.

Fantazm
02.05.2013 , 07:08 PM | #10
This needs to happen.

I miss my poor old Sith Warrior stuck on a server I've never logged into.