[Suggestion] Character Equipment Profiles MK1

Prysha

As we all know it is pretty annyoing that if you have two ( 2 ) or more sets of gear to change the equipment all the time.

Especially at level 50 where you get your [Tionese PvE Set] and your [Recruit PvP Set] ...

My Idea is to Extend the Userinterface of this game to have up to five ( 5 ) Equipment Profiles

As you can see its simply a Drop-Down-List added where you can select your Profile.

Example:

Profile 1 = [Tionese PvE Set]

Profile 2 = [Recruit PvP Set]

Restrictions and Requirements:

*cooldown of profile change should be atleast 1 Minute

** Activation time of Profiles should be atleast 10 Seconds

*** Can not be used while in combat

**** Does not function when already in Warzone

***** [subscription Needed]

****** [Cartel Unlock for Free2Play'ers]

(( OR [Prefered Account Status] ))

That way we can Change our Equipment fast and easily before we queue up for warzones or other events =)

Maybe we can also change the names of the profiles .. would be even more awesome :D

Support this idea if you like =)

Community Comments and Developer feedback welcomed

UPDATE:

Add to that the possibility to bind a spec to the profile and I'm sold.

yes pls

Edited by Prysha

I like the idea!!!

If I could add to this...I would also suggest the ability to put multiple armoring mods (enhancements, mods and augments too) in one set of equipment, then have it function as above. Maybe instead of "Profile 1", it could be "Armoring 1" (etc).

One thing turning me off of the cartel items right now is that it's only a look for half of my game time, since I PvP and PvE. Because of this, I'd need to buy multiple sets of armor to get "my look" for both.

They mentioned this WAY back when they said we wouldn't be getting just dual spec, but multi spec. They said it was coming soon too...this was just prior to ranked WZs being released. It was said mutlispec would allow you to quickly swap between specs and gear sets could be tied to those.

This is an awesome idea.

I would also like to see companion equipment profiles not only have this feature , but put the companion profiles on the crew skills tab or somewhere else so I can put newly acquired gear while leveling on a companion I don't have out, if they are on a crew skill mission, if I'm on my ship, or just to save time.

You didn't mention it, but I think the assumption has to be, given that we're talking about:

• 5 profiles x 14 = 70 pieces of equipment

here, that the UI for the equipment profiles doubles as storage space for the equipment.

This idea would be good, along with a toolbar scheme where Abilities never disappear from the toolbar (such as upon the resetting of Expertise Points). So that you literally never have to reset your toolbar even when respec'ing amongst heals/dps/tank. Though only the one toolbar can switch amongst 6 variants, so the UI would have to be revamped to actually support this goal of not having to update your toolbar when you respec.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Love this sweet idea. With 1 more possible add to it.

Profile # 1: for PvE purposes

Profile # 2: for PvP purposes

Profile # 3: for RP purposes.

Due to the fact, some RP items can make some people "squishy" in

PvE or PvP encounters, but may look or sound really great for RP purposes.

Edited by JediCounsular