Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call out thread to SWTOR DEVS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Call out thread to SWTOR DEVS

GhostSafari
02.05.2013 , 11:42 AM | #1
Please make Crew Skill professions in the new expansion offer what I like to call SUPER EPIC items, something truly special that we can make and equip/sell.

The point is to eventually offer our services and make credits!

I know a lot of people feel a little disappointed about how little return we get when learning 400/400 with some of the professions!

So I am calling the Devs out politely!

Please in the expansion make truly epic gear for us to craft so that we can contribute more to the Kiosk and our avatars!

We don't need a bunch of low tier blue items that will be replaced in one Flashpoint : D
Your life now is the result of every choice made from the hand you were dealt.

nbayer
02.05.2013 , 12:18 PM | #2
You can already craft the exact same gear statistically that you can get in the higest end raids, how much mroe epic do you want it to be?

psandak
02.05.2013 , 12:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
You can already craft the exact same gear statistically that you can get in the higest end raids, how much mroe epic do you want it to be?
He wants the SWG crafting system where most BiS slot items are crafted not raided for .

OP, this is NOT SWG, get used to it.

Mozivicus
02.05.2013 , 01:30 PM | #4
The OP has a bit of a point. Before Black Hole/Campaign and Dread Guard gears came out, you were able to craft top tier (rakata grade) stuff for yourself.....before you ever went into an op of FP. The tier which you are able to craft by obtaining schematics from your crew skill vendor is now 3 tiers less than top grade.

That would be similar to having been able to craft tionese gear for yourself and not rakata when the game first came out. What would be the point of that? Exactly. That's the point now. The top tier stuff you can craft for yourself...BW's perk for you for getting a crafting skill to 400, is no longer "useful".

So I can see where the OP is coming from. Make the specific crew skill reward for getting to 400 ( or whatever the new cap will be) commensurate with the game's (content's) level.

It's a pretty reasonable request, IMHO.

nbayer
02.05.2013 , 02:08 PM | #5
Those rakata peices arn't useless, they are still going to be better than whatever your wearing when you first get to 50. The biochem and cybertech reusables arn't useless either.

Either way, he states he wants to sell these items. Not have them as a bonus.

Xenith
02.05.2013 , 03:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostSafari View Post
Please make Crew Skill professions in the new expansion offer what I like to call SUPER EPIC items, something truly special that we can make and equip/sell.

The point is to eventually offer our services and make credits!

I know a lot of people feel a little disappointed about how little return we get when learning 400/400 with some of the professions!

So I am calling the Devs out politely!

Please in the expansion make truly epic gear for us to craft so that we can contribute more to the Kiosk and our avatars!

We don't need a bunch of low tier blue items that will be replaced in one Flashpoint : D

Good luck with that. Here's hoping as well.
Peace is a lie... and so is your Order.
CE_VIP

Khevar
02.05.2013 , 04:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post

So I can see where the OP is coming from. Make the specific crew skill reward for getting to 400 ( or whatever the new cap will be) commensurate with the game's (content's) level.

After much blood, sweat and tears, I can currently craft the Grade 27 mods / armoring / enhancements for my main class. This is exactly commensurate with the game's (content's) level.

HM TfB/NM EC drop 10 pieces of Dread Guard Gear. This means I'm only going to average 1-2 pieces per week, and with min-maxing that's about 10 weeks to get BiS. Or I can craft a full set of BiS in about 4 hours (if I have the mats).

How is this not a reward for having 400 crew skill?

Mozivicus
02.06.2013 , 01:23 PM | #8
The reward was being able to craft top tier gear right out of the gate.....not spend time REing gear to then be able to craft the the top tier gear , eventually. See the difference?

Khevar
02.06.2013 , 01:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
The reward was being able to craft top tier gear right out of the gate.....not spend time REing gear to then be able to craft the the top tier gear , eventually. See the difference?
O.o

Are you suggesting that the crew skill vendors would sell you Grade 27 schematics for instant crafting of top-tier items?

TheNevet
02.06.2013 , 06:17 PM | #10
25s on the vendor would be a good compromise
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS