Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MadBernieSkills
02.05.2013 , 12:16 PM | #21
For those of you asking if it is retroactive....

The Reputation track for each organization is divided into six ranks - Outsider, Newcomer, Friend, Hero, Champion, and Legend. You will start with no rank at all, but as you earn Reputation Points, your rank will increase.

Doesn't that pretty much answer your question?

SkuzBukit
02.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #22
The very last thing this game required was a faction-grinding system, of all the many alternate progression systems out there in the MMO space this is by far the laziest dirtiest solution & it's so old boring & lacking in imagination.

I'd rather see more sandbox elements make it into the game than tired old ideas like this.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

metwars
02.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
What is the motivation for doing this new grind?

Its a new system that basically asks us to grind lots of old content. Fine. New titles, OK. But why on earth would the majority of the population actually be interested in this thing? I'm sure you do have some rewards for it but you've not even hinted at what they are!!

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.
Well they did mention Rep points that can be used at vendors for new kinds of armor, weapons, and other stuff

JovethGonzalez
02.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
yea when can we test it? and is it retroactive?
Hi itsmymillertime,

To answer your questrion, Reputation trophies are a new type of item that we've added to many existing missions to make those missions more rewarding. Unfortunately, because this is a new system, trophies cannot be granted retroactively.

KarethRiker
02.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #25
There is a little teaste, "Throughout the galaxy, you will find Reputation Vendors associated with each organization. Special rewards with Reputation Rank requirements can be purchased from these vendors. Items and equipment with a Reputation Rank requirement can only be purchased, used, or equipped if you meet or exceed the rank requirement.

Need more detail though!

Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
What is the motivation for doing this new grind?

Its a new system that basically asks us to grind lots of old content. Fine. New titles, OK. But why on earth would the majority of the population actually be interested in this thing? I'm sure you do have some rewards for it but you've not even hinted at what they are!!

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Doverlord
02.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #26
I am not sure why people are mentioning repeating content; it appears obvious that it is another form of end-game content hence why it is linked to the new event on Illum, dailies from Section-X and the heroic space missions.

Trying to get us to go back to some of the other content that they created that people have gone away from recently. The only one that might be considered for credit from past completions is finishing the weekly in Section-X.

Drudenfusz
02.05.2013 , 12:22 PM | #27
Legacy titles? Why not normal titles? Looks like a stupid idea to me.

Nice to get a reason to visit Voss again, but could it also be made possible to get reputation from heroics on Correlia, so that we also have a reason to return there?

Hard mode space missions are only the few new ones? Or could at least the daily for the former highest missions also grand reputation?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Mizue
02.05.2013 , 12:28 PM | #28
Well... i'm kind of disapointed. I was expecting to see some "hutt" reputation, so we would have a reason to go back to tatooine aside from protect the lowbies from lvl 50 imps =[

dennisaskling
02.05.2013 , 12:32 PM | #29
This is gonna be awesome!

Pdarkk
02.05.2013 , 12:34 PM | #30
Seems like interesting new feature. I assume if there will be rewards then they will probably be really cool gear because otherwise im sure a lot of people wont care for this. But above all im glad they are giving us a reason to return to Voss!! one of my favorite planets of above all! glad i have a reason to return