Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login not working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

volvere
02.05.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1
Alright, so I bought the game yesterday, played it fine. Played a little today then it froze. When I tried to log back in, it kept bringing up the "Login Service Is Unavailable" message. So I did the FixLauncher.exe, made sure the programs were allowed in the firewall, did the DNS clear, and finally deleted the patch folder. After that, I would click the shortcut for SWTOR and the login wouldn't come up...click it again and it would say that only a single instance of this application could be running. Tried doing FixLauncher again and it says "Error opening file for writing: C:\Program FIles (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\SWTORLaunch.dll". So I tried reinstalling the launcher AGAIN and it would say that it had failed to reinstall. HELP ME [insert name of whoever can help me], YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!!! :P

Bronholz
02.05.2013 , 11:33 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings volvere,

Thanks for contacting us.

This error can happen when the launcher is open in your process, meaning that the files are in use. Please bring up your task manager, check for any processes called 'launcher.exe*32' and end the process.

Please then try running the fix launcher again.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

volvere
02.05.2013 , 03:06 PM | #3
That did not work, unfortunately.

volvere
02.05.2013 , 03:22 PM | #4
I've got six processes of the SWTOR launcher going and every time I try to "End Task", it says "Access Is Denied".

Bronholz
02.05.2013 , 03:28 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying that for me.

Have you rebooted your PC since this issue started occurring? Although this is a basic step I would recommend it to see if it can change the issue.

If you still experice the same I'd like you to try creating a new Windows Uder Account(with Admin rights) to see if this allows you to open the launcher, or even just allow you to reinstall the launcher.

Thanks for your patience.

volvere
02.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #6
Even going in to Command Prompt and doing /TASKKILL /F /PID XXXX doesn't work, it says Error and Reason: Access Is Denied. I'm the only user and therefore an Administrator. I accidentally made Launcher run as Admin rather than FixLauncher...could that be a possible cause for all of my troubles?

volvere
02.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #7
I even tried running Command Prompt as Admin and still no change.

I did a tracert:

Tracing route to launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net [159.153.92.48]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 97 ms 134 ms 18 ms tge7-1.wacotxeas-er02.texas.rr.com [24.26.192.188]

I'm at an absolute loss. I don't know how I [now] have seven of the same executable process running simultaneously and how I can't delete programs with admin rights due to "Access Is Denied". HELP!!!

(I'm trying to provide as much info as I can as I do my own troubleshooting stuff so that whoever does see this will know whatever I know, not trying to spam or anything)

Bronholz
02.05.2013 , 03:54 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
That shouldn't cause this issue, running the launcher as Admin is a normal procedure.

The reason I'm asking you to try a new User Account is because the issue could be due to some corruptions in the registries or temp files for your current User Account.

I'd be surprised if this is due to a connection issue. I would advise you as before to try rebooting your PC, at the least this will end the processes that are currently running.

What Anti-Virus are you using?

Thanks.

volvere
02.05.2013 , 04:07 PM | #9
I'm running Norton Anti-Virus. I have rebooted my computer a few times. About to try creating a new user.

volvere
02.05.2013 , 04:38 PM | #10
Alright, I tried creating another user with admin authority and it still wouldn't delete the files nor end the processes. Also, when I shut down my computer, all of those launcher.exe processes are still running or whatever when I turn it back on. I mean, I open Task Manager as the first thing I do and they're all there.