Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

Talliara
02.08.2013 , 03:12 AM | #71
Going ranged won't help much if your server has a couple of sorc or sages that team up and know what they're doing.

My sorc often bubbles himself then force speeds into the enemy teams ranged (they almost always seem to group up in the same areas), bursts the bubble to stun them, then our other sorc uses extraction to pull me back. A few seconds later he bubbles up and does the same thing. (use grenades as well when off CD on any you miss with the stun).

Rather a fun way to annoy the ranged while you keep the rest of the team bubbled to shut down the lolsmashers.

Realistically though changing bubble stun without fixing smash would make the lolsmash problem a lot worse. Both need changes but until that happens expect more bubblestun to counter the huge amount of people re-rolling sent / mara for the easy mode smash specs.

foxmob
02.08.2013 , 03:16 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Talliara View Post
Going ranged won't help much if your server has a couple of sorc or sages that team up and know what they're doing.
as soon as the sniper breaks or the stun wears off, he pops entrench. entrench last an unusually long time (20s) and is on a very short cd. basically, it's available for every fight. it's like having 20s force shroud. anybody will die under focus fire, but I don't see how a couple sages charging a sniper is remotely threatening. hell, he could entrench just before they get in range for bubble and completely waste their stuns.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Talliara
02.08.2013 , 03:30 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
but I don't see how a couple sages charging a sniper is remotely threatening
Oh it's not meant to be, it's just to annoy them and lower their dps output a bit...and gives our juggernaught a leap to point on them if he wants it.
So many ranged don't expect a squishy to be charging at them and don't think fast enough to entrench. (you get to learn the good players that do and avoid doing it around them).
That and we get bored enough just laughing at the melee being stunned for most of the wz that we have plenty of time to annoy the other teams healers and ranged too.

PoliteAssasin
02.08.2013 , 03:34 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Cool story bro.
What's even better is the ending.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

Raansu
02.08.2013 , 03:59 AM | #75
The ignorance in this thread is maddening. Every time bubble spec comes into the conversation everyone immediately goes into "lawl 1v1" scenario and gives all these "amazing" tips on how to avoid it. Avoiding a single bubble stun has NEVER been an issue here. It's an ENTIRE TEAM having a bubble stun on them. I have no problem with a sage keeping their bubble stun, they are squishy, they need that utility. However, giving that stun to the entire team is just asinine. You can't avoid it, you will get stunned by another player just simply running past you and clicking the bubble off him because the damn thing is an aoe stun and it takes damn near 5 bubble stuns to fill your resolve.

Enexemander
02.08.2013 , 05:29 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Talliara View Post

My sorc often bubbles himself then force speeds into the enemy teams ranged (they almost always seem to group up in the same areas), bursts the bubble to stun them, then our other sorc uses extraction to pull me back. A few seconds later he bubbles up and does the same thing. (use grenades as well when off CD on any you miss with the stun).

Rather a fun way to annoy the ranged while you keep the rest of the team bubbled to shut down the lolsmashers.

Realistically though changing bubble stun without fixing smash would make the lolsmash problem a lot worse. Both need changes but until that happens expect more bubblestun to counter the huge amount of people re-rolling sent / mara for the easy mode smash specs.
The ironic thing of course is that the lolsmash spec is a great counter to stun bubbles. Force exhaustion+Blade Storm pops the bubble nearly every time, and occasionally you can pop a bubble with sweep if you're just in the right range (close enough to hit, far enough away to not get stunned). Group wise, it's much better for a smasher to just jump in a clump and burst all the bubbles at once.

wwkingms
02.08.2013 , 05:43 AM | #77
the plight of the sentinel is devastating

your class is in a tough spot
NIHIL

THE BASTION

mulzii
02.08.2013 , 07:46 AM | #78
does a marauder had a couple of range attacks (scream, couple of throws, etc) that can pop a stun bubble prior to leaping to them?

Xerain
02.08.2013 , 07:51 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
does a marauder had a couple of range attacks (scream, couple of throws, etc) that can pop a stun bubble prior to leaping to them?
They're all under 10m but yeah a marauder can kite the bubble.

The bubble takes like 5k damage before it's popped, you can build some range and attempt to move away then hit it with a ranged attack like deadly throw that roots and get back on them.

islander
02.08.2013 , 09:48 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
People still play TOR PvP?

Huh, who'da thought?
It beats loldrama about pve gearing. Seriously, I was in a 24 man farming Dreadtooth last night. Just one stack as we had just downed him with a 10 stack an hour previous.
No sooner did the dread helmet drop, did the drama start about who was entitled to roll on it. Those 5 minutes reminded me exactly why I don't do 'progression pve'. As bad as TOR pvp can be in warzones, it's way less stressful then spending scheduled hours raiding over 2-3 nights just to have drama over the stupidest things.
Gžllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five