Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

WaywardOne
02.07.2013 , 10:32 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I don't think this is true. The buff to both was basically the same patch wasn't it?

If I had to guess, I'd say bubble stuns was buffed to deal with carnage maras/combat sentinels. Before the bubble stuns a person of this class/spec combo with the proper gear could leap to a bubbled sorc, and if they were allowed to get off Gore > Ravage Scream (Precision Slash > Master Strike Blade Storm), maybe throw in a Dispatch if the target was still up and that was GG man. Full Health to dead in the space of 4-5 GCDs. You could counter this with a knockback or stun, but stuns can be on kind of a long cooldown and you need them for dealing with things like UR/GbtF. If you knockback then 15s later they're in your face again with Blade Rush spam and you're still dead in the span of about the same time.

With bubbles though combat is almost completely shut down because now sorcs/sages (and anyone they bubble consistently) have a nice cheap, basically spammable stun that completely negates PS (it only lasts for 3 GCDs). The effort vs reward for the spec is thus skewed way down (you can do it if you're really good and pick your targets very well, but obviously DPS uptime is lower).

All that wonderful potential burst and its all completely countered by bubble stuns.

If anything I wonder if smash wasn't intended to deal with bubbles. Leap to a group of bubbled melee and pop all their bubbles at once (and then pop yours so you don't die for your troubles). Singularity stacks stay up for a good long while, the autocrit buff lasts for 20 seconds, you might can slow them down, but you aren't going to completely shut them down like you will a combat sent.

Is basically why I switched my sent to focus. I'd go back to combat in a second if I knew there wouldn't be a ton of bubble stuns (sometimes I say screw it and go combat anyway, just cause I love the buffed transcendence).
Yes smash is the only way to perform well as a Mara while stuttering. Annihilation is too cleansable and the carnage rotation is too fragile. In level 50 games I would have to confirm but i think very few ravages actually finish vs competent teams with 2 or 3 enemies in proximity - there are too many ways to stop them and their cool down is too long.

jackrunip
02.07.2013 , 10:50 AM | #62
Going ranged huh? My scoundrel just became the happiest man on earth. >: )
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!

TipsyDrow
02.07.2013 , 12:03 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Dboyy View Post
A good sent / maurader cannot be beat period (aside from mass zerging, and even then....)

If a sent is having an issue with the squishiest class in the game. going ranged isnt going to help.

Advice to OP,

Go and make yourself a sorc LOL come back and let us know how that worked out for you.

D,
Can't be beat huh? I have yet to lose to a sent/mara in a 1v1 situation. Infiltration/balance shadows played well make sents/maras cry for their mothers.

Gankstah
02.07.2013 , 12:27 PM | #64
People still play TOR PvP?

Huh, who'da thought?

PoliteAssasin
02.07.2013 , 02:09 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by TipsyDrow View Post
Can't be beat huh? I have yet to lose to a sent/mara in a 1v1 situation. Infiltration/balance shadows played well make sents/maras cry for their mothers.
Actually they don't, we wipe the floor with them they're ridiculously squishy. the only shadow that can beat us is kinetics and their assassin counterparts.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

MotorCityMan
02.07.2013 , 02:17 PM | #66
I might not play my mara because I should be able to run around at will and kill everyone and with the bubbles it bothers me and I don't like it and it's not pvp if I can't run around and kill squishys and all the people I want to and I don't like being bothered and I will shelve it and not take it off the shelf until I can run around killing everyone like I supposed to cuz that's pvp. I should be able to smash em and choke em and stun em and interrupt their casts without them botherin me killen them cuz then it just takes longer to kill em and thats a waste of time and the wz would go faster if I wasn't bothered and just killed em all.

theUndead
02.08.2013 , 12:05 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
People still play TOR PvP?

Huh, who'da thought?
Yes people still play PvP. Perhaps you should try it you might enjoy it especially if you choose a perceived OP class.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

ArchangelLBC
02.08.2013 , 12:50 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Actually they don't, we wipe the floor with them they're ridiculously squishy. the only shadow that can beat us is kinetics and their assassin counterparts.
Cool story bro.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

lucianobck
02.08.2013 , 02:18 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post
I'm done with dealing with the bubblespec BS.

I'm going ranged only until they fix this Cluster@$%@
Fix? You are a cry baby the only sorc funcion is the buble stun... If you die for it, sorry but you are a big noob...

DarthScruffy
02.08.2013 , 02:30 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post
I'm done with dealing with the bubblespec BS.

I'm going ranged only until they fix this Cluster@$%@
That's what it was designed to do. It was an evolutionary countermove to a perceived OP class. From the reaction here, it was pretty effective.