Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

Enexemander
02.05.2013 , 11:42 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Dboyy View Post
Again,

This game is RUN and OWNED by all Tank classes, If you are a gaurdian / Jugg / Powertech / shadow / aassasin.

And think ANYTHING is Over powered that is not affiliated with your own spec. You should not be pvping. They are such faceroll classes its comical. I have one. They are so boring its pathetic. there is absolutely no challenge with a tank class.

D,
What does that have to do with sentinels and bubble stuns?

o.0

Ramtar
02.05.2013 , 11:45 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post
What does that have to do with sentinels and bubble stuns?

o.0
this is why Sentinel/Marauder need a range attack, beyond 10m, other then leap in PvP.

Xerain
02.05.2013 , 11:46 AM | #33
You may be surprised to learn that sentinels don't get the 4 second cc immunity on leap.

Shocking, I know!
You don't need it.

I suggest you just quit video games all together because they're just not cut out for you mate.

Kyanzes
02.05.2013 , 11:51 AM | #34
I'm done with dealing with the bubblespec BS.

I'm going ranged only until they fix this Cluster@$%@
Yeah, it sucks.

Smashbrother
02.05.2013 , 12:17 PM | #35
I'm done with dealing with the bubblespec BS.

I'm going ranged only until they fix this Cluster@$%@
Lol an OP class complaining about another OP thing. Oh irony.

Enexemander
02.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
You don't need it.

I suggest you just quit video games all together because they're just not cut out for you mate.
Hur Hur

bbare
02.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #37
Want to avoid bubble stun? Don't be a moron and jump in before your ranged dps pops the bubble. Focusing down the healer helps too...
The Vanity Legacy

ArchangelLBC
02.05.2013 , 12:20 PM | #38
Which is kind of ironic, since the bubble stun change was mainly put in to counter smashers.
I don't think this is true. The buff to both was basically the same patch wasn't it?

If I had to guess, I'd say bubble stuns was buffed to deal with carnage maras/combat sentinels. Before the bubble stuns a person of this class/spec combo with the proper gear could leap to a bubbled sorc, and if they were allowed to get off Gore > Ravage Scream (Precision Slash > Master Strike Blade Storm), maybe throw in a Dispatch if the target was still up and that was GG man. Full Health to dead in the space of 4-5 GCDs. You could counter this with a knockback or stun, but stuns can be on kind of a long cooldown and you need them for dealing with things like UR/GbtF. If you knockback then 15s later they're in your face again with Blade Rush spam and you're still dead in the span of about the same time.

With bubbles though combat is almost completely shut down because now sorcs/sages (and anyone they bubble consistently) have a nice cheap, basically spammable stun that completely negates PS (it only lasts for 3 GCDs). The effort vs reward for the spec is thus skewed way down (you can do it if you're really good and pick your targets very well, but obviously DPS uptime is lower).

All that wonderful potential burst and its all completely countered by bubble stuns.

If anything I wonder if smash wasn't intended to deal with bubbles. Leap to a group of bubbled melee and pop all their bubbles at once (and then pop yours so you don't die for your troubles). Singularity stacks stay up for a good long while, the autocrit buff lasts for 20 seconds, you might can slow them down, but you aren't going to completely shut them down like you will a combat sent.

Is basically why I switched my sent to focus. I'd go back to combat in a second if I knew there wouldn't be a ton of bubble stuns (sometimes I say screw it and go combat anyway, just cause I love the buffed transcendence).
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Joesixxpack
02.05.2013 , 12:33 PM | #39
Try Saboteur. They're good for the FOTM parasites and bubble casters.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

_Hylo_
02.05.2013 , 12:48 PM | #40
yeah ok ...retire the most op thing in the game because of one stun lol .......