Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else barely holding on? Content?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Anyone else barely holding on? Content?

CharterMonkKent
02.05.2013 , 08:15 AM | #1
I play this game for the pvp and it feels like I'm out of content. Maybe I am?

The state of my current pvp experience...
1. I have all 8 ACs and alt hop constantly. Usually when I'm bored with a toon, which could be 1 wz.
2. I no longer find any fun in destroying underskilled/undergeared players, which seems to be the bulk of my server (maybe all servers?)
3. I've tried to hunt down 50s that are in groups of 2+ (open world) to create some content of my own. Problem, see #2
4. I find myself getting completely bored in WZs if my team is crushing the other team. I'll either leave or only fight if needed.
5. For challenge and change I've been playing "worst spec" to try to liven things up (leth operative, 31 point lightning sorc, merc dps, old PT ironfist spec). I did find out that leth operative and merc (any spec) are beasts (in pugs) and incredibly easy to play.
6. For ridiculousness sake I've started min/maxing a set of pure power/surge gear for all my toons (on top of normal min/max sets)
7. I've put together multiple spec sets of armor for spec switching (i.e. jugg has pwr/surge set for rage, tank set for tank hybrid and another set w/some accuracy for vengeance)
8. I enjoy the 5 WZs well enough. But they are cookie cutter, nothing is random but the players. But if we are being realistic there isn't a large variety in the specs being played. So even the player base has become cookie cutter.

Maybe I've simply reached the end of this game for me. I currently don't think so, I still have some fun playing when I log in, most of that is guild related though.
-Is it the simplicity of the pvp in this game?
-Is it the lack of variety or randomization?
-Lack of world pvp?
-Lack of reason to pvp? Where is the war in this game? Nothing we do has any consequence to the game. I've secured Novare Coast 100s (1000s) of times, what has changed?
I don't know, it's probably a combination of all of those.

Anyone else scrounging for content? Any suggestions on how to create more pvp content for myself? Don't say get pink armoring/gear. I've already started pink-er-izing my toons.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Belly
02.05.2013 , 08:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post

1. I have all 8 ACs and alt hop constantly. Usually when I'm bored with a toon, which could be 1 wz.
2. I no longer find any fun in destroying underskilled/undergeared players, which seems to be the bulk of my server (maybe all servers?)
3. I've tried to hunt down 50s that are in groups of 2+ (open world) to create some content of my own. Problem, see #2
4. I find myself getting completely bored in WZs if my team is crushing the other team. I'll either leave or only fight if needed.
5. For challenge and change I've been playing "worst spec" to try to liven things up (leth operative, 31 point lightning sorc, merc dps, old PT ironfist spec). I did find out that leth operative and merc (any spec) are beasts (in pugs) and incredibly easy to play.
6. For ridiculousness sake I've started min/maxing a set of pure power/surge gear for all my toons (on top of normal min/max sets)
7. I've put together multiple spec sets of armor for spec switching (i.e. jugg has pwr/surge set for rage, tank set for tank hybrid and another set w/some accuracy for vengeance)
8. I enjoy the 5 WZs well enough. But they are cookie cutter, nothing is random but the players. But if we are being realistic there isn't a large variety in the specs being played. So even the player base has become cookie cutter.

Maybe I've simply reached the end of this game for me. I currently don't think so, I still have some fun playing when I log in, most of that is guild related though.
-Lack of world pvp?
-Lack of reason to pvp? Where is the war in this game? Nothing we do has any consequence to the game. I've secured Novare Coast 100s (1000s) of times, what has changed?

Anyone else scrounging for content? Any suggestions on how to create more pvp content for myself? Don't say get pink armoring/gear. I've already started pink-er-izing my toons.
Sounds like you are burned out, my friend. I've been feeling the same way, I actually haven't logged on for almost a month. I am looking forward to 1.7 and the new Illum though.

Sometimes I take my alts to through the outlaws den, you can usually find a few decent battles there. Until the other side gets all hurt and calls in their 50s, then you get your 50 and wreck shop! Of course it doesn't always go down like that. Maybe a break is all you need. Try a different game for a bit perhaps?
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

CharterMonkKent
02.05.2013 , 08:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Sounds like you are burned out, my friend. I've been feeling the same way, I actually haven't logged on for almost a month. I am looking forward to 1.7 and the new Illum though.

Sometimes I take my alts to through the outlaws den, you can usually find a few decent battles there. Until the other side gets all hurt and calls in their 50s, then you get your 50 and wreck shop! Of course it doesn't always go down like that. Maybe a break is all you need. Try a different game for a bit perhaps?
You are probably right. I think I'm burned out on the content available, even though I do enjoy the game. Different game sounds like a good suggestion, time to dust off the 360?

I wouldn't mind a sandbox style MMO. If those even exist anymore.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

SOULCASTER
02.05.2013 , 08:47 AM | #4

-Lack of world pvp?

Yes I feel the exact same way, for all of the exact same reasons above. I have 6x 50s, probably will have 7 and 8 by the time February ends. I'm sick of grinding new classes. Warzones are utterly dull. Open world content is non existent. I could go on and on, like you have.

The only fun I currently have in game, is my guild and I just recently started getting into Rated Warzones about a month ago. But we're late to the game, in that department. I'm sure many of you have gotten even sick of those.

This game is, and has always been, a complete pvp failure. I'm sure many of you just stick around because its Star Wars. Thats pretty much my only reasoning. No other games out at the moment that are worth playing imo.

But despite the literal MONTHS i have logged playing this game, I wont ever say anything great about it, if I was ever asked to do a pro-review of the game. Simply because there just isn't anything great to say about it. Its "OK" and "FUN" in some aspects. But it really FAILS to deliver in countless others.

Despite this game being designed and billed as casual carebear game, it has a HUGE pvp player base, and EA and bioware continue to neglect it. Its really amazing and sad really.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

Jayshames
02.05.2013 , 08:50 AM | #5
I'd imagine games would get boring pretty fast if all you do is look down on other people.

CharterMonkKent
02.05.2013 , 08:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post

Despite this game being designed and billed as casual carebear game, it has a HUGE pvp player base, and EA and bioware continue to neglect it. Its really amazing and sad really.
I think that says it all
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

CharterMonkKent
02.05.2013 , 08:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
I'd imagine games would get boring pretty fast if all you do is look down on other people.
I was thinking more of a SWG style game. Player built cities (player crafted buildings etc) and guild vs guild or faction vs faction content. PvP wasn't amazing in that game (it was fun though), but the scale of the game was epic.

They need to add an actual War mechanic to this game. The PvP community could use it.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Joesixxpack
02.05.2013 , 09:26 AM | #8
Still enjoying it but know what you mean. I've been switching between alts, doing more PVE (which gets stale before long), and leveling new toons to keep it fresh.

Yes a war mechanic sounds pretty damn good. Organic and enduring to go with the WZs. Here's hoping at least Ilum 2.0 goes well.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Belly
02.05.2013 , 09:38 AM | #9
You are probably right. I think I'm burned out on the content available, even though I do enjoy the game. Different game sounds like a good suggestion, time to dust off the 360?

I wouldn't mind a sandbox style MMO. If those even exist anymore.
Heh, yeah I miss the sandbox style MMOs to. I still have an Ultima Online account, maybe i'll log in for a while. I mean, it's not exactly a resource hog, so I could run it while still wandering around aimlessly in SWTOR, lol
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

CharterMonkKent
02.05.2013 , 10:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Heh, yeah I miss the sandbox style MMOs to. I still have an Ultima Online account, maybe i'll log in for a while. I mean, it's not exactly a resource hog, so I could run it while still wandering around aimlessly in SWTOR, lol
I just ordered Dark Souls for the 360. About time I give it a go
<Nothing Personal>
+ =