Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion wants to talk to me in private

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Companion wants to talk to me in private

Protoaloe
02.05.2013 , 03:00 AM | #1
Companion keeps on saying that he wants to speak to me in private. I can go 'private', i.e. somewhere in the bush or far away from people and the stupid idiot will still say "need to speak to you".

I even am losing affection points because he wants to talk to me but never does.

Is that a glitch or what? Is there some command that I have not found yet where I give a companion 'permission' to talk?

schnopsnosn
02.05.2013 , 03:27 AM | #2
You don't lose affection because he wants to talk to you, you lose affection because of your choices in dialogues.

You can talk to your companion either in a Cantina or on your Starship.

DarthSeraph
02.05.2013 , 03:27 AM | #3
No it is not a glitch. When I first started playing this happened to me. If any companion wishes to talk in private then you will need to either a cantina or to you ship
Destruˇ | Castellˇ | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

Protoaloe
02.05.2013 , 03:52 AM | #4
Thanks, that is a great help. I do not have a ship yet and am currently in the jungle not quite at the Kaas city. But when I get there I will find a cantina (I don't see the dev's logic though, how can a cantina of all places be 'private' lol)

Tatile
02.05.2013 , 04:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
Thanks, that is a great help. I do not have a ship yet and am currently in the jungle not quite at the Kaas city. But when I get there I will find a cantina (I don't see the dev's logic though, how can a cantina of all places be 'private' lol)
It's possible by private, they're using the rare meaning of "somewhere far away from these things that are trying to eat your face". Not to mention, pubs have a fair amount of privacy because everyone else is talking and, trust me, no one finds your conversation that interesting. Not even Intelligence, and it's their job to care.

Glennahansen
02.05.2013 , 02:18 PM | #6
The cantina in the plaza isn't big enough for some of the conversations, try the one in Galactic market. Or you will have to wait till you get your ship.
Glenn Hansen
Harbinger - Lvl 55 Guardian, Lvl 55 Sentinel, Lvl 38 Sage Lvl 21 Jugg

kalistea
02.05.2013 , 02:52 PM | #7
Something that might help you with getting those conversations, just right click on your companion and listen to what they tell you.

If they say "I want to talk to you in private", then either the cantina or the ship will do.
If they say "I want to talk to you when we go back to the ship", then you really need to go to the ship, the cantina won't do.

When you are at the right location to trigger the conversation, you will see a yellow triangle icon over their head, just like any questgiver in the game.

Ithilwen
02.05.2013 , 06:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
It's possible by private, they're using the rare meaning of "somewhere far away from these things that are trying to eat your face". Not to mention, pubs have a fair amount of privacy because everyone else is talking and, trust me, no one finds your conversation that interesting. Not even Intelligence, and it's their job to care.
And you never know what might be hiding behind that bush, or under that rock. In a Cantina, there is music and loud chatter (hard for eavesdroppers to drop eaves), it's a relaxed environment for you and your companion to have a good 'meaningfull' talk.
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana