Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W Season 1

Obirayy
03.11.2013 , 08:17 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
bladdyblahblah whinge whinge whinge.
holy crap man! i cant believe all this ************, mosus is just getting out of hand lol.

xaiver looks like your guild got in your head, you just reposted what youve already said but raged and made it 10x longer! as i said before top 8 finals or top 6 finals you were still gonna verse us. maybe you should have lost more games like CORE 2 did and then you could have a better match up(jokes). wait even if you did then CORE 2 would be 4th and pandemic would be 5TH... LOL guess whos still versing each other when CORE 2 loses to CORE 1!

and i wouldnt be complaining about the CORE 1 match cause its a freebie and you dont get eliminated.

Quote: Originally Posted by Novarium View Post
the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****
also i dont like the way you put it on Icesis like he fixed the games to make it a rematch, thats the way it worked out. if anything you are trying to rage and cry to try and fix the games yourself so you can verse who you want.

heres both his posts lol

POST #1
I really like this Idea.. I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament.. at least we have a sense of purpose now for winning our games.. I mean we used some of our only set plays against core 2 in the hopes of eliminating them.. but now it seems no matter what we will end up playing them again next week.. and we will not get the chance to play boss or legit..
POST #2
Esky sorry man this is a complete Joke.. we pulled out our only set plays against Core 2 in the hopes that we would either win or lose but leave it all on the field.. but basically you have said here Core 2 these are pandemic's plays now you know all the set plays go and have a rematch against them.. the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****.. what was the point in trying? basically we have the hardest roster through the finals and we get punished for playing well? despite the current roster you need to make it that the loser of pandemic/core1 (pandemic) plays boss or strike team next week.. you have actually made a royal mess of this.. what has been the point in playing the last 3 weeks? it would have been better for us to forfeit and just play this round.. its really that dumb.. we should get a chance to play against a team we have not played.. ie Boss/strike team.. now Core 2 have more experience then us.. and i have no doubt that they will have a way to counter our team.. unlike other guilds we do not have the luxury of playing different players. and we cannot alter our team so you have basically handed them our team list and play book.. and now 50% of our players dont want to play because they feel like they have been screwed over with this structure.. and to order teams based on alphabetical order not by percentage... sorry for the rant but everyone is really frustrated.. not to mention you change some things half way through the tournament but you wont take other consideration half way through the tournament.. People have been complaining about this for the last few hours on team speak thought i should let you know
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 09:04 AM | #272
Xavier / Terminus / Cattaa

From what you’ve been posting tonight, it seems you have two major concerns going forward.
1: The new disconnect rule is unfair/too harsh.
2: The finals draw is not structured properly, thus disadvantaging Pandemic and forcing you to play Core(2) again.

Hopefully the below will adequately address both these concerns.

1: THE DC RULE

There is no sure way for either EsKy or myself to determine which team has a clear advantage in a WZ when a DC happens. And a ‘clear advantage’ is the key phrase. As we saw last week, 45 minutes was wasted trying to get games going in between disconnects.

It’s not just a simple matter of having a rule for resetting as there is the added wait time in between while players reconnect, then the added time of Bioware deciding that two teams queued for ranked still wont start the damn game. The rule needs to account for this as well.

Chatting to Winspec tonight and hearing his suggestions was great and it brought some other ideas to the table. Perhaps there’s a way we can determine that after a specific amount of time into a game (20 seconds / 30 seconds) that it could be reset should a dc happen.
The issue is that there is no obvious solution and it’s something we need to think about. Until then, EsKy and I will run with what we have. If you’ve got suggestions or ideas – please post them here, I’ll happily look at it.

2: THE DRAW

I hadn’t anticipated tied teams and did not have a dedicated percentages method for separating them. Being a casual tournament I did not think anyone would mind us separating the teams the way we have. A few teams voiced opinions about how to proceed next time but none have taken serious issue, until tonight when you posted here.

The best statistics I have from each of the matches are the medal count, and so I have spent the last few hours trawling through every match played by Pandemic and Legit/The Moist and noting down every medal earned.
I then tallied them and found the average medals attributed to both guilds – per match.

To be fair and ensure the order of the bracket, I did the same for Core(1) and Ewok.
As it stands, based on these statistics alongside the win/loss ratio for the games the top four placement remains the same:
Core(1)
Ewok’alypse Now
Legit
Pandemic

As with the WZ DC issue, I will gladly look at other percentages and methods for separating teams in the future. Suggestions are welcome.

I’m a fan of every team that is playing in this tournament and appreciative to every single player that commits, be it for one match or every week. When you make statements about us not doing right by you as a team, you insinuate that we are actively trying to disadvantage you in some way and that's wrong.

Trolling for fun (I’m looking at you Meds) I get. If you’ve got legitimate concerns, post it, email it, pst me in game – I will listen, but please be respectful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Jumpchan
03.11.2013 , 09:05 AM | #273
hahahahahaha thanks for the laughs

could always have me commentate unforuntality ill probably say it how it is

everyone here is a pens head lets head butt each other

EDIT
though i definatly suggest you consider taking pink up on her offer to commentate
she might not be pvp guru but shes pretty good
Jump
/avoid

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 09:08 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumpchan View Post
hahahahahaha thanks for the laughs

could always have me commentate unforuntality ill probably say it how it is

everyone here is a ******** lets head butt each other
Hired
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

rickochey
03.11.2013 , 09:14 AM | #275
Icesis, regardless of what people say this comp is going great man You and Resk are putting out some priceless commentating and really encouraging some top notch PVP! In regards to the draw - there was a little confusion with how it works out (I personally don't full understand but I just go with it). I noticed there was a bit of confusion with the Wookie Leaks game, which lead to them being eliminated but they were good sports and I thank them for the fun games to watch (same to all other competing teams). To the Pandemic guys - you all seem like reasonable guys, but you have to remember this comp was setup and casted by one guy who is doing a darn good job! You weren't the only team that had to try to do well, Strike Team, Wookie Leaks also came into the comp as under dogs and they did an awesome job! As for Legit (formerly The Moist) we never had number for a full team and the only reason we entered was cus my guildies wanted some fun and this was beneficial for our server (and it was, we merged into a larger more active guild ).

At the end of the day there are always going to be bumps in the road with player organised competitions/tournaments but if you go in the aim to have fun rather than to win you will enjoy it 10x more On that note I wish the best to the remaining teams and look forward to more exciting games and the commentary that comes with them. Good Luck all !!!
Bessy . . .

rickochey
03.11.2013 , 09:23 AM | #276
Also to the teams that haven't paid the entrance fee, it would be nice if you would From my understanding only Legit has so far :S
Bessy . . .

Novarium
03.11.2013 , 02:54 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Both games on Thursday are new match ups! And depending on what happens with Legit/Ewok we could see an Ewok v BOSS matchup the following week.

Even if we'd gone with a Top 6 finals series, eliminating the 7th and 8th ranked teams as Bobcowz suggested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs) Pandemic and Core(2) would have matched up in the first round of finals!
I understand what your saying, But your in two minds. This tournament is either a proper tournament where everything should be structured properly including how teams rank who the play percentage etc.. or it is a fun community event in which it does not matter the ranking as long as teams get the opportunity to play a variety of team (we thought it would be option 2) but basically its like you have taken some hardcore tournament stances but made other things a community event its like your caught in 2 minds here. We want one option or the other. we are fine with playing Core1 but i think the community would benefit from matches that have not been played.. a lot of imp faction want to see a boss/pandemic match and a core2/legit match. As i said we are fine with playing Core 1 but you have handed Core 2 our entire hand now they get to decide what cards from they want to take.. we dot have that luxury quite simply we have 7-8 players so they have seen everything.. And the way esky handled my concerns tonight was down right arrogant and rude.. calling us unsportsmanlike, saying we want a dream run, saying we have 2 days to come up with set plays.. please those things take weeks/months to perfect. Clearly we knew before we entered this tournament that Core/Ewok were more then likely going to win and sure Pandemic have played really well and im happy about that.. But realistically our PVE team are just simply not at the same standard as those Guilds and thats something we understand and we are ok about.. but we would to verse other guilds to get a realistic view of where we rank on this server (that was why we entered)
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
Xaviër - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

MouldyCrow
03.11.2013 , 03:12 PM | #278

Here's my solution: use your bloody common sense!

-If a someone disconnects on a civil war at 530/530 and its one node each with a stalemate at mid - restart the game.
-If a someone disconnects from a huttball when his team is 1-0 up - restart the game.
-If someone disconnects before the gates have even opened - restart the game.
-If one team has excessive disconnects through the night then maybe say, this is the last disconnect guys.

You've mostly got it right so far but now decided to overreact because of the way BOSS' game played out last week.

It's really not that tough, we have guys that go to great lengths to play in this thing. Unfit as I understand it trudges around different crib rooms in the coal mine he works at looking for a solid connection before the games. The problem as I see it is more that Fresk and Icesis really don't understand the game at a level where they are comfortable making these kind of decisions. Maybe you should put the decision back into the hands of the players?
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Obirayy
03.11.2013 , 03:13 PM | #279
I understand what your saying, But your in two minds. This tournament is either a proper tournament where everything should be structured properly including how teams rank who the play percentage etc.. or it is a fun community event in which it does not matter the ranking as long as teams get the opportunity to play a variety of team (we thought it would be option 2) but basically its like you have taken some hardcore tournament stances but made other things a community event its like your caught in 2 minds here. We want one option or the other. we are fine with playing Core1 but i think the community would benefit from matches that have not been played.. a lot of imp faction want to see a boss/pandemic match and a core2/legit match. As i said we are fine with playing Core 1 but you have handed Core 2 our entire hand now they get to decide what cards from they want to take.. we dot have that luxury quite simply we have 7-8 players so they have seen everything.. And the way esky handled my concerns tonight was down right arrogant and rude.. calling us unsportsmanlike, saying we want a dream run, saying we have 2 days to come up with set plays.. please those things take weeks/months to perfect. Clearly we knew before we entered this tournament that Core/Ewok were more then likely going to win and sure Pandemic have played really well and im happy about that.. But realistically our PVE team are just simply not at the same standard as those Guilds and thats something we understand and we are ok about.. but we would to verse other guilds to get a realistic view of where we rank on this server (that was why we entered)
everything esky said sounds about right... you are trying to get a dream run by complaining to change the match ups, you are raging and attacking the officals on the forums about the rankings which are not variable because they are sorted by amount of wins and losses which is just unsportsmanlike.

if you want to verse other guild then setup your own ranked matches in your own time, we wanted to verse black sun to replace the wookie leaks game so we just queued up with them. this is a tournament they theyve setup.

i couldnt imagine you having a team in any real sport lol
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Novarium
03.11.2013 , 04:07 PM | #280
Xavier / Terminus / Cattaa

From what you’ve been posting tonight, it seems you have two major concerns going forward.
1: The new disconnect rule is unfair/too harsh.
2: The finals draw is not structured properly, thus disadvantaging Pandemic and forcing you to play Core(2) again.

Hopefully the below will adequately address both these concerns.

There is no sure way for either EsKy or myself to determine which team has a clear advantage in a WZ when a DC happens. And a ‘clear advantage’ is the key phrase. As we saw last week, 45 minutes was wasted trying to get games going in between disconnects.

It’s not just a simple matter of having a rule for resetting as there is the added wait time in between while players reconnect, then the added time of Bioware deciding that two teams queued for ranked still wont start the damn game. The rule needs to account for this as well.

Chatting to Winspec tonight and hearing his suggestions was great and it brought some other ideas to the table. Perhaps there’s a way we can determine that after a specific amount of time into a game (20 seconds / 30 seconds) that it could be reset should a dc happen.
The issue is that there is no obvious solution and it’s something we need to think about. Until then, EsKy and I will run with what we have. If you’ve got suggestions or ideas – please post them here, I’ll happily look at it.

2: THE DRAW

I hadn’t anticipated tied teams and did not have a dedicated percentages method for separating them. Being a casual tournament I did not think anyone would mind us separating the teams the way we have. A few teams voiced opinions about how to proceed next time but none have taken serious issue, until tonight when you posted here.

The best statistics I have from each of the matches are the medal count, and so I have spent the last few hours trawling through every match played by Pandemic and Legit/The Moist and noting down every medal earned.
I then tallied them and found the average medals attributed to both guilds – per match.

To be fair and ensure the order of the bracket, I did the same for Core(1) and Ewok.
As it stands, based on these statistics alongside the win/loss ratio for the games the top four placement remains the same:
Core(1)
Ewok’alypse Now
Legit
Pandemic

As with the WZ DC issue, I will gladly look at other percentages and methods for separating teams in the future. Suggestions are welcome.

I’m a fan of every team that is playing in this tournament and appreciative to every single player that commits, be it for one match or every week. When you make statements about us not doing right by you as a team, you insinuate that we are actively trying to disadvantage you in some way and that's wrong.

Trolling for fun (I’m looking at you Meds) I get. If you’ve got legitimate concerns, post it, email it, pst me in game – I will listen, but please be respectful.
Sorry Obi,

I dont think you understand, Im not like the players who play for me. I dont think you quite understand here Im not raging at people and not raging at the people who put on this event, If thats the way its come across then its disappointing and not my intent.. We dont want a dream run we knew before we even played this tournament that it would be a Core/Ewok or Legit final.. Whats the point of a dream run? eventually will have to play those teams and thats something we dont care about.. all we want is the chance to play other teams? why is that so hard to understand? And thats all i have said from start to finish and thats all i said to esky and i said if all we are going to have rematches then whats the point in playing? not to be a downer.. we know you have the stronger team.. we are not unrealistic about that. and you have the ability to field a stronger team to play us.. again we dont have a problem with that. Iceis Sorry mate I have a lot of respect for you and I appreciate the tournament. The post i made last night was after i spoke to Esky and he talked a lot of **** about us stuff i clearly did not say, calling us names and saying we have 2 days to get other players and set plays? that's Pathetic. And for someone to be running this event and to talk to me like is down right Rude. I voiced the concerns of my Guild.

In addition I do not speak for Term or Cataa their views are their own and i do not dictate what they say, so don't lump me in with the saying the same things that they said.
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
Xaviër - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps