Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W Season 1

Catta
03.11.2013 , 06:37 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Both games on Thursday are new match ups! And depending on what happens with Legit/Ewok we could see an Ewok v BOSS matchup the following week.

Even if we'd gone with a Top 6 finals series, eliminating the 7th and 8th ranked teams as Bobcowz suggested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs) Pandemic and Core(2) would have matched up in the first round of finals!
well all games other than this thursdays (which will easily be won 2-0 hands down by Ewok and Core(1) any way)

only reason it would turn out that way with the top 6 is because you've used an "alphabetical" ranking system (WTFLOL)... and we're not playing top 6, so i dont see the validity of your point

EDIT:
all this back and fourth "yeah but if this happened, you'd still be unhappy" bull **** is useless because nothing's going to change, and i guess i'm not asking for change. even if i was, its too late now. sure its a free tournament, and sure you've gone out of your way to do an ok job of putting it together. i think we're just expressing our disappointment because not a whole lot has been done right by us, being the 8th team who stepped up to the plate to fill the final spot of the tournament.
Caata - Mercenary Cattaa - Powertech Catta - Operative
Master Dar'Nala

Sitholat
03.11.2013 , 06:42 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Catta View Post
just want to say that as an imperial player, i think it is piss weak that you wookie leaks kids didnt show up tonight. sure core2 would have spanked you 2-0, but to see wookie leaks players on all day (from 4 hours before your game started), to not make a comment apologising on the forums about not being able to put a team together, and then just not rocking up, is really disappointing.

end rant.
Trust you to open your **** filled mouth and spew forth not knowing the facts.

We stopped reading this thread after our last loss as we believed that we had been knocked out of the tournament and quite frankly this thread started to clog up with nothing but banta and off topic crap.

We lost all of our games. At the end of the last game we were not told of any more to be held the next week nor were any officers or the GM contacted by the guys running the event to let us know that we were playing.

We found out 30 mins b4 hand on our TS via a few pub guys that have alts in our guild, one of them relayed the message to the organisers that we were not aware that we were playing and also that 5 of our 7 in the team were not online.

So, now thats been said, the organisers can contact the officers or the GM of WL in game for the entrance fee.
Thanks for the comp, we had fun.

Catta
03.11.2013 , 06:43 AM | #263
^ all im reading is more bull **** excuses. LOL that not one WL player realised that you guys had a game until 30 minutes before the game itself. that's an absolute joke... right?...

not to mention... you "stop reading the post", yet here you are the night of your no show, double checking whether you have or haven't been knocked out? trolololol DERP
Caata - Mercenary Cattaa - Powertech Catta - Operative
Master Dar'Nala

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 06:47 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitholat View Post
Trust you to open your **** filled mouth and spew forth not knowing the facts.

We stopped reading this thread after our last loss as we believed that we had been knocked out of the tournament and quite frankly this thread started to clog up with nothing but banta and off topic crap.

We lost all of our games. At the end of the last game we were not told of any more to be held the next week nor were any officers or the GM contacted by the guys running the event to let us know that we were playing.

We found out 30 mins b4 hand on our TS via a few pub guys that have alts in our guild, one of them relayed the message to the organisers that we were not aware that we were playing and also that 5 of our 7 in the team were not online.

So, now that been said, the organisers can contact the officers or the GM of WL in game for the entrance fee.
Thanks for the comp, we had fun.
Hey Pade,

I can understand not logging onto the forums and perhaps we could have messaged the GM's individually to make sure everyone knew the structure - simple miscommunication, it happens. I said to EsKy before the games that you had been such supporters of the tourney, I found it strange we hadn't heard from you.

I'll be in touch - thanks for letting us know exactly what happened, much appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

MouldyCrow
03.11.2013 , 06:52 AM | #265
I don't even really care about the draws - its stupid that you did equal first/second third/forth aplhabetically, since whoever got through was already probably going to play core in the finals it would have been nice to play legit and BOSS too but whatever, everyone plays everyone eventually.

What does piss me off immensely is this new disconnect rule. Zero tolerance after the gate opens is completely and utterly ridiculous. The way Fresk talked about it on the stream tonight is yet another example of the commentators not having a clue about the game. Right up there with "oh no Pandemic have abandoned grass" and "why are these wookie leaks guys standing on the line and not scoring?". It's even more annoying that all the relevant games have been to do with BOSS, you absolutely should have restarted the one where Tinkle disconnected at 530/530. You did reset for BOSS 3 times last week against a team that they were 1 down against. Now its zero tolerance. Where's the consistency?

I'm a network engineer for a living, I can tell you ISPs couldn't care less about doing maintenence in the evening and rebooting routers, people can just reconnect/ refresh their web pages, who cares? Well I guess the random player playing RAW does. It's not anyones fault that Bioware are so **** at making games that they can't implement someone disconnecting from a Ranked game reconnecting to their game. This is absolutely a stupid flaw in this game, one that people have been complaining about since the inception of RWZ.

If you want to change the rules mid tournament thats fine, but I'm out. Its hard enough with stong competion without officials that have no clue and implement stupid rules because one individual on one team couldn't stay connected one week. Have a rethink and apply some common sense please.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Marcusftfw
03.11.2013 , 07:13 AM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
I don't even really care about the draws - its stupid that you did equal first/second third/forth aplhabetically, since whoever got through was already probably going to play core in the finals it would have been nice to play legit and BOSS too but whatever, everyone plays everyone eventually.

What does piss me off immensely is this new disconnect rule. Zero tolerance after the gate opens is completely and utterly ridiculous. The way Fresk talked about it on the stream tonight is yet another example of the commentators not having a clue about the game. Right up there with "oh no Pandemic have abandoned grass" and "why are these wookie leaks guys standing on the line and not scoring?". It's even more annoying that all the relevant games have been to do with BOSS, you absolutely should have restarted the one where Tinkle disconnected at 530/530. You did reset for BOSS 3 times last week against a team that they were 1 down against. Now its zero tolerance. Where's the consistency?

I'm a network engineer for a living, I can tell you ISPs couldn't care less about doing maintenence in the evening and rebooting routers, people can just reconnect/ refresh their web pages, who cares? Well I guess the random player playing RAW does. It's not anyones fault that Bioware are so **** at making games that they can't implement someone disconnecting from a Ranked game reconnecting to their game. This is absolutely a stupid flaw in this game, one that people have been complaining about since the inception of RWZ.

If you want to change the rules mid tournament thats fine, but I'm out. Its hard enough with stong competion without officials that have no clue and implement stupid rules because one individual on one team couldn't stay connected one week. Have a rethink and apply some common sense please.
What I said to the organiers (not by abuse but by chatting lolz), was that it should be an auto restart in any match unless the advantage is already taken in game. (A score (Pref 2) ahead in hutball, door capped in voidstar, 2 cap on NC/CW. I see this as the fairest as its not player controlled whether you DC or not. As we had last week 3 DC's (All by different players) if we had only one restart rule we may have lost the round due to bad luck. There's alot on the line here and it would be sad to see any team be eliminated this way.

As for trolling me personally Term think you need to get a girlfiend/boyfriend or something man, or just smoke some **** and calm the **** down. The trolling dosn't even make sense half the time.... You critisize us for vs'ing "pugs" and winning??? You do realise we were in the exact same situaton as Strike Team were tonight when we played Core 1... As 5 out of our core 8 were away. Tbh tonight was the closest we have had to our core team on (6 of us from the core team). I really cbf with you most of the time as you're obviously just mad at the world for some reason, and incase you hadn't noticed I dont play much at all anymore (mainly just comp nights).

And as for the rest of you guys (e.g Cattaa) joining in, if you guys address any issues constructively your generally gonna get better results than if you just constantly throw your toys out of the pram and cry "WTFLOL lifes not fair to us we need to RAGERAWR anywhere we can type".

The way Bobcow etc have brought to the attention of the organisers better ways to improve the comp for next time is the way to go. Kinda obvious IMO.

Now on a lighter note: Wookie Leaks

I also thought Boss to be eliminated before reading the posts on the forums, ask anyone in our guild. If I hadn't looked myself or had people actively engaged in this thread then we may not have shown up either, as I have cutdown about 90% of my Swtor time recently, so I can understand how this could happen.

And to the organisers: Pretty damm stoked you guys have done this, the format IMO is fine as it's the first real comp just to get a feel of how the community want it run, I didnt see any sugestions from any1 on how exactly it should be run until the draw suddenly shifts out of they're advantage. -Haters gonna hate.

Pandemic you guys really should show some grattitude rather than crying like little kids who dropped they're wowwipop.

Without this comp I bet alot of people that are still here after well over a year simply wouldn't be, as the game has gotten pretty linear nowadays.

Peace and love to all, find your happy place

EDIT - You do realise our sorc DC'd in the game folowwing Tinkles DC, right at the start of voidstar?
-Win

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 07:20 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcusftfw View Post
And to the organisers: Pretty damm stoked you guys have done this, the format IMO is fine as it's the first real comp just to get a feel of how the community want it run
Thanks mate, and thanks for the feedback tonight.

When EsKy and I were chatting about it after, I certainly felt that having us try to pinpoint exactly when advantage had been taken in a warzone was a tough call and could cause some controversy. The simplest way at the moment is the spawn gate but I see your point and hear you loud and clear. If there's a way (as per your suggestions) that we can simply and effectively determine a ruleset then we'll definitely look into it, for now and potential future comps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

MouldyCrow
03.11.2013 , 07:29 AM | #268
Whole lot of crap.
I don't give a crap what you think. If you read what I said it has bugger all to do with you and everything to do with the possibility of putting in all this effort just to have a game decided by some network engineer doing some maintenence between 8:30pm and 10:30pm. Not just us, anyone. Having games decided by a randon disconnect is bad for the players and the viewers. Tanking a common sense approach to it over a hardline one makes sense for everyone.

Trolling you is unrelated, I just think you are a tool.

MouldyCrow
03.11.2013 , 07:40 AM | #269
EDIT - You do realise our sorc DC'd in the game folowwing Tinkles DC, right at the start of voidstar?
You also realise that Legit were a better team than yours that night, and disconnects aside they would have beaten you 2-0, they were 1 tick ahead in that 530/530 stalemate.

If Tinkle didn't disconnect or the game was restarted the way it should have been, the Moist would have beaten you 2-0, be 4-2 in the seeding. Pandemic would be clear 4th instead of equal third and would probably be kicking your teams *** in a fortnight instead of replaying Core2.

Antiskeptic
03.11.2013 , 07:43 AM | #270
bladdyblahblah whinge whinge whinge.
//