Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W Season 1

Novarium
03.10.2013 , 07:09 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobcowww View Post
Great tournament so far, seems like everyone is having heaps of fun. Thanks for the games last night Legit, sorry about keeping you waiting with that ranked pop against the Imps.

As for the finals, I think a top six is worth considering for next season as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs
You could implement it very easily for a 2 pool tournament as well. For example, Core 1 and Ewok would go straight through to round 2. Then you would have 2nd from Pool 1 play 3rd from Pool 2 and vice versa, so Legit plays Core 2 and Pandemic plays Boss in round 1. Then the winners from those two play, and then the winner of that go on to play the loser of Core 1 and Ewok. Then the winner of that would go on to the grand final.
I'm not trying to be negative either, but I don't agree with all 8 teams making it through to the finals. A top 4 or top 6 would offer more incentive for teams to win their group stage matches, instead of just being used to rank the teams.
I really like this Idea.. I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament.. at least we have a sense of purpose now for winning our games.. I mean we used some of our only set plays against core 2 in the hopes of eliminating them.. but now it seems no matter what we will end up playing them again next week.. and we will not get the chance to play boss or legit..
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

MouldyCrow
03.10.2013 , 02:52 PM | #252
Its just stupid. We win 2 games in the seeding and end up having to play 2 hard games in the semis. If we'd have tanked 0-3 wed just have to play 1 easy game and 1 hard game.

Im all for getting this tournament over and done with before 2.0 comes out. Will most likely quit this game if we don't see a server merge with 2.0, PvP on this server isn't enjoyable anymore.

Edit:

Quote: Originally Posted by Novarium View Post
I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament..
Also this, its not too late to fix it.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Obirayy
03.10.2013 , 08:58 PM | #253
(Quote Xavier and terminus)

Yeah it would have been good to hit us with those tactics in the finals, even though I'd probably be crying lol

Also even if we did the top 6 finals you would still verse us in the 2nd game(unless legit beat us) so either way you still have to beat us in the 2nd round
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Scorpiooooo
03.10.2013 , 10:18 PM | #254
Hey all!

If we decide to do this tournament again (Season 2 or more) then we'll definitely look over the finals structure.
If we only have 8 teams then we'll look at a top 6 finals as you've suggested, but if we get a server merger hopefully we could put more teams into the lineup to start with.

Elim Finals Tonight! Woohoo!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Catta
03.11.2013 , 04:35 AM | #255
just want to say that as an imperial player, i think it is piss weak that you wookie leaks kids didnt show up tonight. sure core2 would have spanked you 2-0, but to see wookie leaks players on all day (from 4 hours before your game started), to not make a comment apologising on the forums about not being able to put a team together, and then just not rocking up, is really disappointing.

end rant.
Caata - Mercenary Cattaa - Powertech Catta - Operative
Master Dar'Nala

Novarium
03.11.2013 , 05:04 AM | #256
Esky sorry man this is a complete Joke.. we pulled out our only set plays against Core 2 in the hopes that we would either win or lose but leave it all on the field.. but basically you have said here Core 2 these are pandemic's plays now you know all the set plays go and have a rematch against them.. the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****.. what was the point in trying? basically we have the hardest roster through the finals and we get punished for playing well? despite the current roster you need to make it that the loser of pandemic/core1 (pandemic) plays boss or strike team next week.. you have actually made a royal mess of this.. what has been the point in playing the last 3 weeks? it would have been better for us to forfeit and just play this round.. its really that dumb.. we should get a chance to play against a team we have not played.. ie Boss/strike team.. now Core 2 have more experience then us.. and i have no doubt that they will have a way to counter our team.. unlike other guilds we do not have the luxury of playing different players. and we cannot alter our team so you have basically handed them our team list and play book.. and now 50% of our players dont want to play because they feel like they have been screwed over with this structure.. and to order teams based on alphabetical order not by percentage... sorry for the rant but everyone is really frustrated.. not to mention you change some things half way through the tournament but you wont take other consideration half way through the tournament.. People have been complaining about this for the last few hours on team speak thought i should let you know

Novarium
03.11.2013 , 05:50 AM | #257
change my mind about saying this.. i have said all i need to

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 06:02 AM | #258
Esky sorry man this is a complete Joke.. we pulled out our only set plays against Core 2 in the hopes that we would either win or lose but leave it all on the field.. but basically you have said here Core 2 these are pandemic's plays now you know all the set plays go and have a rematch against them.. the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****.. what was the point in trying? basically we have the hardest roster through the finals and we get punished for playing well? despite the current roster you need to make it that the loser of pandemic/core1 (pandemic) plays boss or strike team next week.. you have actually made a royal mess of this.. what has been the point in playing the last 3 weeks? it would have been better for us to forfeit and just play this round.. its really that dumb.. we should get a chance to play against a team we have not played.. ie Boss/strike team.. now Core 2 have more experience then us.. and i have no doubt that they will have a way to counter our team.. unlike other guilds we do not have the luxury of playing different players. and we cannot alter our team so you have basically handed them our team list and play book.. and now 50% of our players dont want to play because they feel like they have been screwed over with this structure.. and to order teams based on alphabetical order not by percentage... sorry for the rant but everyone is really frustrated.. not to mention you change some things half way through the tournament but you wont take other consideration half way through the tournament.. People have been complaining about this for the last few hours on team speak thought i should let you know
Hey Xavier,

I know you spoke at length to EsKy tonight, but it seems that there's nothing we can say that will qualify with you guys - and that's a real shame because you've probably been the surprise packet of the tournament, ranking fourth overall and outranking Core(2) not to mention beating them last week.

You guys are playing Core(1) this week and get the double-chance, so win/lose you continue on through the finals series. Strike Team turned up tonight despite missing a host of their best players (Kaelus, Kong, Azealab, Luca, Stix) and played it for what it is - a fun tournament that the community can enjoy.

I would like to say that I understand your frustration at the prospect of playing Core(2) again, but you've already beaten them once, you have the psychological edge over them.
Core 2 actually said they have a special weapon in mind for us.
That just sounds like trash talk to me! Of course they would say that! You beat Core(2) in a best of 3, so not once, but twice! They would say anything to get under your skin.

We do this tournament so that the community can enjoy watching and playing these games together. Everything we've done has been in the spirit of the game and the interest of fairness, we always listen to the community feedback and take what we can to improve as we go and hopefully with more tournaments in the future. Already we know a lot more about what works and what doesn't.

Best of luck to you guys in the tourney. See you Thursday!

Catta
03.11.2013 , 06:08 AM | #259
all i can say on the matter is, that from my point of view, the group stage was a waste of time. no-one from either group will play someone from outside of their group until the grand final, which to me, is really stupid. the possibility of being knocked out of the tourney by core(2), after showing them all of the cards in our hands, really does make me mad.
Caata - Mercenary Cattaa - Powertech Catta - Operative
Master Dar'Nala

Scorpiooooo
03.11.2013 , 06:19 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Catta View Post
all i can say on the matter is, that from my point of view, the group stage was a waste of time. no-one from either group will play someone from outside of their group until the grand final, which to me, is really stupid. the possibility of being knocked out of the tourney by core(2), after showing them all of the cards in our hands, really does make me mad.
Both games on Thursday are new match ups! And depending on what happens with Legit/Ewok we could see an Ewok v BOSS matchup the following week.

Even if we'd gone with a Top 6 finals series, eliminating the 7th and 8th ranked teams as Bobcowz suggested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs) Pandemic and Core(2) would have matched up in the first round of finals!