Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUG requirements for raiding

uniz
02.05.2013 , 10:48 AM | #11
op
it is your raid and your guild. if past experiences shown that this number is what it makes you and your guild comfortable and successful with running that content then go with it.

also i agree with you 100% of not taking the lazy who haven't made a effort to get the free tioenesse. if they didn't know about it then politely tell them as that is the only acceptable excuse for having green gear.

it really isn't hard to get a base stat past 1800 but the sentinel/guardian and its empire mirror class will have problems since it is the only class(s) without a main stat bonus in its tree. also many players use non main stat augments or no augments at all which can make this number even more difficult to obtain. a toon with all blue t6 augments will have plus 224 main stat base and more with bonuses. but players dont always use main stat augments. and i will not go into the whys and why nots of this as that is a thread in itself and has no place in this discussion. the only thing i would like to know is why someone has no augments at all if that is the case. there are some reasonable and acceptable reasons for this.

in a nutshell, your guild, your ops run, your rules. if they dont like it then too bad.

MDR_WeedKnight
02.05.2013 , 10:49 AM | #12
Well i guess i cant run with you guys, my vanguard TANK has a mix of 61s and 63s but my aim stat, which by the way is my main stat is only 1750 un-buffed guess im screwed .

TralyanSavo
02.05.2013 , 11:36 AM | #13
We'll take a fresh 50 to SM EV or EC for a comms run. My guild is usually pugging DPS (we have a lot of tanks and healers in our guild). What we will take depends on what the DPS looks like among our guildies, because some of our DPS is very good so they can usually carry an undergeared DPS. We try to look for DPS that we've run with before and know are good if we can.

That said, if a pug does not have at least full Tionese with Recruit gear making up the missing pieces, we're gonna make them grab that stuff because its free and there's no reason not to get it. I dont think we mind carrying someone but we don't need to carry someone more than we have to. I have had pugs with greens at 50 and its probably the only thing I'll kick you over.

And, by the way, to gauge how someone is, I actually look at their social rank. High social rank to me says they've run a lot of group content, how in demand they are, devoted to PvE, etc.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

mikebevo
02.05.2013 , 12:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TralyanSavo View Post
And, by the way, to gauge how someone is, I actually look at their social rank. High social rank to me says they've run a lot of group content, how in demand they are, devoted to PvE, etc.
That could actually work if social was tied to legacy. I have 2 level X social toons, a Sawbones and a infiltration shadow (both have be social 10 for over 6 months). You seriously would take a infiltration social X shadow over my social 3 Watchman? Trust me, only reason she is not higher social is because most fun runs and comm runs we go on we are short healers, so I end up healing instead of dps, but in everything but SM TfB, I would take my watchman over my shadow. Not sure about SM TfB, but I love the burst dps on the shadow, but gear wise and overall dps my watchman is would still be a better choice.

The difference is my shadow and smuggler have been 50 for 11 months or longer, my Sentinal has been 50 for about 2 months. I do dailies, I do heroics (solo) and I train on the dummy, but I don't do HMFP, I do them on my healer since I don't need the comms or the gear and hate to wait. I would love to do more operations on her, but Iike I wrote, I end up healing most of the time. Also have an operator geared fairly well, but she is like social 4 because our sister guild just does not have the people to do ops yet. However, I am fairly confident with my abilities on her, since it is the exact same thing as my sawbones.

So I think social may be a good indicator, it isnít foolproof either although for the most part it is just a good as any other way short of taking people to the training dummy or into a HMFP to check their abilities before doing a Operation.

Lugosi
02.05.2013 , 12:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MDR_WeedKnight View Post
Well i guess i cant run with you guys, my vanguard TANK has a mix of 61s and 63s but my aim stat, which by the way is my main stat is only 1750 un-buffed guess im screwed .
You're a tank, your mainstat is endurance. So I am guessing your endurance is somewhere between 2300 and 2500 lol, clearly good enough. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my post, but we are usually asking 1800 buffed, we just assume everyone will be.

Thanks for all the responses.

After plugging some gear into Ask Mr Robot for sorc dps I found the following, I realize classes are different, warrior gets stuck with a lot of power and snipers a lot of endurance. But, full columi, class matrix cube, class buffs, stim, and 6% from the class tree puts you just shy of 1800. So perhaps 1800 wasn't quite as conservative as I was originally thinking, still easily achievable though if if you spend a week or two doing lower tier stuff before stepping into these ops.

Throw in a few augments, get 35 to 50 BH comms (for sorc example, pick up the BH implant or boots), maybe 120 daily comms for a rakata implant (probably better off just saving up for 300 honestly though), maybe run Lost Island for the rakata chest, get yourself some modifiable belt and bracers, and you are well past this mark.

I'm seeing a lot of comments about 1800 being rakata+, I'm just not seeing this. For sorc (again, I realize each class is different), you can hit over 1900 with full rakata, stim and class buff. This doesn't even include augmenting one single piece of gear. WIth my least geared 50, my juggernaut, I have a mix of BH/rakata (power heavy) and I am at 2000+ strength (a few pieces are augmented).

We could easily carry a couple of under geared people through this as most of us are over geared for SM EC/TFB. Maybe we are setting our standards a little high. I don't want to be a snob or elitist about it, but people should be running at least SM EV/KP and some HM EV/KP. Yeah, I know EC and TFB drop rakata, but I think that was more intended to fill in the gaps from stuff you didn't get from HM EV/KP. Sure you don't need rakata, but it is it really that difficult to get a couple pieces before hand. EV/KP HM are not difficult, people should be thankful they don't have to fight through double ticking lightning balls that hit you for 18k anymore to get the rakata chest piece.

Meh, maybe mainstat requirement is a bad way to do it, but it's a lot easier than running around inspecting people before you invite them. Being as we are mostly running these for stabs, we are just trying to speed up the process.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

MDR_WeedKnight
02.05.2013 , 01:16 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Lugosi;5820247]You're a tank, your mainstat is endurance. So I am guessing your endurance is somewhere between 2300 and 2500 lol, clearly good enough. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my post, but we are usually asking 1800 buffed, we just assume everyone will be.

you obviously did not get my sarcasm and endurance is not a tanks main stat in this game look at there defense rating, the higher the better.

soowonlee
02.05.2013 , 01:19 PM | #17
Rather than gear stats, you could require a minimum sustained dps from the operations combat dummy. I'm guessing that somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 for melee dps and 1000 for range dps should suffice for SM EC or TfB. This takes into account not only gearing, but also rotation mastery.

Of course, this will automatically filter out all noobs who don't even know where the combat dummy is, much less how to use any raid parser. But maybe this is a desired result.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>

soowonlee
02.05.2013 , 01:20 PM | #18
[QUOTE=MDR_WeedKnight;5820354]
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
You're a tank, your mainstat is endurance. So I am guessing your endurance is somewhere between 2300 and 2500 lol, clearly good enough. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my post, but we are usually asking 1800 buffed, we just assume everyone will be.

you obviously did not get my sarcasm and endurance is not a tanks main stat in this game look at there defense rating, the higher the better.

If you're a vanguard stacking defense, then you're doing it wrong.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>

jasonthelamb
02.05.2013 , 01:27 PM | #19
tank with tank stats > tank with endurance over 2000

Lugosi
02.05.2013 , 01:27 PM | #20
[QUOTE=MDR_WeedKnight;5820354]
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post

Lol, I got the sarcasm. And yes, I know defense is key for tanks, but endurance rating can help gauge a persons tank stats as long as they are not completely mis-itemized. We are usually not pugging tanks, so this is not much of an issue for us. I hear what you are saying though.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum