Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is what we're being charged for

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
This is what we're being charged for
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StargazerV
02.04.2013 , 04:58 PM | #1
Here's one of the many, many, many, MANY bugs we see during the game - http://youtu.be/nyhtLe8MYNw. Sometimes it's just small glitches in the graphics, sometimes it's a major bug in FP or Ops which blocks progress in the content. Bottom line, the level of the game is totally amateur and I really feel that we, players paying for the game are not getting any respect from those who get our money.
And here's another point - for YOUR money they expect YOU to do the testing and to fill bug reports. I am personally working as programmer and validation engineer and getting payed for such work. And when I'm getting home and would like to have some rest online, I'm don't wanna do the testing work, WHILE PAYING FOR THE GAME. I sometimes feel, that prior version releases NONE of the programmers or testers opening the game. They just release it and then wait for input from the players. Then make a fix, release and again waiting for players input. No validation process whatsoever.

Dassvidanja
02.04.2013 , 05:07 PM | #2
Firstly, your attitude is terrible and no-one is forcing you to pay for the game. You don't have to any more.

Secondly, find me a completely bug-free MMO, I challenge you.

Thirdly, as a programmer/validation engineer, you should know better than anyone that it is very difficult to find two computers with the same configuration. Again, you should appreciate how challenging it is to program with this in mind.

What is the problem with submitting a bug report? I've done it in many games. It takes minutes and perhaps it's an issue QA were unable to replicate. I have never had an issue such as the one in that video. Perhaps the PC used to create the video just sucks. I can't say.

To sign off, your post is simply venomous and far from constructive.

Stebbinn
02.04.2013 , 05:52 PM | #3
Have you tried repairing the game?
Do you have a graphic card that can handle the game?
Do you have the latest updates for graphic card?
Tried lowering video settings?

I know I'm probably not helping at all but you might want to be sure the problem is not on your end before blaming the company for a problem that might be on your end.
The game runs fine on my computer and it's 4 years old, though there are a lot of bugs in this game but I've yet to see a MMO that hasn't got a lot of bugs.

StargazerV
02.04.2013 , 07:32 PM | #4
About my PC:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
Hard Drive: Intel SSD 520 series 250GB
Graphics: ASUS GTX680-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 680 2GB

Please, let me know if my PC just sucks! If you do, please tell me what should I improve in order to be able to run this game!

I am not trying to say that the game should be perfect I am not trying to say that there is some game with no bugs. There's no program that have no bugs! I know it better than anyone else.
The only thing that I am trying to say is that the game is hardly in Beta quality, I would even say Alpha. Yes, there's plenty of content and huge world, but its quality just not there. And as customers we shouldn't be expected to work on game validation. There should be a team for it. And if there is, they are doing a crappy Job. At this stage it should be called Open Beta yet.

Dassvidanja
02.04.2013 , 07:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by StargazerV View Post
About my PC:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
Hard Drive: Intel SSD 520 series 250GB
Graphics: ASUS GTX680-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 680 2GB

Please, let me know if my PC just sucks! If you do, please tell me what should I improve in order to be able to run this game!

I am not trying to say that the game should be perfect I am not trying to say that there is some game with no bugs. There's no program that have no bugs! I know it better than anyone else.

The only thing that I am trying to say is that the game is hardly in Beta quality, I would even say Alpha. Yes, there's plenty of content and huge world, but its quality just not there. And as customers we shouldn't be expected to work on game validation. There should be a team for it. And if there is, they are doing a crappy Job. At this stage it should be called Open Beta yet.
Your PC is not a dissimilar spec to my own. I simply have none of the issues you experience and I use a single 650Ti. Aside from that the RAM is about the same and I use an ASUS ROG Maximus V mobo. Yet I experience none of the issues you do. I believe there are issues with dual Gfx cards and SW:TOR. Perhaps the old adage 'less is more' should apply here.

Have you ever played Eve Online? There are many bugs in that and they encourage people to find bugs. As I previously stated due to the modular nature of PC's, some may get issues that others do not. It would be physically impossible for them to test every single configuration of computer out there. Hence why they ask you to submit bugs if and when you come across them. Perhaps you are just expecting too much. Again, if you don't like it, don't play it.

Beruthien
02.04.2013 , 07:47 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings StargazerV,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues with the game.

Could you please list the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far to resolve these issues, so I would know where to go from here?

Also could you please post your full DxDiag?

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

StargazerV
02.04.2013 , 07:52 PM | #7
Please note, I am not looking for resolution here. I am just trying to let the support know what I and many other loyal customers think about the quality if the program. The game is nice, but the program isn't. The video I shared here is not the only bug in the game. And I am not talking about being stuck in the terrain, I am talking about major graphics problems, about broken game/boss mechanics, about UI bugs. For example, I've opened a bug with companions which are unable to finish their sentence when you dismiss them. It began with 1.4 or 1.5 update and the only thing happened is that in reply to my ticket they said that yeah, it's suck but I need to open another ticket in different section. And the bug is still there and it is totally platform independent. And what about HK51? All they needed to do is just do the quest for HK 2-3 times and see that sometimes it come with no gear... then they fixed it and player would receive a box with the gear... and YET I received it with no offhand weapon. Yes, opening a ticked solved the problem, support sent me the offhand, but I am talking about bugs here. BTW the support is OK. I would expect faster in game support but yet it's totally fine!

StargazerV
02.04.2013 , 07:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings StargazerV,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues with the game.

Could you please list the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far to resolve these issues, so I would know where to go from here?

Also could you please post your full DxDiag?

Thank you!
Well, no troubleshooting done. As you can see in the video, I just finished the conversation as it is and moved on. I will post my DxDiag tomorrow as it's late already (writing this from my phone).

MikeTheDuke
02.04.2013 , 08:33 PM | #9
My feeling with this is that yes, no one is forcing you to pay for the game nor play it. Second point is, you are paying, if you are paying to the access to all of the additional features in the game, you don't need to yes, but that is what it is there for.

I will reiterate what has been said, find a bug free MMO. Your system is about the same as mine, except my video card is not as new, I have the occasional issue.
Crash to Desktop, simply start the game again.
Flashpoints crashing, never had an issue
Lag, well being in Australia and accessing a US server means at best I have 160ms ping. So I am used to it.
Small graphical issues, like head tails clipping, flaps clipping, streching graphics , I see them soldomly and if I do, I see them and continue playing.
Getting crushed in PvP, well that one, I will see if me getting better will help

There are bug, but other than a bug that prevents you even opening the game EVER I have not had an issue with it and enjoy the game. I am paying for not needing to buy cartel coins for unlocks. I buy them for funky things, but that is it.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

sankalp
02.05.2013 , 12:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dassvidanja View Post
Firstly, your attitude is terrible and no-one is forcing you to pay for the game. You don't have to any more.

Secondly, find me a completely bug-free MMO, I challenge you.

Thirdly, as a programmer/validation engineer, you should know better than anyone that it is very difficult to find two computers with the same configuration. Again, you should appreciate how challenging it is to program with this in mind.

What is the problem with submitting a bug report? I've done it in many games. It takes minutes and perhaps it's an issue QA were unable to replicate. I have never had an issue such as the one in that video. Perhaps the PC used to create the video just sucks. I can't say.

To sign off, your post is simply venomous and far from constructive.
Firstly your attitude is terrible and instead of helping someone your response is "Dont play the game, no one is forcing you to"

To sign off, your post is venomous and far from constructive.