Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

0 Critical Rating Shadow/Assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
0 Critical Rating Shadow/Assassin

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 03:38 PM | #1
Ok, just a quick thread to hopefully put my confusion to rest.

So I just seen a Shadow in PvP who was in full WH and seemed to know what he was doing, but he had 76% surge and 0% critical, and I believe he was using the tank tree. Is there a reason for 0% crit? As im currently leveling a shadow of my own.

Thanks

cycao
02.04.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2
its a bug, it is quite impossible to not have any crit.

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 03:43 PM | #3
I thought that, but either way he had really low crit, because not one of his equipped items had critical rating, all power+surge, so is there a reason for this?

MasterFeign
02.04.2013 , 03:48 PM | #4
Even if he had power and surge, willpower does give a little crit, and the default is something like 21% now I think, if you count the agent buff, and the passive companion buff.

cultivatedmass
02.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
its a bug, it is quite impossible to not have any crit.
just swap out all crit rating mods. would leave you with 25% or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
I thought that, but either way he had really low crit, because not one of his equipped items had critical rating, all power+surge, so is there a reason for this?
probably consistent damage with a smaller chance of insane damage instead of lower damage with higher chance of better damage.

Envyyyyyyy
02.04.2013 , 03:57 PM | #6
In the spec he's in you get 2 abilities that auto crit. Plus you have force potency which also crits 2 skills. Also you get a 15% increase in crit to your melee abilities. So you're actually getting a lot of crit from procs/skill tree. This allows you to stack more power making those skills hit much harder.

<3
But don't take my word for it.

Reaaaadingggg rainbowwww
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Cotlu-Hunlon
02.04.2013 , 04:00 PM | #7
The 'Inspect Player' feature is very often bugged, I would not trust that value seeing as if he has *any* willpower then his Crit chance will be >0%

Bao-Dur veteran

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 04:01 PM | #8
Ah ok, for some reason the whole main attribute giving critical completely left my mind. Suppose it's more for sustained damage, thanks.

tekhiun
02.04.2013 , 04:17 PM | #9
Dont forget that he gets 3 auto crits every 1m25s or something like that
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

SomeJagoff
02.04.2013 , 04:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
a lot of assassins have 0 crit, just power/surge. As others have mentioned, recklessness gives you 2 charges of an auto crit basically. With all willpower augments, then power/surge only, and all the datacrons, you can usually get crit rating to ~25% with 0 actual crit stat.

Also, if you go to askmrrobot and build a toon with specific gear/mods, you can see where all the stats will be at.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?