Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30/0/11 - Telekinetic Throw

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
30/0/11 - Telekinetic Throw

Malleable
02.04.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1
Maybe it sounds crazy. But I really like Telekinetic Throw with no cooldown. Anyone think it is crazy to lose Salvation for Telekinetic Balance?

Comments appreciated.
Thanks,
Mal

Nibbon
02.04.2013 , 03:00 PM | #2
Well, the answer is always, it depends ... If it fits your play style and you are enjoying it - then sure I think it may be viable for HM FPs, maybe even most SM Ops ... but you are sacrificing your strongest heal (perhaps strongest in the game).

If the question were --- would I, as a raid leader, let one of my sages spec like this for a raid? I'd say no, I wouldn't.

If the question were - is this the best spec for any PVE content? I'd also say no.

Is it viable for PvP? Not sure, really. I have a couple guildies who do a hybrid DPS/Heal spec in PvP - but I think they have both switched to bubble stun spec for now.

-Sirus-
02.04.2013 , 04:00 PM | #3
Soloing: Makes a lot of sense to flip points out if you're about to run dailies or something. You're not going to have to worry about force management and Salvation on you + companion is unexciting.

4-Man PvE content: If you have an experienced group that is well over geared it seems OK. I'm in 61s with some 63s and find that I don't have to worry about force management anymore even when I contribute to dps to the best of my measly ability. Some content, like Kaon turret fight, are made much easier with salvation. If your group is taking a lot of damage and you aren't very overgeared, you'll find force management harder without the discounts from the TK tree or Salvation.

8-16 man PvE content: Would never do this or let someone doing this in my group. You'd be a huge liability in either a healing or dps role. You will have serious force management issues trying to put out sustained hps without the tk tree points. On top of that, you don't have Salvation to efficiently deal with raid damage. Your dps will be significantly lower than a full dps to the point that you can't really fill that role either for any fight with a tight enrage timer. Operations are not the place to take hybrids.

PvP: Very reasonable. It's much harder to get good Salvation off against competent opponents. You'll be getting stunned, focused down, pushed around, and interrupted that cast times are rough to have. Dying prematurely is also more common than running OOF. This build pretty much just seems like you want to run around with one or two allies for node attacking and lane running on huttball.

Master-Nala
02.05.2013 , 10:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
Soloing: Makes a lot of sense to flip points out if you're about to run dailies or something. You're not going to have to worry about force management and Salvation on you + companion is unexciting.

4-Man PvE content: If you have an experienced group that is well over geared it seems OK. I'm in 61s with some 63s and find that I don't have to worry about force management anymore even when I contribute to dps to the best of my measly ability. Some content, like Kaon turret fight, are made much easier with salvation. If your group is taking a lot of damage and you aren't very overgeared, you'll find force management harder without the discounts from the TK tree or Salvation.

8-16 man PvE content: Would never do this or let someone doing this in my group. You'd be a huge liability in either a healing or dps role. You will have serious force management issues trying to put out sustained hps without the tk tree points. On top of that, you don't have Salvation to efficiently deal with raid damage. Your dps will be significantly lower than a full dps to the point that you can't really fill that role either for any fight with a tight enrage timer. Operations are not the place to take hybrids.

PvP: Very reasonable. It's much harder to get good Salvation off against competent opponents. You'll be getting stunned, focused down, pushed around, and interrupted that cast times are rough to have. Dying prematurely is also more common than running OOF. This build pretty much just seems like you want to run around with one or two allies for node attacking and lane running on huttball.
All of this. I would add that if you're a subscriber, buying the perk that let's you field spec is a good choice to have your cake and eat it too.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Vanarion
02.06.2013 , 02:55 AM | #5
For easy soloing even without a companion I use:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...0zZcZcMcRszz.2

I also use that build in flashpoints that do not require area healing, when the group is competent enough.
It's exceptionally fun, when going with to other sages, who are skilled the same way.
Thanks to field respec It's also fun to respecc to this build for the duell encounter in Eternity Vault. You'll by far be the first to finish your opponent .

I yet have to try it in a 8 man pure consular raid with 6 sages skilled this way .

But if not for fun raids, I go for full healing of course.

Just wanted to say: Try out fun builds, as long as your group knows about it and accepts it.
Best do it together with guild members, who like to experiment themselves.
Server: Vanjervalis Chain
Gilde: Corellianischer Sonnenregen
Das Anchoi Vermächtnis: Silan, Gelehrte; Beslan, Revolverheldin; Nalis, Saboteur

Malleable
02.06.2013 , 10:42 AM | #6
Thanks Vanarion,
I had been tossing around a similar spec idea like that, but wasnt sure if the no-regen reduction and increased crits were more valueable than some of the other gains in the telekinetic line and balance line.

I am actually four boxing Sages. So I dont PvP or do operations or flashpoints. Just my four guys running around.

Works pretty well as I can stack healing. But what I wouldnt do for just ONE more spec point.

Mal

Swissbob
02.09.2013 , 07:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post

Yes, yes, yes, yes,

Quote:
All of this. I would add that if you're a subscriber, buying the perk that let's you field spec is a good choice to have your cake and eat it too.
and yes.
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands