Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Scrapper's Handbook: A PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
The Scrapper's Handbook: A PvP Guide

randiesel
04.18.2013 , 01:26 PM | #151
It's our survivability that is the issue, not our damage. I've said it countless times in 1.X and now 2.0 is here and it's worse. What you said is effectively hat I've said in other threads: other classes have had their damage increased hike our defenses have remained untouched. Tht effectively means we are even MORE vulnerable now.

Examples:

Last night I had 2 snipers in a Novare picking me off as soon as I unstealthed, try had pocket heals on top of the obvious. In fact, one dude was so cocky as to constantly you with me as if I had hassle him in the past, which wasn't the case. They ended Novare with 750k a piece and 0 deaths with me at 520k and 7 deaths.

However, the flip side to that is a few games later, frustrated at this point mind you, I was in Voidstar with a competent bunh, and was virtually unfocused by the opposin team for all of round 1. Round 2 came and they started getting more aggressive to beat is an I started getting focused then. It was by pyro PTs not snipers though. I ended top damage for pub at 813k with 2 deaths.

Point is our damage is there. Stringing crits together is a little worse b/c luck has changed with crit changes. But our survivability is in the toilet.

I play a shadow as well and even balance spec I wouldn't call survivability as "low" as the previous post said. They have amazing survivability compared to a scrapper. I still say we need our dodge booste to a sufficient level. We're at 5% base dodge with 2% talented. Going against someone who has accuracy over 100 will negate that and we take every single hot sent our way. We need dodge to survive, we're not tanks, were not meant to take hits at all, let alone every one of them.

Lastly, my scrapper has 7% dodge as stated with talents. My infil has 10% parry and has better defense CDs to boot. I can also equip a shield for what 20% more dodge/absorb chance. It seriously needs to be looked at.

Sorry for any typos, did this on my iPhone in a break.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Luckeyduckey
04.19.2013 , 08:34 AM | #152
We're glass cannon, and we're designed to "Pillar kite". Our roll is pretty great now, since you can roll behind something heal, then keep fighting. It takes time getting used to.
Expl°it
ěnslaught
Eradicate

randiesel
04.19.2013 , 11:50 AM | #153
Yeah, pretty much. But tht doesn't mean we should have to take it on the chin and have a 5%/7% talented dodge chance. Especially what does that come out to if our opponent has enough accuracy? 25% dodge would not kill them to do and that's only be for melee and ranged attacks, we'd still eat tech and force attacks 100% like normal.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

ktkenshinx
04.19.2013 , 02:20 PM | #154
Life came up so I am still chugging on to 55. But I have not forgotten about the thread! Once at 55 I will start to post some updates to the main page. I am also working on some general updates involving talents, Scamper, and new WZ ideas given some of our new capabilities.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

randiesel
04.20.2013 , 07:01 AM | #155
Welcome back.

Yeah, interested in seeing your updates at 55.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Syberduh
04.21.2013 , 08:35 AM | #156
Has anyone crunched any numbers re: trading cunning for surge in augments? Would it be at all advisable to trade 100-200 cunning for surge via augments in order to max out alacrity on the rest of the gear?
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

randiesel
04.21.2013 , 11:32 AM | #157
No, surge has a much lower cap now and the more surge you stack the less you benefit from it. I'm at 73% right now and see less benefit from each additional surge I get. Think the cap is now 75% by the looks of it.

Not sure what you or anyone else's stats are but bolstered to 1206 tech with 1900 exp, 2 of the 410 power proc relics, 73% surge and a WZ dmg buff I hit 7400+ SF and 6800+ BB. That's on the high end, not the norm.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Syberduh
04.21.2013 , 04:57 PM | #158
I'm thinking 0-100 surge on gear and 0-200 surge on augments. Not trying to stack surge.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

CarthOnansi
04.21.2013 , 05:10 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
I'm thinking 0-100 surge on gear and 0-200 surge on augments. Not trying to stack surge.
I would not recommend using surge augments. I personally find it better to acquire stats such as crit and surge in your gear to an extent, make up the markers in your gear. Then stats which you just need as many as you can get of (power/cunning) you put in augment slots as it lets you reach your targets more easily and know how to easily finish off your gear.

Just a little gearing tip.

I have been playing around with the numbers at the moment, still trying to work out optimal stats for us, and the equivalent level of gear we need for that (mods and things). I think though I would trust Randiesel or kittnshinx to give far better recommended stats. Will still post when I have anything more definitive.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

randiesel
04.22.2013 , 08:26 PM | #160
Heh, thx for the vote of confidence man. Idk that I necessarily am one to go by though =P

For whatever it's worth, since it was brought up, here are my current stats. 2 pics, first one outside of a warzone on fleet w/o bolster and the 2nd with bolster inside a wz. I have in NO way min/maxed my gear, haven't had the time and quite frankly at this very moment I don't really care to. Of importance to mention is I've dropped the 2 piece PvE bonus (15% crit to BB) for more expertise in my gear, albeit I am running with 2 +41 power crystals instead of +41 exp crystals in my weapons. My gear is 3 pc Medic gear (for +10% dmg absorption with Defense Screen for added survivability) and 2 pc Enforcer (for +1 second to Dodge). Every piece is Partisan, with the exception being a Conq shotgun. I'm poor at the moment, so I'm using my lvl 50 augments (+18 cunning/+12 endurance). Hoping to replace those as I gain more credits through dailies and prices on augments go down.

Stats outside of a warzone, no bolster
1121.9 tech damage/26.15% crit/74.47% surge/2.87% alacrity

Stats inside of a warzone, with bolster
1209.3 tech damage/rest are the same

Short/bad Voidstar screenshot is my highest single hit at 55 (with Shoot First). Probably everyone has noticed 50-54 our damage started going down with every level we gained (hitting for over 8k at 50). Soon as I entered level 55 PvP I was hitting barely over 6k and would not get the 6k medal every game as bolster was still a mess and I only had EWH gear still, vs others who had leveled faster (leveled my scrapper 2nd after my shadow) and were already full partisan. After gearing and getting more power/surge, those number climbed and I usually hit 6.8-7.1k a game now.

Technically we should probably be gearing/modding more for alacrity with it being so much better for us, especially increasing our energey regen (as unloading with heavy attacks can still easily drain your energy bar). However, I find I have better uptime (time spent actually playing, not behind the locked doors waiting to respawn b/c we're so easy to kill) by hitting as hard as I possibly can and moving from target to target offing them, rather than hitting faster for lower damage. I'd suspect PvE raiding would be the opposite, but I'm big on survivability in PvP, which is probably why I play a Shadow too.

Again, not that anyone should go by my stats, I don't know that how I play is optimal to the scrapper populous as a whole. But since the topic of stats was in the air figured I'd share mine at least.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops