Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Scrapper's Handbook: A PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
The Scrapper's Handbook: A PvP Guide

Wainamoinen
03.27.2013 , 01:11 PM | #131
Apologies for linking my own thread, but you guys may be interested in a post I made in the PvP forum.

It compares the damage I was taking from different abilities on the PTS and compares it to Live. I'm scrapper ofc.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615918
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

randiesel
03.28.2013 , 11:33 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Apologies for linking my own thread, but you guys may be interested in a post I made in the PvP forum.

It compares the damage I was taking from different abilities on the PTS and compares it to Live. I'm scrapper ofc.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615918
Thank you!
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Gondolindhrim
04.05.2013 , 08:44 AM | #133
First of all, great thread and well worth the sticky. I've been levelling an Operative almost solely through PvP (only done class story and main planetary chains as far as PvE goes) the past two months or so, and the tips and tricks I learned from this thread have been quite helpful.

Now, she hit level 49 a few days ago, but I've deliberately avoided further XP gain since the group of friends I play with are quite a way off 50, and I'm not too keen on playing in Recruit gear anyway. However, since the PvE bonus on the Arkanian gear is so much worse than what we have on live, I was wondering if anyone who's been on the PTS knows if the current set bonus will still be obtainable in 2.0 (by running EC HM/NiM)?

TL;DR - Will Dread Guard gear purchased after the expansion have the current set bonus for Scrapper/Concealment, or the new one? If it's the latter, I'll run some ops this weekend and try to grab the pieces I need before it's too late.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | Bao-der | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

randiesel
04.05.2013 , 01:05 PM | #134
Already been stated, the stats remain the same on current gear but slots will be overwritten by higher level gears set bonus if you drop that armoring into the shell.

An don't hold off on hitting 50. For what, the expansion goes live in 4 days.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

ktkenshinx
04.09.2013 , 01:47 PM | #135
Starting my leveling journey to 55 today! Once I hit 55 and see how things are, I will do a thorough updating of the first post. Bolster is making PVP testing a bit inconsistent right now; I am smacking around guys one minute and then eating 8k hits from a level 35 in the next. But I should have some starting ideas soon enough.

Good luck on Makeb fellow Scrappers and Operatives!
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

AngelofCain
04.09.2013 , 02:59 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
Starting my leveling journey to 55 today! Once I hit 55 and see how things are, I will do a thorough updating of the first post. Bolster is making PVP testing a bit inconsistent right now; I am smacking around guys one minute and then eating 8k hits from a level 35 in the next. But I should have some starting ideas soon enough.

Good luck on Makeb fellow Scrappers and Operatives!
FInished makeb this afternoon. will finish leveling by pvp. so far... it looks really good. 7,6k hit on a slinger and a 6k backstab.

The roll is nice. think they fixed the bounce roll, either that or I am doing it wrong. But I tend to over use it and get energy depleted.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Wainamoinen
04.10.2013 , 04:57 AM | #137
People may not wish to believe it with all the weeping and pulling of hair over naked vs pvp gear, but my EWH still gives me better stats (once you account for expertise, bonus damage, crit chance and surge bonus) than any of the sub-par sets I tried.

Also, I find it kind of nice that everyone's pretty much of a level. Highest Shoot First was 8374 last night, a few other 8ks and a nice pile of 7ks and 6ks from various abilities. That's in the modded EWH gear. People's stats maybe similar, but can still ruin someone's day from stealth, which is great. Made 51 before I logged off so I get to roll around like Sonic tonight.

edit: noticed i was taking surprisingly little Smash damage too (as in, Smash wasn't 90% of the biggest hits I took - more like 20%), which was a nice surprise. Don't know why. Highest hits taken were from Maul (topped at 7.8k), some big Heatseekers too.

randiesel
04.10.2013 , 05:45 AM | #138
Yeah, I only leveled to 51 on my scrapper, but been doing over 8k each game with dps running almost up to 1k. They definitely addressed a lot of issues with the spec and energy management is a thing of the past, at least for those of us who lived through the last year with this class.

The roll is actually a lot more fun/useful than I thought. I was able to hold off 3 ppl from capping a pylon in AH by myself and took out 2 sentinels, before dying to the guardian. All-in-all it's 100% better than it used to be.

I am hearing from friends that MM snipers are ****** the game once they get their roll. Haven't had too much trouble with them, but honestly I've been playing my shadow a lot more so not able to comment just yet.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

AngelofCain
04.10.2013 , 10:25 AM | #139
hit 55 this morning and ran coupla warzones. That roll makes us super sleek in VS, definitely.

AHG still not my favorite but easier to get around and escape with our roll.

so while you sonic the hedgehogs roll around lvling, pay attention to the 1 second window after the roll, you can cast probe during that window. and then move in.

Just a little fun escape tactic against players, roll through them and cast probe as you turn around. no crouching required.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Wainamoinen
04.10.2013 , 11:43 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
so while you sonic the hedgehogs roll around lvling, pay attention to the 1 second window after the roll, you can cast probe during that window. and then move in.
You mean without having to hit crouch? That would be neat, will give that a try.