Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to Juggernaut PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New to Juggernaut PvP

Shaunnyy
02.04.2013 , 02:33 PM | #1
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this.

I dinged 50 about 2 days ago, I have already got the War hero vindicators saber and generator, aswell as all the strength willpower and endurance datacrons,

I am rage specced for PvP 3/7/31, And i intend to stay that way.

What i want to know is what augments should i be using to add to each piece of armour?
also what are the caps for juggernaut rage ? expertise accuracy etc.

And are all the mods and augments already in the WH and EWH gear okay they dont need to be changed?

Do i go all vindicator war hero or go half and half for 2 set bonus?
Also is it even worth augmenting my gear until i get elite war hero?

Thanks for possibly helping me, and sorry the spelling is terrible rushing this post before i go to work

Thanks !

ParagonAX
02.04.2013 , 02:42 PM | #2
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this.

I dinged 50 about 2 days ago, I have already got the War hero vindicators saber and generator, aswell as all the strength willpower and endurance datacrons,

I am rage specced for PvP 3/7/31, And i intend to stay that way.

What i want to know is what augments should i be using to add to each piece of armour?

Power/endurance

also what are the caps for juggernaut rage ? expertise accuracy etc.

No real cap on expertise. You can go either 1396 (expertise in all slots), or 1314 (2x power crystals instead of expertise crystals)

As a rage jugg your primary attack is smash, since this is a force attack you do not need ANY accuracy.

And are all the mods and augments already in the WH and EWH gear okay they dont need to be changed?

Yes, they need to be changed. This is called min/maxing. Basically you want to avoid anything with accuracy or crit, since smash is an autocrit. You want to stack power and surge on everything. You will have to re-grind some pieces several times over to the all the right mods/enhancements.

Do i go all vindicator war hero or go half and half for 2 set bonus?

Full vindicator. The 10% bonus is important.

Also is it even worth augmenting my gear until i get elite war hero?

You should get an orange set of shells that you like. Augment the entire set. Then take out mods/armorings/gear and put into the set and replace them as you buy new pieces. The shell does not change.

Thanks for possibly helping me, and sorry the spelling is terrible rushing this post before i go to work

Thanks !
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance
Malefžce | Sžlence | Macropyre | Blžnk

For general inquiries about Triumph, please direct your questions in-game to our PR representative, Undercon

Cappadin
02.04.2013 , 04:41 PM | #3
Yes to what the above poster has said. There are some variations you can choose however. With the 6%,bonus to strength, you may want to go str/end mods. You lose 1.6 points of bonus damage for roughly 1% more crit. I like to swap specs a lot as vigilance is my favorite spec. That being said, full min max for focus will gimp vigilance. I keep my dps set at 97% accuracy, 28% crit, rest in power/surge all str/end mods. With full buffs and 3% accuracy from vig tree, I have 100% accuracy, 34% crit

People will say you don't need crit at all as focus but it helps with every ability other than smash. People negating crit iswhy the fallacy of focus knights hittong like wet noodles outside of smash came about in the first place.

I have played over 100 ranked games with an 80% win ratio and top the charts almost every game with this gear set up.

That being said the above poster is fully accurate and their specs are accepted as the norm

itsmymillertime
02.04.2013 , 04:49 PM | #4
Go Strength/Endurance augments since your get +6% to strength in your skill tree. Better than power.

SlimsPicken
02.04.2013 , 05:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Go Strength/Endurance augments since your get +6% to strength in your skill tree. Better than power.
Normally this is the established logic. Main stat plus % boost from talents = more bonus dam than power alone point for point (especially for the 9% boost talents)

otherwise stack power for sure if you dont have a mainstat % boost talent.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.